Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: My Paintings

_DD_,
    I will play around with my gallery and see what I can do. Thats actully a little creek.

Anyway, Rocky_Rudd your paintings/charcole is great! Your tree is awesome, and I really like the sandglass art. The city in a bottle is amazing. I do prefer to work with oils, however for something I need to dry quickly, I will use acrylic.You are very talented and I hope you will share more soon!

Thanks Kim, I will post more Friday! I can't do people either, there the hardest part!

Best regards,
    Ethan
    Ethan | Township Wiki Fandom
    Town Name: Starville
    Co-op: T Rose (#RDWF68)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    The fruity looking object is a sunflower and in the hourglass the globe slowly disappears with the passage of time.
    I think it was about twenty years ago and I really have no idea if I had won anything.

ETA: The attachment in post 35 is renewed so maybe it gives you a beter view
    you're a sweetie, Ruud, many thanks! oh I did think it looked like Earth there, in the hourglass!
    so, sustainability was a topic there already 20 years ago; I thought it was newer...
    Is painting still a hobby of yours?

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan View Post
    _DD_,
    I will play around with my gallery and see what I can do. Thats actully a little creek.
    Thank you, Ethan but no extra work on my behalf, pls, esp. now that you told me... I'll just zoom in and out and work with what I have. You go on and post some others you like, pls (in right "position" and with a little description, pls, just like before! and then I can sit back and simply watch and enjoy, while you painters talk about materials and techniques ) - when you are back. We'll be here. (that's a promise and not a threat *g*)

Thanks Kim, I will post more Friday! I can't do people either, there the hardest part!

Best regards,
    Ethan
    Sounds great Ethan, will be checking the Forum. Appreciate you guys taking the extra time to share these things. Kim
    Town: RYAN'S HOPE / Level: 161
    Co-Op: SOS: SAILING ON SOLO / Tag: #SSYJYK / Friend's Code: HT9EQS (Full, but will keep you on Pending List)
    Platform: IOS / Playing April 2016 / Former Member of the Spending Suckers Club, Current Member in Bonkers Club
    Fishdom: 1,533 / Gardenscapes: 1,769

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetness123 View Post
    Wow Ethan and Rocky, very talented! Post them as you can would love to see the ones you wish to share with us. I can draw "stick people" LOL. Admire folks who have this artistic talent, afraid that one by-passed me by a mile.
    ... Anyway, Rocky_Rudd your paintings/charcole is great! Your tree is awesome, and I really like the sandglass art. The city in a bottle is amazing. I do prefer to work with oils, however for something I need to dry quickly, I will use acrylic.You are very talented and I hope you will share more soon!

Thanks Kim, I will post more Friday! I can't do people either, there the hardest part!...
    Thank you, Kim. Drawing stick people is a good start

Ethan, thanks for the compliments. I could fill your days of absence with some more painting work.
    Have a good week!
    Change what you can't accept. Accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 105/Android

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    you're a sweetie, Ruud, many thanks! oh I did think it looked like Earth there, in the hourglass!
    so, sustainability was a topic there already 20 years ago; I thought it was newer...
    Is painting still a hobby of yours?
    You are welcome DD,
    After the Oil paint course I followed a Mandela course and from that kind of drawings I have a lot in stock.
    I guess my last drawing was 2 years ago although I made some sketches for TS Xmas recently.

Here is my first oil painting made during the course. The instruction was to paint a tree or a Forest.
    Since there are a lot of trees in a forest I choose for that last subject.

And here it is. With one tree cut down for physical space.
    Enjoy!
    Last edited by Rocky_Ruud; 07-02-2019 at 11:10 PM. Reason: Rule nr 9
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 105/Android

... After the Oil paint course I followed a Mandela course and from that kind of drawings I have a lot in stock.
    Very funny, young man - do you have ANY idea what comes up when you try to google "Mandela"?!
    right - a LOT. About Nelson M.
    I then saw "Mandela effect" and thought: oh, that could be it, something that has effects into painting or art in general...
    Wrong. Very wrong. (lol)
    Your turn again, Mr. Teacher.

Here is my first oil painting made during the course. The instruction was to paint a tree or a Forest.
    Since there are a lot of trees in a forest I choose for that last subject.
    LOL! true, of course!

And here it is. With one tree cut down for physical space.
    LOL again - I find that idea funny. And like the painting!

You're very talented. The palm tree is beautiful!
    Town: Cedar Spring
    Town Level: 114
    City Building Project: Shipyard
    Zoo Level: 38
    New Attraction: Visit the Walruses in our We the North exhibit!
    Forum Member: December 2015 & 1500+ posts

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    Very funny, young man - do you have ANY idea what comes up when you try to google "Mandela"?!
    right - a LOT. About Nelson M.
    I then saw "Mandela effect" and thought: oh, that could be it, something that has effects into painting or art in general...
    Wrong. Very wrong. (lol)
    Your turn again, Mr. Teacher.

LOL! true, of course!

LOL again - I find that idea funny. And like the painting!
    Oooofff! Did I do it again??? Mandala is the word! *g*g*g*

Thanks for enjoying DD

And the painting of today:

It is the last one on paper. Painting on paper is a good way to start practicing.
    You attach the paper to a wooden surface with paper tape.
    Bob Ross works wet on wet and then your painting can be ready in a day.
    In the course that I followed, we let the paintwork dry for a week before we continued working on it.
    And a painting is only ready when you are really satisfied with it. I still know that from my Dad's paintings.
    So three paintings in about ten months is not a bad result.

About the subject of this painting:
    I really love Sea eagles. They are such impressive birds!
    The tree is inspired by the avenue near my home. It is a gray poplar, also called 'Eye-tree'.
    In Spring these trees have something Magical when the new leaves are just starting to grow.
    The scene as a whole comes from a written meditation from the time I drew images for a local quarterly spiritual magazine.
    Last edited by Rocky_Ruud; 07-02-2019 at 11:11 PM.