Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 37

Thread: Everybody opted in to racing

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashdust View Post
    You are sort of missing my point Bethany, while agreeing with it at the same time.

    All I am saying is if you choose to skip this week it isn't taken into account when setting the co-op goals. You can't opt out. You still get co-op rewards and so as a team player I feel obligated to help as much as I can so my co-op can reach those rewards.

    If I was allowed to opt out, easy enough for Playrix to arrange surely, then I really could take a week off.

    So I was asking Anna as a representative of Playrix what the thinking is behind forcing us to be opted in or racing, or whatever people want to call it, in interseasonal week.
    It's only the first goal that is affected by those who raced previously. Therefore, you could look at it from the other way, in that by helping out, even though you don't want to, you are actually increasing the end goal. Nothing you, or your teammates do, affects the fact that everyone is awarded the co-op goals. So rather than feeling guilty, take some comfort in future from knowing that by not joining in, you're actually making it easier for those who do take part. The fewer the number of people working on the first few goals at the start, the lower the end goal is.
    Last edited by Pink; 05-13-2019 at 12:25 PM.
    Forever living in hope lol

    Forum member since June 2015 - Fed up with the Regatta 'rewards'!!

    Level 153 - Android Friend code RNDXDC. I'm full but happy to stay on your pending tabs.

    Imp: - Level 135 - Android 4CP9XT

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Pink View Post
    It's only the first goal that is affected by those who raced previously. Therefore, you could look at it from the other way, in that by helping out, even though you don't want to, you are actually increasing the end goal. Nothing you, or your teammates do, affects the fact that everyone is awarded the co-op goals. So rather than feeling guilty, take some comfort in future from knowing that by not joining in, you're actually making it easier for those who do take part. The fewer the number of people working on the first few goals at the start, the lower the end goal is.
    That's interesting Pink. Are you saying that in a large team, if most people decide to opt out or go elsewhere during interseasonal, the co-op goals for those who take part are lower than what they would have been? I always thought that they could increase if more players joined in but not decrease if others didn't take part. Do you have any examples of what the goals become? I'm really curious about how they work it out. Thanks

  3. #23
    JJay, the first goal is definitely based on average co-op size and participation through the previous season, Playrix customer support have confirmed this. So if half your team leave to hop or just want a week off it will definitely make it harder for those left participating.

    After that I don't think anyone knows for sure. I have heard various anecdotal theories, but nothing conclusive with stats. If you have some figures Pink it would be really helpful. Thank you.

    None of this disputes my original claim though, we can opt out of seasonal regattas, why can't we just opt out of Interseasonal?

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashdust View Post
    JJay, the first goal is definitely based on average co-op size and participation through the previous season, Playrix customer support have confirmed this. So if half your team leave to hop or just want a week off it will definitely make it harder for those left participating.

    After that I don't think anyone knows for sure. I have heard various anecdotal theories, but nothing conclusive with stats. If you have some figures Pink it would be really helpful. Thank you.

    None of this disputes my original claim though, we can opt out of seasonal regattas, why can't we just opt out of Interseasonal?
    I only have experience of co-ops that had one or two people racing in the last week of the previous seasonal regatta, and the co-op goals seem to be worked out like this: for a one person co-op the first goal is 2 tasks, for a two person co-op it's 3 (I don't know how they decide the first goal because for larger co-ops it seems to vary). It doesn't matter how many people are in the co-op when the interseasonal regatta starts, there could be 30, but if that co-op had one person the previous regatta the first goal will still be 2.

    The second goal is 2 times the number of players who take a task before the second goal is reached, so in a co-op with one person in the previous regatta and only one person doing tasks it's 2 x 1 = 2 + 2 = 4. For a two person co-op it's 2 x 2 + 3 = 7. The third goal adds 3 times the number of participants, so 3 x 1 + 4 = 7 for a one person co-op, 3 x 2 + 7 = 13 for a 2 person co-op.

    The 4th goal adds 4 times the number of active players - 4 x 1 + 7 = 11 for a co-op of one, 4 x 2 + 13 = 21 for a co-op of 2. And the 5th goal adds 6 times the number of players - 6 x 1 + 11 = 17 for one person, or 6 x 2 + 21 = 33 for two. If other players take a task the goals adjust accordingly. It's often seen in hopping if a guest accidentally takes a task before the host completes the fourth goal, the system considers it to then become a 2 person co-op and the fifth goal becomes 6 x 2 + 11 = 23.

