Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Night mode in township

That looks amazing Nevada!
    Town Name: Garden Grove
    Current Level: 77
    Co-op Name: Ilvirmorny
    Co-op Code: #VZK9Q8
    Zoo level: Love the New Zoo but it changes on the reg.

Love the idea! Especially seeing Nevada ‘s stunning town lit up
    Co-op = Land of Dragons. # NEZ8R6
    Town= Meesh

Oh Nevada! Now I want night mode! Beautifully done.
    "If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton

Ohh..can you provide just a switch to day -night in everybody's own game settings? I hope this is possible. 🤗

Waow... Neveda.. It's beautiful.. I wanting it more now😁😁

Whenever night mode gets brought up, people always bring up timezones.

Why?

I don’t think night mode would be set to timezones, if it were ever considered?

In another city build simulator I played before TS they had night mode. There were several city nights in one real life day, it just faded in and out for a few minutes every so often.

I still don’t suppose we’ll ever see it, but, that’s a potentially easier way of doing it than trying to set it to each town’s timezone...(?)
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”I can hear you; but I won't.
    Some look for trouble while others don't.
    There's a thousand reasons I should go about my day,
    And ignore your whispers which I wish would go away, oh”

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada View Post

Why?
    For example, because ppl tend to request it - it should be realistic, and accord. to their timezone, and not only for a few minutes, which everyone who's asleep then, misses, and prolly some more, which we can't think of now before the fact. These come afterwards then, as we have seen with the latest changes (which were also done "cos players wished for "them"").
    Here, I would assume heavy technical reasons, maybe even storage by multiplying every single item x xx, and not only that the Devs are too lazy or don't like us.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    ... the Devs are too lazy or don't like us.
    Baha! You know they work only for stale breadcrumbs and lukewarm water, and never see daylight themselves, right? Lolol

Why?
    I don’t think night mode would be set to timezones, if it were ever considered?
    Night mode gives definitely a big romantic atmosphere to our town. For that I am on the same page with all of you.
    I am bringing up time zones simply because of being aware of the international part of this game.
    And it doesn't hurt anyone to sit on Dev's chair to watch the (un-)possibilities developing a game
    Well, imagine that, if night mode was possible, this mode was implemented for a duration of 8 hours per day to be realistic and there where no time zones.
    Then, like DD mentioned, people could complain because they missed it.
    And other ones will complain because they are forever staring at a dark screen during their playing period if that 8 hours are always at the same time.
    A lot of Houses, Decorations and CB's have light bulbs. And for Factories Devs will find a way to let them be recognized in the dark.
    Maybe put some light in the marks on the roofs. I am working in shifts so that won't be a problem for me.

But big issue rises during night mode, and I don't think I can the only one on this, when working on your farm.
    Your animals need to rest in night mode so don't disturb the Chickens to take the Eggs away and so on.
    And then harvest in the dark the right crops especially with an almost full Barn.
    Installing stadium lamps is not a solution, the environmentalists among us will complain about it.
    And deciding to make the crop luminous, so genetically modified ...

In another city build simulator I played before TS they had night mode. There were several city nights in one real life day, it just faded in and out for a few minutes every so often.
    I still don’t suppose we’ll ever see it, but, that’s a potentially easier way of doing it than trying to set it to each town’s timezone...(?)
    I played that game for a while too but that night mode made it stressful to play. Don't know why but it did.
    So if it is the way this night mode would be implemented I am off, how much I love this game, but I'll be leaving it!

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    For example, because ppl tend to request it - it should be realistic, and accord. to their timezone, and not only for a few minutes, which everyone who's asleep then, misses, and prolly some more, which we can't think of now before the fact. These come afterwards then, as we have seen with the latest changes (which were also done "cos players wished for "them"").
    Here, I would assume heavy technical reasons, maybe even storage by multiplying every single item x xx, and not only that the Devs are too lazy or don't like us.
    I don't see myself as a complainer (and I know you don't see me that way either) but I am imagining what impact this will bring on people who are not so amused by it.
    Devs putting a lot of time and effort in implementing our wishes in this game and afterwards that is indeed not always appreciated by everyone.
    So before they start on this one it is good to show the dark side on Night mode I guessed.
    Last edited by Rocky_Ruud; 05-20-2019 at 10:14 AM.
    Change what you can't accept, accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 119/Android

Isn't there already some sort of time zone "thingy" in the game? (Sorry, can't think of an appropriate word ). I get the bonus for playing daily and the gift balloon at midnight my time, and that adjusts itself when daylight saving time comes in. Isn't that the same for everyone? Maybe a night mode could be linked to that somehow.