Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Everybody opted in to racing

Thanks for the link, Twilight, but that post doesn't explain (cannot mention at that time) who has changed the settings why -- the Devs, probably, but is it intentional? if so, I still say, this display was their easy way out, instead of getting a solution for that programming hole (the 3rd status) - until I'd get a good reason for fiddling unnecessarily (!) with our settings.
    And how do they ensure it is properly changed back, and in time, in case someone wants to change it...

and thanks also, Charlie - that's a good summary, just to this

but can't get all of the people informed.
    I can only say: They didn't even try. Again. - I think also your remark about the 3 words/status is correct, again, as with dumping/cancelling/etc. Had they tried anything in communication and explanation, I would have tried to follow and understand. But this, and after a week lately of trying to find out what happened why to our silent little Coop member...
    I notice I better don't try to describe my mood now. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashdust View Post
    Would be even nicer if we could opt out of Interseasonal week altogether. Right now if I want the week off I feel guilty about the extra work this puts on the rest of my co-op. (Not that they would make me feel bad. They are too good for that... )
    But you can "opt-out" of interseasonal week by just not taking any tasks. Not taking any tasks has zero effect on the team as a whole.

The way I understand it, only the 1st "team goal" is set by the number of people in the co-op (using some odd formula that is yet not understood). The 2nd goal is determined after the 1st goal is reached and the number of people who've taken a task during the 1st goal is used. Subsequently the 3rd goal uses the number of people who've taken tasks so far in the week. And so on.

Now it is true that if a person doesn't take any tasks not only will they not earn any individual chests but will also not help others get their chests so it might take an extra task or two for me to earn a chest but that's not a major impact on the team.

So as far as I can tell, there's no overriding pressure to do anything during the interseasonal week, it is meant to be a relaxing week anyway.

We've had someone previously have a heart attack because of being shown as racing when they were opted out. She then felt guilty so took one task until we reassured her that it didn't matter. I posted this here at the time, and asked that the devs use a completely different term than 'racing' as we aren't racing.

This racing status is also confusing because, being 'opted out' can be overridden by the system, as I found to my co-op's cost, when my baby town was somehow entered into a seasonal race whilst 'opted out'.

It turns out that this is a known bug on facebook (I've not seen it raised here) and can happen when a town leaves and returns to a co-op, even if the settings remain 'opted out'. My baby town has always been 'opted out' since joining a co-op and is purely used as an anchor so the 2 other members can leave during interseasonal.

I used my baby town to go walkabout during a racing week and the following week found it had been entered into a race, so we got demoted.

Surely it would be far easier for the devs to leave our settings alone, and instead use the chat system to announce that during the interseasonal, everyone can choose to take part, or not.
    Forever living in hope lol

Forum member since June 2015 -
    Little Wonders #UPN7VG ~ now recruiting ~ Level 80
    Level 155 - Android Friend code RNDXDC. I'm full but happy to stay on your pending tabs.

Imp: - Level 137 - Android 4CP9XT

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    In the past, the "Co-op building member list" accurately reflected the "racing" status from each player's settings. However, during the Interseasonal Regatta, *everybody* can participate regardless of their opt-in/out status for the regular (seasonal) regatta. Some people were very confused when they saw their status as "not racing" in the co-op building yet were told that everybody could take tasks, some didn't even try to take tasks since the co-op told them they were "not racing". Now it's flipped, during interseasonal *everybody* is shown in the co-op building as "racing" because they can take tasks and their seasonal status remained unchanged in their individual settings.
    Personally, I think it's because they've chosen 2 values (racing / not racing) to represent 3 states (racing / not racing / interseasonal participant) in the co-op window. A better solution would be to come up with a 3rd word to be used only during the interseasonal week to say "All Sailing" so some such "non-racing" term.
    Hey, folks!

Thanks for bringing this up. I'm quoting Charlie here 'cause he's absolutely correct (thanks, Charlie!) — all Co-op members can take part in Interseasonal races regardless of the settings for Seasonal Regattas. Therefore the racing status is shown as active in the Co-op Center while Interseasonal race is live. Please rest assured that players' actual statuses for Seasonal Regattas aren't affected by this feature — it's purely visual. Which is why there was no official announcement about it since nothing actually changed.

And thank you for the wording suggestion – I'll pass it on to our devs, they'll definitely give it a thought

Regards,
    Anna

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Petrova View Post
    ...Please rest assured that players' actual statuses for Seasonal Regattas aren't affected by this feature — it's purely visual. Which is why there was no official announcement about it since nothing actually changed. ...
    Thanks for your explanations, Anna!

Anna, thanks for clarifying this.

Just wondering is there a reason we can't opt out of Interseasonal week?

It is just if we could "opt out" and have that taken into account when co-op goals were being set it would prevent those of us who want to take the week off feeling guilty as we are leaving our co-op members with more tasks and of course it would make it easier for those wanting to do the tasks to hit the goals.

This is supposed to be a rest week after all, but I find it more stressful than any normal regatta week.

I usually skip the inter-seasonal regatta or do only 1 or 2 quests. I need a break from the grind and the inter-seasonal regatta is really my only chance to get one. I wish the regatta had a built-in week where nothing happened, but this just isn't going to be the case.
    Town: Cedar Spring
    Town Level: 116
    Co-op: Spring's Bounty - International Regatta Community
    Forum Member: December 2015

You are sort of missing my point Bethany, while agreeing with it at the same time.

All I am saying is if you choose to skip this week it isn't taken into account when setting the co-op goals. You can't opt out. You still get co-op rewards and so as a team player I feel obligated to help as much as I can so my co-op can reach those rewards.

If I was allowed to opt out, easy enough for Playrix to arrange surely, then I really could take a week off.

So I was asking Anna as a representative of Playrix what the thinking is behind forcing us to be opted in or racing, or whatever people want to call it, in interseasonal week.

Quote Originally Posted by Bethany Clarke View Post
    I usually skip the inter-seasonal regatta or do only 1 or 2 quests. I need a break from the grind and the inter-seasonal regatta is really my only chance to get one. I wish the regatta had a built-in week where nothing happened, but this just isn't going to be the case.
    I skip the inter-seasonal as well. Also agree I would really like a week where just nothing happened in the regatta, but you're right this won't happen. I imagine they would get an influx of complaints if it did & probably not cost effective for Playrix either.

Although Playrix say that interseasonal week is the time that players can take a break from the regatta and have a relaxing week, it seems to me that the opposite is more the case. Unless you're in a solo co-op you can opt out of racing any time during a seasonal regatta without affecting your team, whereas in interseasonal, as Ashdust says, if you choose not to take part, you leave your team with more tasks to do. If half the team decide to have a week off the other half are left with an enormous amount of work. No wonder so many players choose to hop