    That's all pretty straightforward (though not so easy to put into writing ) but with larger co-ops it gets more complicated because people opt in or out, participate or don't participate, leave or join, so it's much harder to fit into a pattern. I do know that in a co-op of 2 in the last week of the previous seasonal regatta, even if one person leaves before interseasonal starts, the first two goals remain 3 and 7, but that's where my personal experience ends. So I'd be really interested to hear what happens to the goals in a large co-op if half the people leave or just choose not to participate.

    But I totally agree with you that "opting out" of interseasonal puts your team at a disadvantage , whereas in a normal regatta, as long as you change your settings, it doesn't make any difference.

  5. #25
    That is really helpful, thanks JJay. Never having hopped really I have less experience with it.

    So for our co-op this week we had 11 members, at least 2 were set to not racing maybe more. Last week we had 16 members with either 12 or 13 racing I think. Not sure of all our co-op goals this week but our final one was 198, which seems a little high however you look at it.

    Going from your experience of small co-ops, if you start with 2 racers your first goal will be 3, if only 1 player does all 3 tasks do you know what the second goal is? Would it be 5 or 7?

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashdust View Post
    That is really helpful, thanks JJay. Never having hopped really I have less experience with it.

    So for our co-op this week we had 11 members, at least 2 were set to not racing maybe more. Last week we had 16 members with either 12 or 13 racing I think. Not sure of all our co-op goals this week but our final one was 198, which seems a little high however you look at it.

    Going from your experience of small co-ops, if you start with 2 racers your first goal will be 3, if only 1 player does all 3 tasks do you know what the second goal is? Would it be 5 or 7?
    Ok, let me try and work this out. Hopefully I won't start to talk total rubbish lol

    First of all, when I was in a co-op of two, both of us raced the previous week and our first goal was 3. I did all 3 tasks by myself and the next goal was 7, so it still considered us to be 2 racers, it didn't decrease. I don't know what the next goals would have been because at that stage we abandoned.

    On the other hand in a co-op which had one person the previous week and had other players join during interseasonal but not do tasks, the goals remained 2,4,7 etc, so it was still considered to be a one-person team. I'm pretty sure that the number of (active) players in the co-op the week before determines the goals rather than how many are actually in the co-op during interseasonal, as long as the number of players doing tasks doesn't exceed the total number of people who were racing the previous week.

    With your team last week it's difficult to work out what happened without knowing all the co-op goals, how many people were opted in to racing the previous week, and exactly how many people took tasks and at what stage during interseasonal. (You don't happen to remember what your first goal was do you?)

    But from what you said using my guess of how it's worked out, it would kind of fit if you had twelve active (opted in) racers the week before and your first goal was around 20. That would make the second one 2 x 12 + 20 = 44, the 3rd - 3 x 12 + 44 = 80, the 4th - 4x 12 + 80 = 128, and the 5th - 6 x 12 + 128 = 200.

    That would mean that they only took into account the number of players racing the previous week and that it didn't change if fewer people took part in interseasonal, only if more people took tasks. Of course I could be way off the mark - I don't have any evidence, but it would be interesting to hear other people's experiences.

  7. #27
    Thanks JJay, exactly what I was trying to get to.

  8. #28
    The only reasoning that makes any kind of sense to me is that since the inter-seasonal Regatta doesn't count toward the competition, Playrix saw no need to include opting out for it. Of course, it would be interesting to hear from a Playrix developer on this subject.
    Town: Cedar Spring
    Town Level: 113
    City Building Project: Animal Hospital
    Zoo Level: 37
    New Attraction: Visit the Tapirs in our Water World exhibit!
    Co-op: Spring's Bounty #SPRUXS (We are recruiting)
    Playrix Forum Member Since: Dec 2015 & 1,500+ posts

  9. #29
    My co-leader went on vacation after the first leg of the regatta, so she set her status to not racing while she was gone. She returned today and tried to opt back in but said she's not allowed to change the status to racing....anyone know why she wouldn't be able to change her status? does she have to do it on the day the race is not occurring?

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Village of Adelyn View Post
    My co-leader went on vacation after the first leg of the regatta, so she set her status to not racing while she was gone. She returned today and tried to opt back in but said she's not allowed to change the status to racing....anyone know why she wouldn't be able to change her status? does she have to do it on the day the race is not occurring?
    Yes, racing status has to be changed on the Monday that there's no Regatta each week.
    Town: Cedar Spring
    Town Level: 113
    City Building Project: Animal Hospital
    Zoo Level: 37
    New Attraction: Visit the Tapirs in our Water World exhibit!
    Co-op: Spring's Bounty #SPRUXS (We are recruiting)
    Playrix Forum Member Since: Dec 2015 & 1,500+ posts

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •