Thread: Time to stop upgrading your barn

Time to stop upgrading your barn

I saw an older discussion on this topic (like a couple years ago) but nothing recent. I’m to the point to where I need 102 hammers, nails & paint to upgrade my barn. Is there a point when you should stop upgrading? A point when you need (like in my case) 306 supplies so it’s best to use that space for items instead of supplies & keep your barn where it is? I’m really curious about the opinions on this topic. I’m torn! I’m desperate for barn space & think.. if I didn’t have upgrade supplies, would I be better off?

If you are struggling right now, my guess would be you need to do more upgrades to keep up with your style of play. Selling those barn tools would just be a temporary relief.

I am still upgrading mine. I need 124 of each tools. Why do I need such a big barn ? Mainly because I keep large stock of everything. Except for the fast crops I never get down to zero stock.

Crops : 30 to 50 of each taking more then 1 hour. I never grow silk, cacao or hevea; I buy them at the market. I keep around 20 of wheat, corn, carrot, sugarcane and coton.
    Islands products : 40 to 50 of each.
    Products : my minimum is 24 for most. Dairy, Sugar factories have a 40 to 50 minimum.
    Animals : 30 to 40 each
    Ingots : 12 each in case I need to use them with my ships.
    Materials : it varies a lot according to the updates we get.

With a large barn, I never need to fill it up to the brim. I always keep 50 to 100 free spaces in case I need to collect a large quantity of crops for me or to help someone.

I had the exact same experience (and that might have been the discussion you mentioned). Had to dump a lot of barn tools in favor of building supplies. I recall there’s a point at which new buildings only unlock at every two levels, versus every one, and that solved the crisis. But you must be far past that already.

I'm jealous. 40-50 of each island crop is a pipe dream for me. I can never get enough olives, limes, pineapples, or shrimp.

I am level 136 but have only been playing 10 months. I level up by doing a lot of helicopters and choosing experience points when upgrading factories. My barn is only 1710. My ships and trains have been at -50% for quite a while, but I also cannot get enough island products. Can't wait to get my last 5 zoo enclosures done as I understand building material stops coming on the trains when you no longer need them. I have 8 land expansions left. Then I hope I will only get barn and minding tools -- will know for sure in about 2 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Neighbor Jane View Post
    ... Can't wait to get my last 5 zoo enclosures done as I understand building material stops coming on the trains when you no longer need them. I have 8 land expansions left. Then I hope I will only get barn and minding tools -- will know for sure in about 2 months.
    Sorry to burst your dream, but we never stop receiving building materials or tools for expansion. We keep receiving them all the the time, needed or not. We never get to receive only barn and mining tools.

Quote Originally Posted by Graylady View Post
    Sorry to burst your dream, but we never stop receiving building materials or tools for expansion. We keep receiving them all the the time, needed or not. We never get to receive only barn and mining tools.
    Thanks Graylady -- zoo done now and -- yes, still getting tools. Township level 151 now with barn at 1960. I am going to hold onto some tools so I have a head start on added community buildings -- which are sure to come.

I'm level 148 been playing for 3 years, my barn is over 6000. I keep stock similar to Greylady, I'm always there for my co-op to fill help request, especially for crops & those outrageous zoo orders. I can fill helicopter orders for days, literally! So, yes keep upgrading your barn! Keep your materials close to level & just keep collecting.