Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 06.05 The Jungle Quest Event: How to Play

What are the mosquito nets and booster drinks for plz?

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetness123 View Post
    Downton, I agree totally. I have two and will at least get two more LOL. They are small and fit nicely anywhere. I don't do too well in these Road length Events, I am either too short or too long , but I enjoy playing them anyway, we have six days so my chances are pretty good getting to that Monkey pyramid "thingy" ( or at least that's my view). That boat booster is worth the try. I had like 4 boat Regatta Task and could not believe the difference that booster made time wise.
    Thank you Kim, glad I have company with a need for the Venus fly traps, and being pretty rubbish at the event but enjoying it anyway . On a plus side with not so many people caring for the cow/monkey pyramid, we will end up with a fairly unique decoration in our town (even just cause no one else wants it) ROFL .

ETA
    Quote Originally Posted by Raine Logan View Post
    What are the mosquito nets and booster drinks for plz?
    Raine, the mosquito nets (made in the textile factory) and booster drinks (made in the sugar factory) are temporary items for the event. You only need them for making fuel or selling on the helicopter while the event is on. You won't be asked for them from trains or planes .
    Last edited by Downton; 05-07-2019 at 12:27 AM.
    Co-op name: War of the Roses / Co-op code:#WRY74Y / Platform: Kindle.
    Town name: Downton / Town Level: 135/ Friend Code: Y7UZA5 Full but happy to keep you on pending list
    New to the game? Check out the New to Township section right here on the forum for useful info & tips, & Township Wiki for even more info .

Thanks Downton.

I’m extremely disappointed that this takes TCash to continue after a fall. I’ve fallen several times as I’ve gotten used to it………but the worst part is when the game built an extremely short bridge causing a fall WITHOUT ME TOUCHING THE SCREEN.

I’m out 50 TCash and will not be playing this one any longer.

I’ve asked for a refund of the 50 TCash I’m out because the game itself built bridges…without my help.

Let’s see if the developers are on the up and up.

This one is a no. I’m not buying more TCash to play.

After the positivity and excitement that I felt when the preview of the event decorations was posted, I am very disappointed to have to add my voice to the chorus of people who feel extremely let down by this event.

First, what happened to the days when we used to be able to earn several decorations as personal goal prizes? The first event I ever participated in was the Restaurant Day event in 2017. You can see here on the wiki, we earned SIX decorations by completing even goals. That used to be the norm. As the events and event decorations started repeating, the decorations awarded as personal goal prizes decreased, but I could rationalize this because they were repeats and at least we usually had TWO new decorations amongst the personal goal prizes. This event, there are EIGHT BRAND NEW decorations (I've never seen any of them before at least), and you can only afford to let us win ONE of them? Come on, Playrix. Lucky for me, I hoard my tcash exclusively for buying decorations, so I will be able to purchase what I want, but I feel bad for lower level players that will not be able to do that.

Second, I strongly dislike the PAY TO WIN element of this game. Of course, in all past events T-cash could be used to give someone a "leg up" in the competition. However, in this competition, spending Tcash is essentially a REQUIREMENT. In past events, a "free" player could beat a t-cash spender if they were willing to put in a lot of hard work by playing the game non-stop. In this event (like the one snowboard event that was designed similarly), skill is irrelevant as long as you are willing to keep paying each time you fall. That really takes the fun out of the event, and I am disappointed that Playrix would return to this style after all the complaints from the one time they tried it with the snowboard event.
    Last edited by kitty4715; 05-06-2019 at 10:57 PM.
    MollyTamale town, "Reflection in the Wave" (co-op tag #REF8RX),
    or I may be visiting a friend's coop for the week!
    For a little "story" behind the design inspiration for my town, check this post

A word of caution / strategy for players:

This event offers two types of rewards based on two types of goals.

1) Gather "stars" to complete "personal goals" and collect up to 5 sets of rewards. Each pillar you reach gives you some number of stars plus completing all the pillars in a run (I.e., reaching the last pillar) gives you a bonus number of stars. Fall without continuing (for t-cash) will still give you credit for the number of stars collected before the fall.

