Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    oh you have been busy, Ruud! and I like (most of) it

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    Yes, I definitely want your opinion on this! Since we created the Thick Skin island together it is, even for a little bit, your Island too isn't it?
    <big smile> yes, sort of. So, will add my opinions again, and no complaints about it then, ok!

Thanks for the Hippo/Rhyno-hints! lol, I just keep forgetting what is what already on the way to your or my zoo.
    anyway:

The edge has a somewhat muddy surface at the place where the Rhinos are now. I thought it would be a good combination with the mud bath in the Rhino residence.

IMO the Tapirs really seem to fit in that Jungle area.
    In the mean time my Rhynos moved back to their island. Next to Hyppos they have more space now the Tapirs found their new spot.
    Are you still with me or did you desert me halfway the story to get a dessert?
    LOL! Chocolate for me, pls.
    I followed most of what you said, no worries. (maybe with the exception of someone "were a wicker skirt", which prolly means "wear", but the rest escapes me still - why would hippos wear skirts?! )

I understood the thing about the Rhinos and their mud. But I am more happy you put them back to the other Thick skins. Their area there looks much more balanced again, thumbs up! (something bad happened to Sherv.net and their emojis, it seems so can't use them today).

The Tapirs can stay where they are; they're just "OK" for me anyway, as I said.

What you explained at first re. "animals from Opposite Poles AKA Oppoland area" is too much science or geography or whatever for me, sorry. I can't memorize such things and I wouldn't "see" on my own, when visiting, what you used as sorting criteria (as we have seen). IOW, too complicated for me. So I am glad you put them back, and re-arranged also the "jungle area" of your zoo with the new deco, the cave and the couple examining the wall (forgot the name).

There's a little "but" to the latter:
    These decos are SO specific IMO that having TWO of EACH SO close to each other... big "hm"... it's too much, IMO, and takes away the audience's attention from each other. IOW, I admire one, look a bit further left, very close, and think, oh what is this? and then see: erm, I have JUST seen that, 3 meter/centimeter to the right. One couple of them is enough, and even better (IMO). -- same with the boats in that area - three! it's too narrow there for that
    -- As I am in general NOT a fan of having everything twice or more (and the less all symmetric, just for completeness), we might of course just agree to have differing opinions here, but I thought I'd mention it re the "multiples" (the arrangements are good! just decide for one), since you asked. Sort of, anyway

What I definitely like/still like, are your apes areas! both chimpanzees and gorillas, and BOTH the extras there (gorilla eating banana, and the new animal "school" (waah, names!)). Another big thumbs up; nothing to change there!
    (or at least I hope, they are NOT in one of the areas you still want to change <g>)
    Last edited by _DD_; 05-11-2019 at 07:29 PM. Reason: added link, and boats ;)

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    oh you have been busy, Ruud! and I like (most of) it

<big smile> yes, sort of. So, will add my opinions again, and no complaints about it then, ok!

What you explained at first re. "animals from Opposite Poles AKA Oppoland area" is too much science or geography or whatever for me, sorry. I can't memorize such things and I wouldn't "see" on my own, when visiting, what you used as sorting criteria (as we have seen). IOW, too complicated for me. So I am glad you put them back, and re-arranged also the "jungle area" of your zoo with the new deco, the cave and the couple examining the wall (forgot the name).

There's a little "but" to the latter:
    These decos are SO specific IMO that having TWO of EACH SO close to each other... big "hm"... it's too much, IMO, and takes away the audience's attention from each other. IOW, I admire one, look a bit further left, very close, and think, oh what is this? and then see: erm, I have JUST seen that, 3 meter/centimeter to the right. One couple of them is enough, and even better (IMO). -- same with the boats in that area - three! it's too narrow there for that
    -- As I am in general NOT a fan of having everything twice or more (and the less all symmetric, just for completeness), we might of course just agree to have differing opinions here, but I thought I'd mention it re the "multiples" (the arrangements are good! just decide for one), since you asked. Sort of, anyway

What I definitely like/still like, are your apes areas! both chimpanzees and gorillas, and BOTH the extras there (gorilla eating banana, and the new animal "school" (waah, names!)). Another big thumbs up; nothing to change there!
    (or at least I hope, they are NOT in one of the areas you still want to change <g>)
    Hi DD,
    Thank you for taking the time to read all of these posts and having a look on all these changes.

Sorry for trouble you with the Oppoland. It was just a word I got from Google translate and I liked it. But 'Snowy area' is the easiest way to so what I mean.
    And google is really not my friend if I want to find a word with many meanings in both used languages

Talking about that 'little' but (and I am carefully counting the 't'-'s in that last word ):
    There is a meaning in using this doubles next to each other.
    I see the caves with the Bats as an entrance and an exit of a 'building' in my Zoo where all kinds of "Nocturnal animals/Nächtliche Tiere" have their homes.
    That 'building' is integrated with the rocks of the undeveloped area in the back of my Zoo.
    That is why I installed a pier/liege platz on front of the entrences so people can take there time to visit this 'Kingdom of Darkness' and leave their boat to be able to continue their boat trip after that.
    The jungle is not accessible by walking so that is why there are 'a lot of' Fan boats in that area.

Thanks again for sharing your opinion.
    Most of the jungle will stay as it is now. Maybe I take a closer look to find out a better way of showing my visitors the entrance of the 'Kingdom of Darkness' but the chance is very small that I will rearrange a lot to create this. Maybe next Jungle event???
    Just a few more Glass to finish my Armadillo enclosure SO that might change the area just a little bit if it is necessary to give balance to its surroundings.

Now it is time for break in redesigning my Zoo. A little bit of rest is good for that proces.
    Last edited by Rocky_Ruud; 05-12-2019 at 10:34 AM.
    Change what you can't accept. Accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 104/Android

Talking about that 'little' but (and I am carefully counting the 't'-'s in that last word ):
    LOL!! very good!
    Many thanks for your explanation of the double caves and walls being an entrance and exit.
    That is a very good idea, esp. for the in and out (the walls, not so much IMO).
    Too bad that I as a visitor can't get that meaning easily, also cos the same ppl are making the same gestures etc so close together, which I find distracting.
    So, getting at least some signs would be nice/helpful, I guess either with the words Entrance/EXIT ("here Exit only", lol) or with some arrows

You are done there? didn't you say something about the Asian area? or is that not in the zoo? (see? I still don't know what it means, lol, sorry)

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    LOL!! very good!
    Many thanks for your explanation of the double caves and walls being an entrance and exit.
    That is a very good idea, esp. for the in and out (the walls, not so much IMO).
    Too bad that I as a visitor can't get that meaning easily, also cos the same ppl are making the same gestures etc so close together, which I find distracting.
    So, getting at least some signs would be nice/helpful, I guess either with the words Entrance/EXIT ("here Exit only", lol) or with some arrows

You are done there? didn't you say something about the Asian area? or is that not in the zoo? (see? I still don't know what it means, lol, sorry)
    Thank you DD, yes some signs would be helpful but that is not in my hands
    The Asian area is the part with Pandas, pink flowers and the Dragon kite. I moved it from left under to the place where the Thick skins were.
    The continents are turning now Africa is where Asia was. And Africa is the Desert part but that was an easy one wasn't it
    So I have still some work in my Zoo!
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 104/Android

Thank you DD, yes some signs would be helpful but that is not in my hands
    I won't hold my breath either
    btw, when looking at the huge quote of my earlier post: when replying to a specific part, it's absolutely OK (and more common than underlining, which usually is a sign for a link) to edit the quote and delete the "unrelated" parts, as long as it is visible that there was more. Just a hint

...The continents are turning now Africa is where Asia was. And Africa is the Desert part but that was an easy one wasn't it ...
    lol! erm...yes. If you say so Yanno, I'll also simply be happy to see more pictures, reports, stories, narratives, whatever we call it, of all you creative folks here about your wonderful towns.

Thanks for posting Anna! These are awesome! Between these and the Tropical Blends decs I'm gonna need more Tcash LOL
    MacBook with MacOS Mojave
    Township Love & Peace
    Level 114

And here is the updated version of today.
    Big impact on the rest of my Zoo but in the end it will be alright.
    It always is, isn't it: cool:
    OMG Rocky--that's so awesome.
    Township Love & Peace
    Level 114

Quote Originally Posted by 505SunDog View Post
    OMG Rocky--that's so awesome.
    Thank you Sundog!

Finally! Mac Jungle

At long last my jungle envy has finally been satisfied. If I ever quit dropping off the cliff and win it, I'll add the cow temple. For the same reasons mentioned by others I'm not sure that I want to buy it either.

MacJungleTop - 1.jpg

MacJungleBottom - 1.jpg
    Township Love & Peace
    Level 114

Quote Originally Posted by 505SunDog View Post
    At long last my jungle envy has finally been satisfied. If I ever quit dropping off the cliff and win it, I'll add the cow temple. For the same reasons mentioned by others I'm not sure that I want to buy it either.
    Nice atmosphere you've created in that area.
    The stair piramide fits nicely and IMO a good alternative for the one with the Cow head on it.
    Still convinced that a Monkey head on top of it would have made it more popular among us players!