Thread: No credit for going to Isle for Regatta task

No credit for going to Isle for Regatta task

I tried to stay up to complete the task. Only had one more to finish. It was due in about 2:50 am CST.
    Well at 2:00 am cst I fell a sleep. The game was on and running on my iPad. When I awoke at about 4:20 am I still had time to complete the task. When my iPad was on I had the game still running, I clicked on the game, it restarted. My shipmwas in port. I unloaded my ship, but got no credit for finishing the task it stayed at 8/9. I restarted game, still the same. I spent 34 TCash to get the last ship in, to complete task.

I contacted support. They told me that this was not a known bug. They did not refund me my 34 TCash..... ...I stopped spending money on their games because of the customer support. And I said I will not be spending anymore money on Township.
    Last edited by Bessville; 05-05-2019 at 06:07 AM. Reason: Rule #12

Most of the islands tasks this season are for SENDING ships, not unload them. Could it be that being tired you mixed the type of task?
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- I am just a player, not a Playrix staff
    Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 200, Zoo 188 animals, --- Fishdom stop at 1518 --- Homescape stop at 650

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

Quote Originally Posted by Graylady View Post
    Most of the islands tasks this season are for SENDING ships, not unload them. Could it be that being tired you mixed the type of task?

I was waiting for the ship to return from island. I had goofed earlier and only sent one , when I was at 7/9. That one got back during normal hours for me. That, made it 8/9. I had sent the other ship when it got back from Frutus Island. That, one was due back at 2:50 AM. That was my nineth and final one. I fell a sleep with game still on, on my iPad. When I awoke at 4:20 am. My iPad was asleep . I woke it. The game was still up. I clicked on it. The game quickly restarted. My ship now was in port, the task counter was still at 8/9. I clicked on the ship. I got no credit for sending it. I had to resend it. With a half hour left, I had to spend the 34 TCash to return it immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Willow-WaldoMag View Post
    I was waiting for the ship to return from island. I had goofed earlier and only sent one , when I was at 7/9. That one got back during normal hours for me. That, made it 8/9. I had sent the other ship when it got back from Frutus Island. That, one was due back at 2:50 AM. That was my nineth and final one. I fell a sleep with game still on, on my iPad. When I awoke at 4:20 am. My iPad was asleep . I woke it. The game was still up. I clicked on it. The game quickly restarted. My ship now was in port, the task counter was still at 8/9. I clicked on the ship. I got no credit for sending it. I had to resend it. With a half hour left, I had to spend the 34 TCash to return it immediately.
    When a task ask for sending ship, the credit is given as soon as you send a ship. Waiting for his return do not give anything. If you are waiting for a ship to return in order to send it to the right island, the credit will be given as soon as you send it.

You say That one got back during normal hours for me. That, made it 8/9. This is wrong. A returning ship do not increase your score. You have to send it to get your score 8/9. I think this is where you made a mistake, counting a point when you did not gain one.
    Last edited by Graylady; 05-05-2019 at 05:27 PM.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- I am just a player, not a Playrix staff
    Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 200, Zoo 188 animals, --- Fishdom stop at 1518 --- Homescape stop at 650

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

Quote Originally Posted by Graylady View Post
    When a task ask for sending ship, the credit is given as soon as you send a ship. Waiting for his return do not give anything. If you are waiting for a ship to return in order to send it to the right island, the credit will be given as soon as you send it.

You say That one got back during normal hours for me. That, made it 8/9. This is wrong. A returning ship do not increase your score. You have to send it to get your score 8/9. I think this is where you made a mistake, counting a point when you did not gain one.
    My count was 8/9 before I sent the ship you are telling me. The bug happened when I first sent it.
    If that were true when the count was 8/9 and I sent the nineth ship. I would hav3 gotten credit immediately. No I did not. After I spent the 34 TCash for its return I got the credit.

Quote Originally Posted by Willow-WaldoMag View Post
    My count was 8/9 before I sent the ship you are telling me. The bug happened when I first sent it.
    If that were true when the count was 8/9 and I sent the nineth ship. I would hav3 gotten credit immediately. No I did not. After I spent the 34 TCash for its return I got the credit.
    GL is absolutely right with her explanation of how the send ships tasks work. I find the description you give of what happened to you confusing. If you had 8/9 ships sent and were waiting for 1 to come back, you would need to send it straight back out to the required island after emptying it to get the 9th credit for total ships sent. If you did this and it didn't register then of course there's been a glitch that rightly needs reporting.

