Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Everybody opted in to racing

Quote Originally Posted by Village of Adelyn View Post
    My co-leader went on vacation after the first leg of the regatta, so she set her status to not racing while she was gone. She returned today and tried to opt back in but said she's not allowed to change the status to racing....anyone know why she wouldn't be able to change her status? does she have to do it on the day the race is not occurring?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bethany Clarke View Post
    Yes, racing status has to be changed on the Monday that there's no Regatta each week.
    That's new to me. Or I am misunderstanding something. So far, the change in status didn't *show* for all until Monday after the current race, but it was possible for *next* race anytime, as expected by this player. Ingame help doesn't mention Mondays-only either, except maybe when having been restricted. But a not-allowed-message? since when, why?

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    That's new to me. Or I am misunderstanding something. So far, the change in status didn't *show* for all until Monday after the current race, but it was possible for *next* race anytime, as expected by this player. Ingame help doesn't mention Mondays-only either, except maybe when having been restricted. But a not-allowed-message? since when, why?
    Hi, DD,
    I suppose Bethany meant one had to opt in, before regatta started (hence „on monday“, because the start is tuesday).

Literally you‘re right: one can opt in any day, but it counts only for the next, not yet begun regatta.
    ———————-
    Town: Mieszkaniowo, JMU4F4, level 77, playing on ios
    Coop: Hardworking riders, #HRKCZ3
    playing since august 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Zimbelstern View Post
    Hi, DD,
    I suppose Bethany meant one had to opt in, before regatta started (hence „on monday“, because the start is tuesday).

Literally you‘re right: one can opt in any day, but it counts only for the next, not yet begun regatta.
    Oh, yes. Exactly! Thank you for clarifying.
    Town: Cedar Spring
    Town Level: 113
    City Building Project: Animal Hospital
    Zoo Level: 37
    New Attraction: Visit the Tapirs in our Water World exhibit!
    Co-op: Spring's Bounty #SPRUXS (We are recruiting)
    Playrix Forum Member Since: Dec 2015 & 1,500+ posts

well, the question, not posted on a Monday, was

She returned today and tried to opt back in but said she's not allowed to change the status to racing....anyone know why she wouldn't be able to change her status?
    still a mystery then..?

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    well, the question, not posted on a Monday, was

still a mystery then..?
    If I follow this correctly, it is possible that she received a message saying that the change wouldn't take effect until the next race. She may have relayed that to her team mates as "not allowed to change". Frankly, none of us have seen the actual message saying "not allowed" and all we have is a person saying what some other person told them. Hardly enough to say Playrix changed the rules about when you can change your status.

Without a screenshot of the message, or receiving it myself, I'm going to believe it's just a colloquial representation of the message, "I'm not allowed to race this week", which would be true if they tried to change their status after a race had started.

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    Without a screenshot of the message, or receiving it myself, I'm going to believe it's just a colloquial representation of the message, "I'm not allowed to race this week", which would be true if they tried to change their status after a race had started.
    Yeah, I too think she tried to opt into a race that was underway and was simply surprised to find she couldn't.

I'm opted out this week, and was perfectly able to change my setting back to racing mid-race without getting a message of any kind. I don't have the little ship's wheel showing against my name in the coop building, of course, but when I re-enter my settings I can see that the change definitely 'took'.
    IMPORTANT:
    As Township Moderators, we maintain the forum according to its rules. We are not Playrix Staff
    - How to contact Township Support
    - Co-op Ads thread, co-ops seeking new members may advertise their team here.
    - Player Ads thread, individuals seeking a co-op may advertise themselves here.

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    ...Frankly, none of us have seen the actual message saying "not allowed" and all we have is a person saying what some other person told them. ...
    Yes, I also expected the OP following up on this (hence the questions about the message). Maybe when they're back next time.