Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: My Paintings

Hi _DD_,
    Bob Ross is a famous painter who uses wet-on-wet technique. I will also edit my initial message there, I actully just reuploaded it in a new message.

However, I would love to see some of Rocky_Ruud's paintings

Thanks for all your help Bessville and _DD_! Hopefully everybody can share their paintings,
    and show off their skills.

Best regards,
    Ethan

ETA, I reuploded it and added a link to it. In my initial post.
    Last edited by Ethan; 05-06-2019 at 12:23 PM.
    Ethan | Township Wiki
    Town Name: Starville | Coop: T Rose

Ideas That CANNOT Be Implemented At This Time

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan View Post
    Thanks for all your help Bessville and _DD_! Hopefully everybody can share their paintings,
    and show off their skills.
    ETA, I reuploded it and added a link to it. In my initial post.
    Thanks, Ethan The pic is still (or again) sidewards, which is a little hindrance for my watching it, but following the link all worked out fine. I agree with you, the mountains are superb.
    I admit I am not so sure whether the blue part is water... or a waterfall?

and btw, I would like to see a close-up pic with your smiley-signature one of these days - can such a thing really look unique and recognizable again at the same time?

As for "everybody" sharing here (see bolded part above): lol, don't count on me! (just a play with words)
    I do hope Ruud and Jay will like to 'jump in' with some of their paintings - I am fascinated that we could have "many" painters here suddenly! haven't met any since I was in school - and that others will then follow...
    hey, we could also have some photos of other crafting hobbies! (then we would have to rename the thread again?! lol)
    Last edited by _DD_; 05-06-2019 at 01:14 PM.

Thank you for the invitation Ethan!
    https://ibb.co/XyfM5Yf
    I went through my things to see what I have in paintings and such.
    Two oil paints on paper, one oil paint on canvas and one framed acrylic painting with a charcoal drawing with the same subject.
    Just not enough to start my own painting thread.
    But enough for some contribution over here.
    Talking about drawings that is an other story
    So my advice is to keep the topic of this thread on paintings then I will keep in mind to start a diverse creativity thread in neur future.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    https://ibb.co/XyfM5Yf
    I went through my things to see what I have in paintings and such.
    Two oil paints on paper, one oil paint on canvas and one framed acrylic painting with a charcoal drawing with the same subject.
    <g> and when will you open that portfolio?

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    <g> and when will you open that portfolio?
    Your wish...

I start my sharing with these cuties.
    I created them for a contest about Sustainability in the city.
    Like I mentioned above for one I used acrilyc paint, for the other charcoal pencils in various harnesses.
    Acrilyc paint dries very fast and that is why it is not my favorite.
    Working with the charcoal pencil is nice to do because with less or more pressure and using one or more layers you can create several shades of grey.
    Last edited by Rocky_Ruud; 07-02-2019 at 11:08 PM. Reason: Rule nr 9
    More Township in real life? ​Check new group messages on a regular basis

Still convinced: change what you can't accept; accept what you can't change

Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 122/Android

almost, Ruud... alas, the attachment doesn't show, and shows the "is invalid"-statement on the next page.

I hope this will do
    Last edited by Rocky_Ruud; 07-02-2019 at 11:09 PM.

ha, there they are, thanks, Ruud! I find both good, and with that "theme", something to think about even. Did you win something?

also thx for the painting explanations, but I would like to ask also about the "content" of the charcoal pic: what does it show behind the bottle? also a clock (Sanduhr), I'd say, but what is in it? and to the left of it, is that a fruit? (which?)
    (i am sorry, I think I recognize things better with colours meanwhile, and this is NO criticism! just want to be sure)

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    ha, there they are, thanks, Ruud! I find both good, and with that "theme", something to think about even. Did you win something?

also thx for the painting explanations, but I would like to ask also about the "content" of the charcoal pic: what does it show behind the bottle? also a clock (Sanduhr), I'd say, but what is in it? and to the left of it, is that a fruit? (which?)
    (i am sorry, I think I recognize things better with colours meanwhile, and this is NO criticism! just want to be sure)
    The fruity looking object is a sunflower and in the hourglass the globe slowly disappears with the passage of time.
    I think it was about twenty years ago and I really have no idea if I had won anything.

ETA: The attachment in post 35 is renewed so maybe it gives you a beter view
    Last edited by Rocky_Ruud; 05-06-2019 at 06:24 PM.
    More Township in real life? ​Check new group messages on a regular basis

Still convinced: change what you can't accept; accept what you can't change

Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 122/Android

Wow Ethan and Rocky, very talented! Post them as you can would love to see the ones you wish to share with us. I can draw "stick people" LOL. Admire folks who have this artistic talent, afraid that one by-passed me by a mile.
    Town: RYAN'S HOPE / Level: 161
    Co-Op: SOS: SAILING ON SOLO / Tag: #SSYJYK / Friend's Code: HT9EQS (Full, but will keep you on Pending List)
    Platform: IOS / Playing April 2016 / Former Member of the Spending Suckers Club, Current Member in Bonkers Club
    Fishdom: 1,533 / Gardenscapes: 1,769