Thread: Task Dumping by Co-op Level

Task Dumping by Co-op Level

For leaders it would be great if only certain members (co-leader level for example) could dump unstarted tasks. We have a certain way of doing it and it’s assigned to specific members but new members don’t always know the rules (a whole other issue for leaders!). It would be nice to be able to assign this action instead of have it available to everyone.
    Last edited by Tracey Miles; 05-12-2019 at 04:06 AM.

Members cannot dump tasks from the board, Tracey - only Elders and above can do so.
    IMPORTANT:
    As Township Moderators, we maintain the forum according to its rules. We are not Playrix Staff
    - How to contact Township Support
    - Co-op Ads thread, co-ops seeking new members may advertise their team here.
    - Player Ads thread, individuals seeking a co-op may advertise themselves here.

Where did you get that information?

that doesn’t change the request as elder is still not high enough level for that
    Last edited by Tracey Miles; 05-12-2019 at 04:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracey Miles View Post
    For leaders it would be great if only certain members (co-leader level for example) could dump unstarted tasks. We have a certain way of doing it and it’s assigned to specific members but new members don’t always know the rules (a whole other issue for leaders!). It would be nice to be able to assign this action instead of have it available to everyone.
    Trying to understand here...Your Title Says, "Task Dumping By Co-op Level".

Are you wanting the ability of dumping tasks changed to a team's overall level? - If so...there is no way that can be done, as a co-op is made up of individuals.

- Are you wanting to see dumping by a player's level? - If so, that can't be done either as players level up.

- Are you wanting to see dumping by a player's membership level into the co-op? - If so, this is already in place. (as mentoned by Bessville)

Screenshot_2019-05-14-11-52-14.jpg
    https://township.fandom.com/wiki/Regatta

As a leader, if you don't want anyone dumping tasks then the solution is simple - keep players at member status and do not promote beyond that.

As far as "assigning" certain players the duty of task dumping...that is a rule that you have set up. Clearly state that to your new members. Then there is no need to promote beyond member level.
    Last edited by Twilight Bookworm; 05-17-2019 at 01:33 PM.
    Co-op Name/Code: Chocolate Warriors / #CHUD39
    Town Name/Code: Whoville / PC7BJG
    Platform: Chrome OS
    Facebook Group: Chocolate Warriors - Township

"If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton

Not sure why my post calls for two such snarky responses.

It says “it would be great if only certain members (co-leader level for example) could dump unstarted tasks.“ Is this unclear for some reason? I want to assign task dumping to co-leader level members in the co-op.

Elder level is too abundant. She still hasn’t told me where she’s getting that information about only elders being able to dump unstarted tasks. I can’t read that picture posted as it’s blurred

Not sure why my post calls for two such snarky responses.

It says “it would be great if only certain members (co-leader level for example) could dump unstarted tasks.“ Is this unclear for some reason? I want to assign task dumping to co-leader level members in the co-op.

Elder level is too abundant. She still hasn’t told me where she’s getting that information about only elders being able to dump unstarted tasks. I can’t read that picture posted as it’s blurred
    When you select the status of your member it will show exactly what each status can and/or cannot do.
    Co-op name: Margaritaville!
    Town name: Jan's Village

Tracey, the screenshot Twilight Bookworm posted is from the Township Wiki. It basically confirms what I think you already know, elders and above can dump tasks.

Guessing the only way your request could be accomadated is if dumping worked the same way as reservations and the co-op leader could choose which levels can dump tasks and which can't. Would that solve your issue?

Not sure why my post calls for two such snarky responses...
    I can't really tell who you're addressing if you don't use their name or the 'reply with quote' function, Tracey. Anyway, I replied as I did because you said the action to dump was "available to everyone" and it isn't. So I gave you the information.

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    Members cannot dump tasks from the board, Tracey - only Elders and above can do so.
    That wasn't meant to be snarky at all, just helpful - I can't know what somebody already knows and what they don't, after all, and you did say "member".

You're welcome (ok, that's maybe a little snarky.. but only in gentle jest at a mutual misunderstanding ).
    IMPORTANT:
    As Township Moderators, we maintain the forum according to its rules. We are not Playrix Staff
    - How to contact Township Support
    - Co-op Ads thread, co-ops seeking new members may advertise their team here.
    - Player Ads thread, individuals seeking a co-op may advertise themselves here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    I can't really tell who you're addressing if you don't use their name or the 'reply with quote' function, Tracey. Anyway, I replied as I did because you said the action to dump was "available to everyone" and it isn't. So I gave you the information.

That wasn't meant to be snarky at all, just helpful - I can't know what somebody already knows and what they don't, after all, and you did say "member".

You're welcome (ok, that's maybe a little snarky.. but only in gentle jest at a mutual misunderstanding ).

I am in agreement with Bessville. Noone was being "snarky". We were simply trying to understand and answer your question with the only available facts on hand.

She still hasn’t told me where she’s getting that information about only elders being able to dump unstarted tasks. I can’t read that picture posted as it’s blurred
    I apologize that it was blurry for you. If you couldn't read it...did you try to click the link to take you to the very page that information was found? The Wiki page is a great source of information.
    Last edited by Twilight Bookworm; 05-15-2019 at 04:08 PM.
    Co-op Name/Code: Chocolate Warriors / #CHUD39
    Town Name/Code: Whoville / PC7BJG
    Platform: Chrome OS
    Facebook Group: Chocolate Warriors - Township

"If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton

There is only one way for no-ranking members seem like they are dumping is that they are actually accepting the task then forfeiting that turn. What I mean is that they accept the task as if they will do that task and then they put it in the red trash can. So that they give up on, instead of completing, that task. This takes up a turn. Since we get a limited number of turns, this is not dumping it is giving up a turn. By turn I mean task, just using that word to be a little clearer. It can be confusing to new regatta players so as coop leader you need to explain it to them.

An Elder or above can put a task in a blue trash can without accepting it as a turn first. This is dumping.
    Bottom line: Using the blue trash can is dumping. Red trash can is giving up your turn.
    Last edited by 505SunDog; 05-15-2019 at 06:46 PM.
    MacBook with MacOS Mojave
    Township Love & Peace
    Level 114