Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: My Paintings

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    Oooofff! Did I do it again??? Mandala is the word! *g*g*g*
    LOL! didn't think of that! - had to google it also, but found it at least w/o problems

Thanks, Ruud! also for sharing at all and the other explanations!
    am also impressed by them for your latest upload (the work "on paper").

Hi all,
    I have missed a lot sense I was last on!

Rocky_Ruud, your paintings are excellent! I love the forest with the cut down tree. I think you do trees better than me, although I'm still tweaking trees and rocks. Your animals and tree in the last painting are very good as well. I don't think i'v ever done animals (at least up close) in my paintings! I do think paper is a good way to start painting, and even experienced painters have to test things out before putting it to a canvas. Anyway, you are very talented and I hope you will keep sharing.

_DD_ -- I tried rotating the picture on my tablet to see if it would show up correctly, however it would not stay that way whenever I uploaded it. I don't think is saved it properly to my tablet. However, I will make sure future paintings are in right side up when posted.

Thank you, Bethany and Kim. I'm glad you enjoyed!

Anyway I will try to post more some time tomorrow!

Best Regards,
    Ethan
    Last edited by Ethan; 05-09-2019 at 10:03 PM. Reason: spelling
    Ethan | Township Wiki
    Town Name: Starville | Coop: T Rose

Ideas That CANNOT Be Implemented At This Time

Welcome back, Ethan!
    I hope you had a good time.

On the early age of eleven or twelve I started drawing animals.
    'Armed' with pencil and paper I spend a lot of time in the Petting Zoo in my town.

This canvas with the King fisher and the Whisper boat is based on a coloring plate.
    I've designed it on the occasion of the Fifth Anniversary of the Electrically powered vessel that connects my town with the nearby nature reserve.
    In that time I was member of a Environmental group and supported them on public relations by drawing cartoons and others pictures
    Last edited by Rocky_Ruud; 07-02-2019 at 11:12 PM. Reason: Rule nr 9
    More Township in real life? ​Check new group messages on a regular basis

Still convinced: change what you can't accept; accept what you can't change

Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 122/Android

Wow! You are very talented Rocky_Rudd! I like your red flowers and the windmill and other buildings off in the distance. The bird is very detailed and colorful!

Now as promised another painting...

painting.jpg

This one is also a Bob Ross (oil) painting, my reflection needs a little work, but other than that I like it. At first there was reflection in the water too, but that didn't work out so I covered it up with more land. I will probably add a tent or person in now that I'm thinking about it. I really like my water and the moon with all the haziness around it. The bottom corner of the water isn't really that bright, I assume that a flash from the camera. I hope you enjoy it!

ETA: This was copied from my FB page, so I hope it shows correctly for everyone.

Best Regards,
    Ethan
    Ethan | Township Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan View Post
    Wow! You are very talented Rocky_Rudd! I like your red flowers and the windmill and other buildings off in the distance. The bird is very detailed and colorful!

Now as promised another painting...

painting.jpg

This one is also a Bob Ross (oil) painting, my reflection needs a little work, but other than that I like it. At first there was reflection in the water too, but that didn't work out so I covered it up with more land. I will probably add a tent or person in now that I'm thinking about it. I really like my water and the moon with all the haziness around it. The bottom corner of the water isn't really that bright, I assume that a flash from the camera. I hope you enjoy it!

ETA: This was copied from my FB page, so I hope it shows correctly for everyone.

Best Regards,
    Ethan
    I like your panting too Ethan!
    With the reflection on the right button it seems you have been painting standing next to your car or boat with the lights on
    And that moon! Great reflections on the water!
    The 'red flowers' you noticed on my last painting are in fact people sitting in the Whisper boat, but with a little imagination... *g*

Keep up the good work, and cherise your talent. It is definitely worth it!

Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 122/Android

Ethan and Rocky. Thanks again for sharing your paintings with us. Both new paintings that y'all have posted are really great. Such talent. Each unique and visibly appealing. I admire you both, if you have the time, please continue to share with us. I find this very interesting as I have no talent in this particular area. I have many friends who do, and have always found it fascinating how some people can just paint these visions. I feel that it is something you are just born with. Anyway, thanks again, Kim
    Town: RYAN'S HOPE / Level: 161
    Co-Op: SOS: SAILING ON SOLO / Tag: #SSYJYK / Friend's Code: HT9EQS (Full, but will keep you on Pending List)
    Platform: IOS / Playing April 2016 / Former Member of the Spending Suckers Club, Current Member in Bonkers Club
    Fishdom: 1,533 / Gardenscapes: 1,769

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetness123 View Post
    Ethan and Rocky. Thanks again for sharing your paintings with us. Both new paintings that y'all have posted are really great. Such talent. Each unique and visibly appealing. I admire you both, if you have the time, please continue to share with us. I find this very interesting as I have no talent in this particular area. I have many friends who do, and have always found it fascinating how some people can just paint these visions. I feel that it is something you are just born with. Anyway, thanks again, Kim
    Thanks again Kim, it is obvious my Dad who gave me this inheritance.
    Athough this was my last oil painting there is definitely more to share in the blue Drawing folder

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    I like your panting too Ethan!
    With the reflection on the right button it seems you have been painting standing next to your car or boat with the lights on
    And that moon! Great reflections on the water!
    The 'red flowers' you noticed on my last painting are in fact people sitting in the Whisper boat, but with a little imagination... *g*

Keep up the good work, and cherise your talent. It is definitely worth it!
    Oh, now I see it! I like that better! Thank you for your complements and I hope to continue sharing. I'm not exactly sure if I took that picture by a lamp or if it is the flash from my phone camera. It's like that on my FB page too, but we'll say it's boat lights on the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetness123 View Post
    You're very welcome Kim! Also, I never really thought I was good at painting for years, then I took an acrylic class at a local art school and found out I wasn't so bad. It's mostly about spending lots of time tweaking and perfecting each detail for me. However, drawing I can't do very well even with a class. Don't know how I can paint if I can't draw, but somehow it happens. Thanks for your compliments.

Best Regards,
    Ethan
    Ethan | Township Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan View Post
    _DD_ -- I tried rotating the picture on my tablet to see if it would show up correctly, however it would not stay that way whenever I uploaded it. I don't think is saved it properly to my tablet. However, I will make sure future paintings are in right side up when posted.
    Thank you, Ethan, and as we have seen, it worked I like your "night at the forest" painting very much!

Same goes for your "King fisher and the Whisper boat", Ruud, and I saw them as people right away, and/but was thinking, what are they doing there!? and very funny/clever to post them all with your portfolio map.

Very entertaining and interesting thread; keep them coming, guys, pls.

You're Welcome, glad that it worked better for you this time! I'm glad you enjoyed my painting and I will certainly keep them coming as long as I don't run out!

Best Regards,
    Ethan
    Ethan | Township Wiki