Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Night mode in township

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    ...Devs putting a lot of time and effort in implementing our wishes in this game and afterwards that is indeed not always appreciated by everyone.
    So before they start on this one it is good to show the dark side on Night mode I guessed.
    Wouldn't know why I should address you as complainer, Ruud, indeed. I was only replying to Nevada, cos I think her Why-question was serious, and I was describing a scenario often seen before, and not only here.

Yes, there are certainly ppl who would not like this, which way ever it is done. They would post afterwards, as it was with the zoo, cos understandable - why should one post, if everything is OK?

But, more generally speaking, my main thought here is quite practical anyway, that I don't see it as useful (for anyone's time) to discuss exactly the things that the Devs have ruled out. From Day one. Wrote it down and stickied it. How much more emphasis and seriousness can they give to these statements?

Quote Originally Posted by JJay View Post
    Isn't there already some sort of time zone "thingy" in the game? (Sorry, can't think of an appropriate word ). I get the bonus for playing daily and the gift balloon at midnight my time, and that adjusts itself when daylight saving time comes in. Isn't that the same for everyone? Maybe a night mode could be linked to that somehow.
    Good point JJay. This makes me think there would be possible ways around it, as you have highlighted there must be some sort of time/day factor in the game already.

I know it is on the things that won't be implemented list , but Nevada' picture makes the thought of it even more fun and appealing .....and it's not unheard of that these things can happen .
    So that being said, I think you're right Ruud. In the sense that it is worth pointing out the not so good side effects of it.
    Co-op name: War of the Roses / Co-op code:#WRY74Y / Platform: Kindle.
    Town name: Downton / Town Level: 135/ Friend Code: Y7UZA5 Full but happy to keep you on pending list
    New to the game? Check out the New to Township section right here on the forum for useful info & tips, & Township Wiki for even more info .

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    Wouldn't know why I should address you as complainer, Ruud, indeed. I was only replying to Nevada, cos I think her Why-question was serious, and I was describing a scenario often seen before, and not only here.

Yes, there are certainly ppl who would not like this, which way ever it is done. They would post afterwards, as it was with the zoo, cos understandable - why should one post, if everything is OK?

But, more generally speaking, my main thought here is quite practical anyway, that I don't see it as useful (for anyone's time) to discuss exactly the things that the Devs have ruled out. From Day one. Wrote it down and stickied it. How much more emphasis and seriousness can they give to these statements?
    Just saying, I’m not Nevada nor can I speak for her but I imagine this was just a bit of fun for her to play around with editing and displaying something cool she had made. Like other people’s posts here on the forum pertaining to their own personal artwork, stories, or even decorations at home. Wether we (as in all the people that post on this forum with perfectly free will) decide to respond to that post is up to us, if you feel it’s waste of time you certainly don’t have to reply at all.

As for the time zones issues everyone is talking about I agree with that setting night mode to a specified time zone or having it set to all time zones would cause quite the push back. Instead of it being a mandatory setting it could be one of those that is optional turn on/off night mode whenever you want manually or set it to a revolving timer. Of course this is all quite hypothetical but fun nonetheless.
    Town Name: Garden Grove
    Current Level: 77
    Co-op Name: Ilvirmorny
    Zoo level: Love the New Zoo but it changes on the reg.

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia_Gardens View Post
    Just saying, I’m not Nevada nor can I speak for her but I imagine this was just a bit of fun for her to play around with editing and displaying something cool she had made. Like other people’s posts here on the forum pertaining to their own personal artwork, stories, or even decorations at home. Wether we (as in all the people that post on this forum with perfectly free will) decide to respond to that post is up to us, if you feel it’s waste of time you certainly don’t have to reply at all.

As for the time zones issues everyone is talking about I agree with that setting night mode to a specified time zone or having it set to all time zones would cause quite the push back. Instead of it being a mandatory setting it could be one of those that is optional turn on/off night mode whenever you want manually or set it to a revolving timer. Of course this is all quite hypothetical but fun nonetheless.
    I agree Virginia, there are so many different ways this could be implemented into the game. And yes whether it is ruled out of not I have enjoyed discussing the numerous possibilities of this. Nevada's pic was a great way for us to have a little taster of it, and after all, we can dream right?
    Last edited by Downton; 05-20-2019 at 06:06 PM.
    Co-op name: War of the Roses / Co-op code:#WRY74Y / Platform: Kindle.
    Town name: Downton / Town Level: 135/ Friend Code: Y7UZA5 Full but happy to keep you on pending list
    New to the game? Check out the New to Township section right here on the forum for useful info & tips, & Township Wiki for even more info .

After seeing Nevada's picture which is so beautiful I must say I love this idea and although I have not the slightest idea about programming I could imagine that Virginia Garden's great idea of the personal button with timer could be easier to implement, than a general night mode adjusted to the different time zones. But I would need street lights then, otherwise my town would be a little bit dark. And when I read the title of the ruled out thread "Ideas That CANNOT Be Implemented At This Time (Or Ever)" I would say these ideas are not ruled out 100%, but 99%, so there is a little chance that the developers change their minds if we moan loud and often enough. And wasn't the Island tab in the barn originally ruled out?
    Town: Monaco - lvl 94, 44BMN5
    Coop: Monaco Bagage - #MN8GZW
    Android

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia_Gardens View Post
    Just saying, ...
    if you feel it’s waste of time you certainly don’t have to reply at all.
    I know that, thanks. I said why I replied, and I didn't say (IMO) anyone shouldn't, but just added my opinion as well.

Night time mode!

How about a switch that turns our town to night time? Lights on I. Homes and buildings and car headlights. Less people on the streets. A fun night time mode to use when we choose.

Other players have suggested this, sadly Playrix have said they won't be implementing this.

Day to Night

I would just love if there was an evening time night time in the game, so that we could purchase street lights, traffic lights, restaurants that have lights inside etc. We could create Flood lights for the fields etc, apartments with lights.

How about, like some other games do, night mode only during Halloween week? That way we can have a spooOOooooky town...or a town.

(I suggest this idea since the other has been shot down already )
    Co-op Name/Code: Chocolate Warriors / #CHUD39
    Town Name/Code: Whoville / PC7BJG
    Platform: Chrome OS

"If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton