Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Restricting Players from Regattas

Restricting Players from Regattas

This is my 1stX using a forum. I curious about regattas and restricting coop members. Though I have 9 mbrs only 4 or 5 ACTIVELY play. If I restrict inactive players from regatta will it help my coop go up against a more equal coop? IE: if I have 10 coop mbrs, but only 4 active mbrs, it doesn't seem fair they go up against another coop with 10 active players. We don't want to kick coop mbrs and we don't care about sharing gifts. We do care about working hard, even buying extra tasks and placing last bc not all our coop plays....

Hi Puffington, and welcome to the forum!

Yes, that's precisely what the Restrict function is for. In seasonal races, coops are matched against other teams with the same number of members opted into racing. Restriction allows you to opt out any who won't be participating, but haven't done so themselves. I'd question why you would keep players who haven't opted out for themselves, but that's obviously up to you ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Regarding using the forum generally, if you try the search function before posting you'll often find the info you're after has already been covered and so is available to you without waiting for replies. In this case, a search using the word 'restrict' would've shown you this thread, where you can read much more on the subject.

I've been forced to use this function recently. It's convenient when you have longtime members that have taken breaks from the game for personal reasons but intend to come back. Sometimes, they just forget to opt out on their own. I also use it for members that are real life friends and therefore people I don't want to kick out.
    Town: Cedar Spring
    Town Level: 115
    Wildscapes Level: 546 (Max Level)
    Wildscapes Areas Finished: Asian Jungle, African Savannah & Arctic Tundra
    Forum Member: December 2015

HELP. A co-leader in my co op has accidentally restricted another co-leader, who had done 12 tasks. I think I accept that as leader I cannot override this and she will not be able to race anymore this week. Not having had this happen before, I assume she will be able to race next week but how do we get the restriction off. There is no button to do this showing under status in co-op. Comments would be appreciated please.

Quote Originally Posted by boudica View Post
    HELP. A co-leader in my co op has accidentally restricted another co-leader, who had done 12 tasks. I think I accept that as leader I cannot override this and she will not be able to race anymore this week. Not having had this happen before, I assume she will be able to race next week but how do we get the restriction off. There is no button to do this showing under status in co-op. Comments would be appreciated please.
    Hi,

You are right, the restricted player can't race this week anymore, but they can do so next week. As a leader you can't override the restriction, the player must do so themselves from the game's settings - tick the Participate in Regatta box > Ok.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township, Gardenscapes and Homescapes moderator, I only have power to maintain the forums.
    Township Support | Gardenscapes Support | Homescapes Support
    FORUM RULES

Thanks Dreadnought

How can you unrestricted a player? I have tried but it doesn’t give me the option. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ginville View Post
    How can you unrestricted a player? I have tried but it doesn’t give me the option. Thanks
    Hi Ginville (great name ) welcome to the forum. You can't unrestrict a player, they have to opt themselves back into the regatta in their settings. The restriction won't be lifted until the next racing week.

ETA Also see dreadnoughts answer to another player above explaining this .

This sounds like players who are marked as racing but do not perform tasks in chests impacts the co-ops score. I was told that it did not hurt our score in the relay race if some “racing-marked” players did not do tasks. Is that true?
    Township: Georgetown
    Level: 141
    IOS: iPad Air 2

When a racer doesn't get in on the relay, it does cost the coop 10 points from what you might have earned. The last player on the relay would earn 145 points for the coop. The highest the player could get for a solo task is 135 points. In most races those extra 10 points are not going to affect your final placement unless you were going for top 3, which may be why someone said it didn't matter.

Also we have found that having a smaller number of racers (like 3-5) means the group will be way more competitive from top to bottom than the groupings with larger numbers of racers like 10 or more. With fewer racers, a lot of teams will do only 135 point tasks. As the number of racers gets bigger, we found some teams still do that but there is a much wider spread from top teams to the middle of the pack . Many teams don't limit racers to 135 tasks and many don't buy the extra task in these larger groups. That's when an extra 10 points is really not going to matter much.
    Last edited by Mayfield; 08-23-2019 at 03:50 AM.