2) Reach a number of consecutive pillars without falling to get a single reward at the end of the event based on your highest number of consecutive pillars you've reached. Fall during a run and you can re-try that single pillar for T-Cash. If this event is anything like the "Snowboarding Event", each time you fall in the same run the amount of T-Cash needed to continue increases, starting with 5T. I don't know if that is true for this event or if it remains at 5T for every fall in the same run.

If you are not interested in the meager reward for finishing 1st (or at least highly placed) in your competition group, *don't* spend T-Cash to continue. While it may seem like the game wants you to spend T-Cash to continue, there is no reward worth dumping T-Cash, or the Real Cash to buy it. Nothing requires you to spend T-Cash at all.

So, play if it's fun for you, get your personal rewards but don't stress out about falling and save your hard earned T-Cash.

We have yet to see if there are interseasonal tasks related to the event. During the last "Snowboarding Event" similar tasks were to "earn stars", and "distance runs". The distance runs were such that you could fall and have to use T-Cash to continue or lose the progress you made on the task which is why my co-op automatically dumped the distance tasks. The earn stars tasks were easier. Making Fuel is also possible as a regatta task and that should be easily do-able too.

Quote Originally Posted by kitty4715 View Post
    Second, I strongly dislike the PAY TO WIN element of this game. Of course, in all past events T-cash could be used to give someone a "leg up" in the competition. However, in this competition, spending Tcash is essentially a REQUIREMENT. In past events, a "free" player could beat a t-cash spender if they were willing to put in a lot of hard work by playing the game non-stop. In this event (like the one snowboard event that was designed similarly), skill is irrelevant as long as you are will to keep paying each time you fall. That really takes the fun out of the event, and I am disappointed that Playrix would return to this style after all the complaints from the one time they tried it with the snowboard event.
    Double Thumbs Up on this. We've had several versions of the Snowboarding (or similar) Events but at some point instead of recording "Distance Travelled" it became "Continuous Distance Travelled". Yes, it was always that you could pay T-Cash to continue after a fall but with "Continuous Distance" it became *required* to continue the run. Plus, the Snowboarding course became more difficult as you advanced through the goals, toward the end of the event it was common to see all 3 lanes blocked multiple times, almost guaranteeing that you'd fall multiple times.

So after all the complaints about that game play, a variant of it seems to be back for this event. Hard to express how disappointed I am in this (without resorting to words that would get me banned). I'm sitting this one out.

Like Kitty, I have a hoard of T-Cash and spending 375T (No Cow Pyramid!) to get what I want is not a hardship. But I do feel for people who are tight on T-Cash (and/or Real Cash) or those who feel pressured to spend T-Cash after falling down.

Quote Originally Posted by Raine Logan View Post
    Thanks Downton.
    You're welcome Raine .
    Co-op name: War of the Roses / Co-op code:#WRY74Y / Platform: Kindle.
    Town name: Downton / Town Level: 135/ Friend Code: Y7UZA5 Full but happy to keep you on pending list
    New to the game? Check out the New to Township section right here on the forum for useful info & tips, & Township Wiki for even more info .

Quote Originally Posted by Ashdust View Post
    Sorry to burst your bubble...but if we all get the same rewards the boat booster is the efficient ingots one not the speed one. Still nice I guess, but I would definitely prefer the speed booster.
    Well poo Ashdust, guess it's time to get my glasses checked! My bubble has been officially burst LOL, thanks for the heads up
    Town: RYAN'S HOPE / Level: 161
    Co-Op: SOS: SAILING ON SOLO / Tag: #SSYJYK / Friend's Code: HT9EQS (Full, but will keep you on Pending List)
    Platform: IOS / Playing April 2016 / Former Member of the Spending Suckers Club, Current Member in Bonkers Club
    Fishdom: 1,533 / Gardenscapes: 1,769

The thing I don’t like is the competition rewards - always with the zoo animal cards lately. Give us boosters as rewards, or mix it up some! Don’t need zoo cards. Enough already.
    Tricia J
    iPad Air 2
    Town: Moo Baa Bay
    Co-op: Sunnyvale
    Level: 88
    Zoo schmoo.