Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My Paintings

I like to share some of my own but only if it suites you to share this room with me
    Change what you can't accept. Accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 109/Android

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan View Post
    Also, thanks for the tipps _DD_, I will try to re-add the attachmeant. Maybe its because i'm on mobile?
    Attachment 41277
    Sorry, no idea why it changed - your first post with the pic doesn't even show a later edit; did you try..?

(I would suggest rather to edit the first post with the pic; otherwise you might have several then suddenly, f.e. if the upload to here can be repaired )

But no rush, enjoy your out-of-town-time first, hope it's something nice! and maybe it's easier on the computer anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    I like to share some of my own but only if it suites you to share this room with me
    As Ethan is away, maybe it's easier to just start your own thread? would give us something to look at, while Ethan can't update here, and would save us from having to comment on both always, out of politeness, when commenting on one

unless there's a special reason for "all-in-one"?
    and/or Bess-with-much-time would possibly be nice enough to merge them later, if it turns out to be better/wished for..

And I wouldn't be angry if someone explained a bit of their background remarks before I have to google a ton of names from the discussion. Is that Bob a style (Stilrichtung), or what? Assume pls that many of your readers here (or a single one! lol) don't know anything about painting, except maybe two names like Picasso and Dali.

https://youtu.be/lLWEXRAnQd0
    Well, Bob Ross has a famous way of creating a painting while he makes it look like it is easy to do.
    The result is a very nice looking picture.

My teacher told me his opinion about it: he misses the soul in the painting.
    But art exist in many ways and it is all about having fun in expressing ourselves IMO

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    As Ethan is away, maybe it's easier to just start your own thread? would give us something to look at, while Ethan can't update here, and would save us from having to comment on both always, out of politeness, when commenting on one

unless there's a special reason for "all-in-one"?
    and/or Bess-with-much-time would possibly be nice enough to merge them later, if it turns out to be better/wished for..

And I wouldn't be angry if someone explained a bit of their background remarks before I have to google a ton of names from the discussion. Is that Bob a style (Stilrichtung), or what? Assume pls that many of your readers here (or a single one! lol) don't know anything about painting, except maybe two names like Picasso and Dali.
    Bob Ross was an American Art Teacher on TV-The Joy of Painting. A bit Colo(u)r by numbers but still way better than anything I can do.

How many threads called My Paintings do we want? I'd be interested to see other people's work, as well as Ethan's. Merging several threads with same/similar name may make the comments confusing to later readers.?

Quote Originally Posted by JayS View Post
    How many threads called My Paintings do we want? I'd be interested to see other people's work, as well as Ethan's. Merging several threads with same/similar name may make the comments confusing to later readers.?
    LOL! I had thought about the thread titles, too... well, dunno. If we get more than 2 to post, it will be easier in one thread. I mainly meant it for NOW, cos of the circumstances.

But you're right, replies might become confusing, esp. when ppl don't quote a bit to make it clear, to whom they reply. That's often the case in a single thread and now already. OTOH, if every pic re-appears in replies, cos ppl quote the whole thing, it won't get very clear (├╝bersichtlich) either. So, dunno....

Be-hess?! any idea, pls?

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    Well, Bob Ross has a famous way of creating a painting ...
    Many thanks, Ruud, also for your and your teacher's comment, super! Alas, I can't watch the video, as "the user who has uploaded it, doesn't offer it in your country" (my quick translation). Will maybe search myself*, when I have more time, but good to have an impression already from you and JayS!

Quote Originally Posted by JayS View Post
    Bob Ross was an American Art Teacher on TV-The Joy of Painting. A bit Colo(u)r by numbers but still way better than anything I can do. ...
    Also thanks, JayS, and also for adding your opinion I will look up the "was" *. and well, if you do anything at all in that direction, painting, that is, we want to see it, too! Hope you want to show it, too... (you know that no intro of the painter will avoid comments )

===
    * ETA: Found him in Wikipedia and the videos at ARD-alpha (funny, had seen the explanation about him having guests sometimes, and his son Steve was in the video I picked). Impressive, I can understand! Thanks again, you two
    Last edited by _DD_; 05-06-2019 at 07:22 AM.

LOL! I had thought about the thread titles, too... well, dunno. If we get more than 2 to post, it will be easier in one thread. I mainly meant it for NOW, cos of the circumstances.

But you're right, replies might become confusing, esp. when ppl don't quote a bit to make it clear, to whom they reply. That's often the case in a single thread and now already. OTOH, if every pic re-appears in replies, cos ppl quote the whole thing, it won't get very clear (├╝bersichtlich) either. So, dunno....

Be-hess?! any idea, pls?
    I definitely think keeping to one thread is best, otherwise we might better rename the entire sub-forum, lol! Seriously though, if so many people want to say so much (without quoting, maybe) that the thread becomes impossible to follow, I'd suggest it's then worth that group finding an art-related forum to visit. It'd be like a school trip!

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    I definitely think keeping to one thread is best, otherwise we might better rename the entire sub-forum, lol! Seriously though, if so many people want to say so much...
    Many thanks, Bess so be it.
    But pls, don't send us away too fast! such a thread, even if big, shouldn't hurt in the Lounge, right? and just shows that and what TS gamers do 'also'

Many thanks, Bess so be it.
    But pls, don't send us away too fast! such a thread, even if big, shouldn't hurt in the Lounge, right? and just shows that and what TS gamers do 'also'
    Absolutely - it's not a problem unless any topic starts to snowball outside its home thread and take over too wildly.

ETA: we might even allow two threads on a topic, if there was sensible reason to need a second and enough users were contributing to justify it
    Last edited by Bessville; 05-06-2019 at 07:38 AM.