Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Penalize Dumping

Quote Originally Posted by Catlep55 View Post
    Many teams are dumping taks and only taking 135s. What's the point then? I suggest tasks on the board must be played. If a coop only wants to play 135s then the lower numbers remain on the board until the end of the race. By the end, they may only be playing with one or two tasks and force use of lower point tasks but so be it. Also, if a task is taken and the player does not return to complete it then the leader or co-leader should be able to dump it with significant penalties to the player and coop. This will reduce future issues of a fake player utilized strictly for dumping. I think this would make the game more fair for everyone.
    Thank you
    I totally disagree with the whole concept. This leaves a team at the mercy of the random task generation. It would be simple luck and have nothing at all to do with competition. The regatta is all about competition. I personally wouldn’t have much reason to even compete if I had no control at all over what tasks I’m willing to take. It’s my understanding that there is indeed a penalty for dumping tasks, but that it only affects the co-op's standing on the season-leader's board.

I would worry more about cheating than strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoEggs View Post
    I totally disagree with the whole concept. This leaves a team at the mercy of the random task generation. It would be simple luck and have nothing at all to do with competition. The regatta is all about competition. I personally wouldn’t have much reason to even compete if I had no control at all over what tasks I’m willing to take. It’s my understanding that there is indeed a penalty for dumping tasks, but that it only affects the co-op's standing on the season-leader's board.

I would worry more about cheating than strategy.
    Ok I totally agree with you it is everyone choice on what they want. Not everyone can be a top winner