Thread: Is there any point expanding your Zoo if you have no interest in it?

Is there any point expanding your Zoo if you have no interest in it?

I sometimes get Zoo cards as 'special' rewards that feel more like a punishment than a reward.

I only play it because sometimes you get cash or coins useful to your main town.

My question is - are the resources taken from your main town and spent on the Zoo worth it?

I cant see the time, expense and resources required to advance in the zoo being worth the effort just for the rewards you can earn alone. For me I did my zoo because I love the zoo area and like to complete what I can in my Township game also. The biggest rewards to be had are the Tcash you get for purchasing the enclosure and then for completing the animal family. The last enclosure, the red Pandas needed 242 bricks and 242 glass IIRC and cost 370,000 coins. You can earn a total of 30 tcash by building it and getting all the animals, so I guess its up to you to decide if its worth that.

As for rewards from fulfilling orders, while you need animal cards that is pretty much what your rewards are going to be for completing them. Coins are not very high for what is requested, and once you have all the animal cards the rewards are pretty pitiful for 12 complete orders (24 baskets)you might occasionally get 1 tcash. You can earn some tcash by completing so many orders to gain achievements at your town hall, but you will be using an awful lot of products to reach these goals.

So IMO unless you like your zoo or are driven to complete town hall achievements then no the rewards are not worth it.
    Co-op name: War of the Roses / Co-op code:#WRY74Y / Platform: Kindle.
    Town name: Downton / Town Level: 135/ Friend Code: Y7UZA5 Full but happy to keep you on pending list
    New to the game? Check out the New to Township section right here on the forum for useful info & tips, & Township Wiki for even more info .

That's a really helpful answer. Thanks. I guess I'll leave it for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Raine Logan View Post
    That's a really helpful answer. Thanks. I guess I'll leave it for now.
    You're welcome Raine .
    Co-op name: War of the Roses / Co-op code:#WRY74Y / Platform: Kindle.
    Town name: Downton / Town Level: 135/ Friend Code: Y7UZA5 Full but happy to keep you on pending list
    New to the game? Check out the New to Township section right here on the forum for useful info & tips, & Township Wiki for even more info .

I am more interested in developing my town rather than the zoo but I have found it useful to expand zoo land/enclosures to use up tools I don’t need for my town. It helps to clear out barn space rather than selling off tools. I’m not sure if it will be as efficient or practical at higher levels, though.

Yes I did just figure it's still useful to get rid of excess stuff as well as having more options for friends to get clovers. I'll let it plod along for the meantime.

There are also certain decorations that are unlocked as you house animals. Not sure how important decorations are to you, but I know some people do love to get access to them all.