ETA I see now you are saying it registered from 7 to 8 when a ship came back in. That should not be possible that is not how these tasks work. More likely it changed to 8 when the ship was sent back out and you got it mixed up.
    Co-op name: War of the Roses / Co-op code:#WRY74Y / Platform: Kindle.
    Town name: Downton / Town Level: 135/ Friend Code: Y7UZA5 Full but happy to keep you on pending list
    New to the game? Check out the New to Township section right here on the forum for useful info & tips, & Township Wiki for even more info .

Today seems like my day to beat a dead horse or two.

There are *NO* Island Tasks that give you credit for a ship simply "Returning to Port".

The "Seasonal Regatta Tasks" are all of the form "Send X number of Ships to Y Island" (e.g., Send 7 Ships to Fisherman's Island). You get the credit for each ship at the moment you dispatch it on it's journey. You do not need to wait for it to return *unless* you need to send more ships. Once you send the last ship, the task is complete, you do not need to wait for it to return.

The "Regular Regatta Tasks" are all of the form "Fetch X number of products from Y Island" (e.g., Fetch 10 Coconuts from Tropica Island). You get credit for each item you retrieve from the ship's hold. I suppose, technically, you need to wait for the ship to return to port however you do not get credit for the ship simply returning, you have to remove the proper item from the hold to receive the credit toward the task.

It's easy to confuse one for the other in the heat of the regatta.

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    Today seems like my day to beat a dead horse or two.

There are *NO* Island Tasks that give you credit for a ship simply "Returning to Port".

The "Seasonal Regatta Tasks" are all of the form "Send X number of Ships to Y Island" (e.g., Send 7 Ships to Fisherman's Island). You get the credit for each ship at the moment you dispatch it on it's journey. You do not need to wait for it to return *unless* you need to send more ships. Once you send the last ship, the task is complete, you do not need to wait for it to return.

The "Regular Regatta Tasks" are all of the form "Fetch X number of products from Y Island" (e.g., Fetch 10 Coconuts from Tropica Island). You get credit for each item you retrieve from the ship's hold. I suppose, technically, you need to wait for the ship to return to port however you do not get credit for the ship simply returning, you have to remove the proper item from the hold to receive the credit toward the task.

It's easy to confuse one for the other in the heat of the regatta.
    That is, fine that explains why when I sent the seventh it was not the nineth as I thought it would be.
    I was thinking it registered when they came back. (I did see 6/9 as I thought before they came back, I just thought I made a mistake and it was 5/9) I sent one back. But thinking I would be done I sent the other to Frutus. When I looked back at the numbers it showed 7/9. I realized then I was going to have to send that one too Olivia when it got back from Frutus.

When the ship got back from Frutus, I sent it to Olivia. From what you are saying that is when it turned to 8/9.

But I most certainly was waiting on this skip to return with the number showing for the task 8/9.
    When I sent the nineth I did not get credit. After I spent the 34 TCash it completed the task.

Before I decided to spend the 34 TCash, I looked to see how much time I had left.
    It was around 27 minutes. I then went and paid the 34 TCash.
    That is when I got credit for completing the task.
    Last edited by Willow-WaldoMag; 05-09-2019 at 01:52 AM.

I just experienced a similar problem with the interseasonal task of collecting 11 coconuts. I sent the ships using gold and platinum ingots to ensure that I received enough coconuts and worked on another task. When they returned this morning, I selected the task. It was displayed as 0/11 complete in the upper right corner, as well as on my task tab. After I emptied the ships and collected 12 coconuts, it is still showing as 0/11 complete. I have contacted customer support, but only received a canned response with faqs.

Quote Originally Posted by Calentura View Post
    I just experienced a similar problem with the interseasonal task of collecting 11 coconuts. I sent the ships using gold and platinum ingots to ensure that I received enough coconuts and worked on another task. When they returned this morning, I selected the task. It was displayed as 0/11 complete in the upper right corner, as well as on my task tab. After I emptied the ships and collected 12 coconuts, it is still showing as 0/11 complete. I have contacted customer support, but only received a canned response with faqs.
    Good luck with support . They are lousy.
    You get better information here.
    Customer support responded oonce, told me it was not a bug and that was it.

Here I at least found out about my mistake in thinking they had to return to get credit for ships.
    I find myself thinking the same way with trains.
    That the credit is when they return. It is hard to think of it as just sending out.