Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Night mode in township

Night mode in township

Hello Township owners.. It would be great if our township has variation of day and night.. I really want the owners to make night mode in our town. Please.... ☺😊

Hi Dolphin! I'm afraid day/night mode is already on the list of ideas which can't be implemented. You can see it in full here.

I photoshopped my own version just to see how it would look.

Awesome. It would look awesome.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Nevada; 09-15-2019 at 03:38 PM.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    • Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”So fly away on a bright new morning,
    Spread your wings and soar to the skies,
    Let softest winds take you on your journey,
    And we will know that you are home.”

That is really cool looking! Too bad it's off the table. Can you imagine how great it would be if we could have night time for Halloween, for instance? That would be epic!
    Town: Cedar Spring
    Town Level: 116
    Co-op: Spring's Bounty - International Regatta Community
    Forum Member: December 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada View Post
    Wow Nevada, I never really craved having a night time in my township....until now .

I can understand if visiting each other across our varied time zones makes having regular night-times a can of worms, but we could perhaps have a one-off period of twilight once in a while..? A mammoth undertaking to do, probably, but wouldn't it be fab?

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada View Post

Well done Nevada! It looks awesome indeed!

A night modus works fine in games without the possibility of visiting others.
    The night modus has then the function of making visual that time is passing by.

But the issue with our game is indeed that with having players in so many timezones it is very very though to create a working night modus.
    And good working would mean that sunlight/moonlight is switching off and on jumping from friends town to friends town.
    That is also the reason why we don't have separate seasons in the different parts of the real world.
    Even if you celebrate Christmas under an Palm tree your town will be snowy white till Valentine's update.

A night modus during Halloween would mean 6 or 8 weeks playing in the dark with the possibilities developers have at the moment.
    Change what you can't accept. Accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 115/Android

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    I can understand if visiting each other across our varied time zones makes having regular night-times a can of worms, but we could perhaps have a one-off period of twilight once in a while..? A mammoth undertaking to do, probably, but wouldn't it be fab?
    Yes, yes it would!

That is stunning Nevada. Have to agree with Downton, never knew I wanted a night mode until I saw this.

It could be a really useful way of finding out if a non co-op friend is currently playing.
    If you choose to show online status your town would look normal while your little green light is on but dark when not playing.
    On a related note, it would be useful to have the little green online dots duplicated in regatta stats for tasks like relay, fill crates. The dots on main coop board have become so small I now have to switch specs between the two lists.
    Hope that the powers that be trial it for Halloween. Good job Nevada