Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Graphic arts other then Paintings

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    then welcome home, Lightbox
    now let's start an explanation for inartistic babies, ok - and non-English ones at that.
    Asset is a "useful or valuable thing, person, or quality" - can you pls give an example or two for "for whatever reason needed"? Is it like...hm, advertizing these 2 - or...?
    Thanks_DD_ happy to be home for the short time...... so well, so I don't get in trouble with forums rules naming another game lol . We will say it can be used in one of those find an certain item in a game. You know, where there is a room piled up with objects and it's timed event to locate all of them in the room. That's the easiest way to explain it but there are so many uses for them. I have many items but just grabbed a few for examples. I also just started playing a lot with polymer clays.
    Kindle Fire only

Official township people watcher
    Downloaded March 8, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan View Post
    ...However, It took me over 10 years to draw a somewhat decent picture(so theres still hope, Twilight)...and now I'm painting.
    You're also obviously a patient person. In any case, thanks for the nice idea of giving encouragement.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightbox View Post
    Thanks_DD_ happy to be home for the short time...... so well, so I don't get in trouble with forums rules naming another game lol . We will say it can be used in one of those find an certain item in a game. You know, where there is a room piled up with objects and it's timed event to locate all of them in the room. That's the easiest way to explain it but there are so many uses for them. I have many items but just grabbed a few for examples. I also just started playing a lot with polymer clays.
    You're a traveller...?

I think the forum rules don't allow naming other games. If you mention a genre, like Hidden Objects game, it can't hurt per se (unless you go on a campaign against M3 or so). It was an excellent explanation, in any case
    So, you draw items that can be (somehow inserted and then) found in games?
    or elsewhere - in a catalog maybe?
    What is a possible reason for doing this?

and WHAT are polymer clays?! lol
    I find "Kinderknete" (for children) at a big online store, like this:

Are you planning to do such little figures (townies! lol)?
    Is that your hobby, or are you playing as "work"?

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan View Post
    I thoght the same thing when I posted that, thogh I hoped someone else could see the light. :-)

I immediately thoght back to when I boght my house, I found out decorating was not one of my stronger talents (in fact, it's not even a telent of mine at all). However, It took me over 10 years to draw a somewhat decent picture(so theres still hope, Twilight)...and now I'm painting.
    Hee-hee-hee...had to be a little onery with you...

I love art! Oil painting with a palette knife is my favorite. Landscapes tend to be my stronger suit...people...definitely not. Back in the day I did win an award for an ink piece and had a oil painting stolen...so a little hope of talent in there somwhere...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by JayS View Post
    Don't worry Twilight, I can't draw a straight line either, despite numerous artists in the gene pool. Mr Ross was selling his art courses very effectively, but with what some might call artistic licence
    My mother and grandmother have the artistic talent...kinda skipped me and went to my kids...lol

on Bob: But of course...lol. Fun Fact: Did you know Bob learned a lot of his style of art from German painter Wilhelm "Bill" Alexander?
    Last edited by Twilight Bookworm; 06-21-2019 at 02:30 PM.
    "If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton

You're also obviously a patient person.
    Well, I started drawing when I was 9 and then everytime I would try to give it up, my art class at school would then have some drawing thing going on. I tried to opt out of art, but it was required. But now I'm glad I kept on with art.

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Bookworm View Post
    Hee-hee-hee...had to be a little onery with you...

I love art! Oil painting with a palette knife is my favorite. Landscapes tend to be my stronger suit...people...definitely not. Back in the day I did win an award for an ink piece and had a oil painting stolen...so a little hope of talent in there somwhere...lol.

My mother and grandmother have the artistic talent...kinda skipped me and went to my kids...lol

on Bob: But of course...lol. Fun Fact: Did you know Bob learned a lot of his style of art from German painter Wilhelm "Bill" Alexander?
    Landscapes are my strongsuit as you could tell from the My Painting thread. When I draw or paint people, no matter how hard I try, they look awful. But I could paint a good snowman, because all of the noses in my painting look like carrots. I wonder if I will be able to do people at the 20 or 30 year points? Who knows?

Theres definitely talent in there somewhere! If you're like me you'll get there in six years!

And yes I did know Bob Ross learned from German painter Bill Alexander. I actully read that not to long ago. But his never knew his name was Wilhelm. :-)
    Ethan | Township Wiki | Homescapes Wiki
    Town Name: Starville | Co-op: T Rose (#RDWF68)
    Homescapes: Level: 122 | Team: The Best Team

Back in the day I did win an award for an ink piece and had a oil painting stolen...
    so...and where are our pictures of this or these?!

so...and where are our pictures of this or these?!

Oh gosh...long gone.

My ink art was huge and over time was damaged. It was a mother swan with her cygnets (swan babies). The one that was stolen was a sunset on the beach in orange, yellow and brown tones with palm tree silhouettes.

I'll have to dig and see if I have my pictures of them.
    "If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton

I'll have to dig and see if I have my pictures of them.
    Yes, please!

My ink art was huge and over time was damaged. It was a mother swan with her cygnets (swan babies). The one that was stolen was a sunset on the beach in orange, yellow and brown tones with palm tree silhouettes.
    Oh, that's a pity actually. By your description it looked awesome