Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 06.05 The Jungle Quest Event: How to Play

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

06.05 The Jungle Quest Event: How to Play

Hi, Townshippers!

The Jungle Quest Event has already started!

Please have in mind that THE RULES OF THE TOURNAMENT have changed a bit since the introduction of the Holiday Deliveries event 💥
    So check out these tips on how to become the best explorer:

HOW TO PLAY:

• Drive the off-roader to the treasure to finish the expedition and to receive additional stars for each successful treasure hunt 🚚
    • Tap anywhere on the screen and hold to build bridges of the right length between the pillars. The longer you hold – the longer the bridge will be 🌈
    • The length of the bridge is limited though, so in order to collect all stars and to keep your progress safe we recommend to build bridges to each pillar 👷
    • If the bridge is too short to reach the next pillar or too long and overlapping the truck will fall and you'll have to start over or continue with T-cash 🏅
    • If you choose to quit the expedition instead of completing it you still keep the stars you have already collected, but you lose the additional stars you would have received 🌠
    • Hit the center of pillars with your bridges to get more stars. On top of that, the middle part of all further pillars will expand, making them easier targets 🎯
    • Use bonuses to build perfect bridges and get more stars. Please have in mind that their effect is time-limited 🔔

THE RULES OF THE TOURNAMENT:

• The tournament and the leaderboards unlock once you've reached your first personal goal 🏆
    • The stars you collect for reaching pillars are counted towards your personal goals. For the leaderboards, you need to collect pillars and to ride as far as you can without falling ⭐
    • Even if the truck falls and you quit the ride you still get credit – both stars and pillars for your record (in the levels finished in succession + pillars in the level that you quit). But your next record will start calculating from scratch, and you'll need to beat your previous best score to move up in the leaderboards 🔼
    • Your best score is NOT the total number of the pillars you collected during all your runs. It's the number you've covered without a fall with one or more continuous attempts🖇
      For instance: you've finished 2 levels of 10 pillars each without falling, but you fell and quit at the next level after reaching 3 pillars. It means your tournament score is 23 pillars — it’s the score that will get into the leaderboard. To improve your position in the leaderboards you’ll need to collect 24 or more pillars during one of your next rides.

How’s your journey going so far, folks? 😅💪

Last edited by Anna Petrova; 05-22-2019 at 09:57 AM.

I have achieved 62 without falling as my highest score so far, which has put me in 9th place. I am not expecting to do well in the competition. Not to worry, my main objective at the moment is collecting stars for my personal goals. I may be in a minority but really like the ancient calendar dec (pyramid with cows head on top!) I am only on my 3rd personal goal at the moment but really enjoying this event .

I have splurged over half my Tcash on decs and am building them up for more. Those carnivorous plant (venus fly traps) are a really neat decoration and I have 4 already, but I need more!

So if you're competitive I guess you would say I'm not doing well at all hah, but I'm not (at least not in this event ) so I don't care. It's just a fun event that gives me a cow pyramid at the end of it, keeps me happy .

ETA It would have been nice to have 2 decorations we could win in the event, like we normally do though.
    Last edited by Downton; 05-06-2019 at 01:58 PM.
    Co-op name: War of the Roses / Co-op code:#WRY74Y / Platform: Kindle.
    Town name: Downton / Town Level: 140/ Friend Code: Y7UZA5 Full but happy to keep you on pending list
    I am aware I should not start sentences with And & But etc. But I do it anyway
    New to the game? Check out the New to Township section right here on the forum for useful info & tips .

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    Those carnivorous plant (venus fly traps) are a really neat decoration and I have 4 already, but I need more! .
    Downton, I agree totally. I have two and will at least get two more LOL. They are small and fit nicely anywhere. I don't do too well in these Road length Events, I am either too short or too long , but I enjoy playing them anyway, we have six days so my chances are pretty good getting to that Monkey pyramid "thingy" ( or at least that's my view). That boat booster is worth the try. I had like 4 boat Regatta Task and could not believe the difference that booster made time wise.
    Town: RYAN'S HOPE / Level: 161
    Co-Op: SOS: SAILING ON SOLO / Tag: #SSYJYK / Friend's Code: HT9EQS (Full, but will keep you on Pending List)
    Platform: IOS / Playing April 2016 / Former Member of the Spending Suckers Club, Current Member in Bonkers Club
    Fishdom: 1,533 / Gardenscapes: 1,769

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetness123 View Post
    ....That boat booster is worth the try. I had like 4 boat Regatta Task and could not believe the difference that booster made time wise.
    Sorry to burst your bubble...but if we all get the same rewards the boat booster is the efficient ingots one not the speed one. Still nice I guess, but I would definitely prefer the speed booster.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashdust View Post
    Sorry to burst your bubble...but if we all get the same rewards the boat booster is the efficient ingots one not the speed one. Still nice I guess, but I would definitely prefer the speed booster.
    Well poo Ashdust, guess it's time to get my glasses checked! My bubble has been officially burst LOL, thanks for the heads up
    Co-Op: SOS: SAILING ON SOLO / Tag: #SSYJYK / Friend's Code: HT9EQS (Full, but will keep you on Pending List)
    Platform: IOS / Playing April 2016 / Former Member of the Spending Suckers Club, Current Member in Bonkers Club

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetness123 View Post
    Downton, I agree totally. I have two and will at least get two more LOL. They are small and fit nicely anywhere. I don't do too well in these Road length Events, I am either too short or too long , but I enjoy playing them anyway, we have six days so my chances are pretty good getting to that Monkey pyramid "thingy" ( or at least that's my view). That boat booster is worth the try. I had like 4 boat Regatta Task and could not believe the difference that booster made time wise.
    Thank you Kim, glad I have company with a need for the Venus fly traps, and being pretty rubbish at the event but enjoying it anyway . On a plus side with not so many people caring for the cow/monkey pyramid, we will end up with a fairly unique decoration in our town (even just cause no one else wants it) ROFL .

ETA
    Quote Originally Posted by Raine Logan View Post
    What are the mosquito nets and booster drinks for plz?
    Raine, the mosquito nets (made in the textile factory) and booster drinks (made in the sugar factory) are temporary items for the event. You only need them for making fuel or selling on the helicopter while the event is on. You won't be asked for them from trains or planes .
    Last edited by Downton; 05-07-2019 at 12:27 AM.
    Town name: Downton / Town Level: 140/ Friend Code: Y7UZA5 Full but happy to keep you on pending list
    New to the game? Check out the New to Township section right here on the forum for useful info & tips .

Thanks Downton.

Quote Originally Posted by Raine Logan View Post
    Thanks Downton.
    You're welcome Raine .

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    Thank you Kim, glad I have company with a need for the Venus fly traps, and being pretty rubbish at the event but enjoying it anyway . On a plus side with not so many people caring for the cow/monkey pyramid, we will end up with a fairly unique decoration in our town (even just cause no one else wants it) ROFL .
    LOL Downton, totally missed this... Yes, glad you are my partner in this

Really disappointed in the event, the game itself I don't have an issue with, I quite like the mechanics of the game and I'm ok at it.

A few things I don't like...

The pay to win aspect of this one, yes it takes skill not to fall, but if you do fall your record can be continued by spending T cash. This means I have no chance of placing well in the competition, despite being quite good at it as I will fall now and then and won't pay to continue.

The way we create fuel. This one is a real drain on the barn, I much prefer the ones where you get items from Heli orders so my supplies aren't wasted.

And as has been mentioned elsewhere the single deco as reward.

Sorry but sitting this one out.