Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 126

Thread: My Paintings

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    I see the change in the title/header of first post, but not the thread title - and I seem to recall, I renamed my test thread "outside" also... not urgent or so, but maybe there are different fields?
    (I can't test it again, for obvious reasons *g* - Bess MIGHT have other things to do)
    Hmm. Weird.

    Changing the first post's header under Advanced should change the thread title to match automatically, but in this case it didn't seem to recognise the addition of only the s. So, I changed it to something completely other via the usual method, then again to 'My Paintings' without issue.

    ETA: it seems I have nothing better to do after all
    Last edited by Bessville; 05-04-2019 at 08:27 PM.

  2. #12
    I tried changing the name of an older thread I started back in February. For no other reason than curiosity. It didn't work for me, it's changed the name on my post only. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

    See here for the thread I tried it on.

  3. #13
    Hi all,
    Thanks for you help Bess, I will keep those tips in mind for next time!
    Ethan | Township Wiki | Homescapes Wiki
    Town Name: Starville |
    Homescapes: Level: 122 | Team: The Best Team

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    I tried changing the name of an older thread I started back in February. For no other reason than curiosity. It didn't work for me, it's changed the name on my post only. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

    See here for the thread I tried it on.
    Ahh, I wonder if it's one of my mod super-powers, then? Though, as I say, when I tried to simply change the title of this thread to My Paintings from My Painting (without altering it to something completely different first) I had the same result as Ethan. That is - it didn't take. I also tested whether I could change the title of a very old thread this way, just in case Admin have set a time limit on title changes, and I was able to change that one too. I believe some forums do set a time limit to make sure any thread-links stay valid, tho.. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    I guess folks will have to try it, should the need arise again, and if it doesn't work ask a Mod to do it for them.

  5. #15
    Thanks for the reply Bess. So maybe the edit function for thread titles has favourites, and I am not one of them . I shall call on you,Nevada or Dread (super mods!) should I ever need help .

  6. #16
    This was my first oil painting. I like the way the mountains turned out.

    P_20190505_081211.jpg
    If that dosnt work I uploaded it here too.
    https://ibb.co/2vqz054

    Sorry the pic is sideways, i'll edit it later.
    Last edited by Ethan; 05-06-2019 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Re-attach image and add link
    Ethan | Township Wiki | Homescapes Wiki
    Town Name: Starville |
    Homescapes: Level: 122 | Team: The Best Team

  7. #17
    Gold Member Rocky_Ruud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Spijkenisse, The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,312
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethan View Post
    This was my first oil painting. I like the way the mountains turned out.
    Attachment 41235
    Sorry the pic is sideways, i'll edit it later.
    Certainly! Your mountains give a nice depth to your painting.
    I see a touch of Bob Ross (do you know him?) and a lot of Ethan.

    We want more!

    Just an other question: When class has stopped, are you able to find time and discipline to keep on painting?
    Class gives you a schedule and I found out that starting new paintings, drawings and so on are not always easy to work on when life has many other diversions.

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    Changing the first post's header under Advanced should change the thread title to match automatically, but in this case it didn't seem to recognise the addition of only the s. So, I changed it to something completely other via the usual method, then again to 'My Paintings' without issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    Ahh, I wonder if it's one of my mod super-powers, then? Though, as I say, when I tried to simply change the title of this thread to My Paintings from My Painting (without altering it to something completely different first) I had the same result as Ethan. That is - it didn't take. I also tested whether I could change the title of a very old thread this way, just in case Admin have set a time limit on title changes, and I was able to change that one too. I believe some forums do set a time limit to make sure any thread-links stay valid, tho..
    I agree with your first remark that it should. Clever idea with the renaming!

    My experience yesterday was that I started a thread called "test", and renamed it - right after saving - to "testing".
    And it worked, as I looked at it also in the forum view, not only the thread itself.

    Together with what you tried and tested, Bess, and Downton with her older thread also, I'd say you are right on both: normal members have a time limit for such changes, and Mods and Admins don't. Just a guess, but would fit.

    Would be the same with editing a post: If I am fast enough with my editing a post, it doesn't show as Edited. Maybe a minute or two, at maximum.

    I've been working in a different vBulletin forum, and this wasn't the case there. Also, every member could delete their threads (as long as w/o replies), just like a single post IN a thread. So I assume it is a forum setting, here by Playrix Admin.

    Not sure about their reasons (if so), cos IIRC, a thread-name in a link won't necessarily change with a rename; in the other forum it stayed (in links!) with the old name, and the main identifyer was a number in that link anyway.
    Example:

    https:// forum.playrix.com/ showthread.php? 169440-Start-a-New-Thread &p=962141&viewfull=1#post962141


    Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    ETA: it seems I have nothing better to do after all
    <G>ood!
    But nonetheless, I didn't test it today again. Today...
    Last edited by _DD_; 05-05-2019 at 09:57 PM. Reason: QED: first edit within a minute after saving didn't show the edit-remark.

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethan View Post
    This was my first oil painting. I like the way the mountains turned out.
    Attachment 41235
    Sorry the pic is sideways, i'll edit it later.
    I've seen it earlier today, so I know it was there - it was a bit dark for me, so wanted to wait for it to be "turned" (and I'd have more time).
    Now it's become an invalid attachment; could you pls repair it, Ethan?


    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    We want more!
    What Ruud said!

  10. #20
    Hi all,
    Sorry for my late reply as I am out of town for the next few days.

    Yes, that was actully a bob ross class that I attended. Plus I watch his series via roku. I do paint outside of the clases, I'll show you one of my paintings that was not part of a class soon!

    Also, thanks for the tipps _DD_, I will try to re-add the attachmeant. Maybe its because i'm on mobile?
    Attachment 41277

    If that dosn't work, I'll upload it to google and share the link.

    Best regards,
    Ethan
    Ethan | Township Wiki | Homescapes Wiki
    Town Name: Starville |
    Homescapes: Level: 122 | Team: The Best Team

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •