Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana--Germany Connection

Well, as I live in a tourist region (Chiemgau/Chiemsee) I would anyway suggest to visit it. Its great landscape, the mountains, the lake offer many possibilities to spend time here. But my heart beats for Lake Constance and Freiburg (also tourist regions) with the Markgräfler Land, near the borders to France and Switzerland. I especially like the mentality of the people living there. If you're looking for landscape, the Altmühltal, Fränkische Jura, Schwarzwald, Odenwald or Bayerischer Wald could be nice places. If you want to meet people, maybe cities like Cologne and Berlin would be recommendable.
    Town: Monaco - lvl 94, 44BMN5
    Coop: Monaco Bagage - #MN8GZW
    Android

Hey, that's great, Monaco, thanks!
    In Odenwald, he might have been already (re. Michelstadt).
    I remember I have heard GOOD things about Freiburg - IIRC, it has a high amount of sun hours per day!

Vielen Dank für all Ihre Ideen zu Sehenswürdigkeiten. Es ist schon so lange her, dass ich Deutschland besucht habe, dass es alles neu für mich sein wird. Vielen Dank.

My attempt at German with the help of a dictionary and translator program. It will be several years away, so I will be practicing in the mean time!

Vincent
    One-Eye 57 town name: Tundra Prime
    started Township: Feb. 16, 2016 Platform: IOS (on iPad)
    Town Level: 177; Zoo: 188/188.
    Co-Op: Cajun Country 2 (w/ green shield & butterfly) #CJEG7J

Quote Originally Posted by One-Eye 57 View Post
    ...Es ist schon so lange her, dass ich Deutschland besucht habe, dass es alles neu für mich sein wird.
    (Der Dank geht an Dich, Monaco )
    Sehr nette Idee, in Deutsch zu antworten, Vincent; ebenfalls vielen Dank! Und ein guter Hinweis bzgl. "alles neu" - and it simply means we can put *everything worth seeing here* (or claimed to be) on your plan!

It will be several years away, so I will be practicing in the mean time!
    another good idea! (Du darfst uns auch duzen ) BTW, in case you didn't think of it yet: You can play TS in German, a very good thing for vocab!
    Last edited by _DD_; 05-18-2019 at 01:01 PM.

Vielen Dank für all Ihre Ideen zu Sehenswürdigkeiten. Es ist schon so lange her, dass ich Deutschland besucht habe, dass es alles neu für mich sein wird. Vielen Dank.

My attempt at German with the help of a dictionary and translator program. It will be several years away, so I will be practicing in the mean time!

Vincent
    Hallo Vincent,

Ihr Deutsch ist sehr gut, dafür dass Sie es schon viele Jahre nicht mehr praktiziert haben und vielen Dank ebenfalls! Wie dd schon sagte, wir können uns auch gerne du sagen.
    There are many beautiful (and not so beautiful) places in Germany, that it is certainly difficult to decide, where to go. Maybe you could tell us, what kind of journey you would like to do, that we could give you more precise tips/suggestions.
    Last edited by Monaco; 05-19-2019 at 08:42 AM.
    Android

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    (Der Dank geht an Dich, Monaco )
    Sehr nette Idee, in Deutsch zu antworten, Vincent; ebenfalls vielen Dank! Und ein guter Hinweis bzgl. "alles neu" - and it simply means we can put *everything worth seeing here* (or claimed to be) on your plan!

another good idea! (Du darfst uns auch duzen ) BTW, in case you didn't think of it yet: You can play TS in German, a very good thing for vocab!
    Danke für den Hinweis.
    Android

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco View Post
    Danke für den Hinweis.
    Give credit where credit is due und danke für Deine Unterstützung hier!

You can play TS in German, a very good thing for vocab!
    I've played in German for a week _DD_ when I was in a German-speaking co-op. I learnt loads of new words (and promptly forgot them again ). But it could come in useful - you never know when you're travelling when you are going to feel the need to order a Hochzeitsstrauß, Panflöte or Jalapeños im Speckmantel from your Kaufmann!

Quote Originally Posted by JJay View Post
    - you never know when you're travelling when you are going to feel the need to order a Hochzeitsstrauß, Panflöte or Jalapeños im Speckmantel from your Kaufmann!
    ROFL! thx JJ!
    yep, definitely learning for life here, we are (using 'non scholae, sed vitae discimus')! and what interesting choices, lol! btw, is it really still Jalapeños in German and other languages, too?
    learning a lot in every Coop with mixed languages, you gotta love it I've also had to run and look up product names, esp. when my British friend uses ...well, very different words that don't have much resemblance to the US words! lol - common question: wot? where is THAT?!
    Last edited by _DD_; 05-19-2019 at 12:41 PM.

ROFL! thx JJ!
    yep, definitely learning for life here, we are (using 'non scholae, sed vitae discimus')! and what interesting choices, lol! btw, is it really still Jalapeños in German and other languages, too?
    learning a lot in every Coop with mixed languages, you gotta love it I've also had to run and look up product names, esp. when my British friend uses ...well, very different words that don't have much resemblance to the US words! lol - common question: wot? where is THAT?!
    Seems like jalapeños is international

Don't want to hijack the thread, so I'll stop after this, but I like to switch between different languages when I play and very rarely look at the English version, and I've also managed to confuse people in other co-ops before by making jumpers at the tailors rather than sweaters, lollies at the ice cream factory rather than popsicles, and collecting prawns from Fisherman's Isle instead of shrimp(s), and a few more . Language is fascinating (to me anyway).