Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: My Paintings

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    now, first question is...

what is the 'change of plans': that you can't show the whole pic, or is it not the same as the one you announced above? If the latter: why?
    If the first: why? (no bottom) lol!
    It's the same painting, but I forgot that it contains my full name, which I am not comfortable sharing.

I don't know how that works, classes/courses/tv or local schools/whatever, so am not sure what you are telling us there... "finding" paintings?? do you mean it was one of several templates, or what..?

And yes, it looks cheerful, with all the colo(u)rs, just the squirrels are quite dark... I even saw the nest! but admit I thought the birds in it are still in egg state
    Well courses are where you attend multiple classes at say your local Art Gallery and learn to paint multiple paintings (usually) over time. Where a class is a one-time thing where you learn to paint the whole painting in 2 or 3 hours. TV is usually where you copy what the guy on TV does, but that's different for everybody.

No, the birds we're not in the egg stage, but they were young. The teacher of that course also thought they were in the eggs!
    And if I may ask: what is the white background, its material?
    I didn't take time to get all the wrinkles out, but it's a fabric material that I got from Target, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan View Post
    It's the same painting, but I forgot that it contains my full name, which I am not comfortable sharing.
    oh, of course very wise of you.
    Thanks also for the course/class-explanations!

I didn't take time to get all the wrinkles out, but it's a fabric material that I got from Target, I believe.
    (whatever Target is *g*) But what or what for is it - a blanket, a curtain...?
    it doesn't look like the other paintings one hangs on a wall in a frame?

Fixed! Hope you Enjoy!
    Very nice! Using a stencil is a good idea. Oh and I'm working on a way in the "other " thread to post some of my work. Long story short all my work is at home and I've been away going on two months now. Hopefully this week I can make a proper check in and grab my thumb drive with copies of my work.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightbox View Post
    ...Oh and I'm working on a way in the "other " thread to post some of my work. ...
    Yay!

Fixed davis cup tickets glasgow! Hope you Enjoy!
    I did!
    Last edited by dyer; 06-12-2019 at 01:17 PM.

Paintings withouth painting
    No new paintings from me at the moment but I like to share the Creations my wife Anne produced through the years.
    The story behind these Paintings without painting started during our Honeymoon stay in Paris.
    In a Jewelry store we noticed a Picture frame filled with red roses. It looked really nice!

You know what the Dutchies say about ideas: 'better good stolen than badly made up'.
    So with the Red roses 'Painting' in our mind we bought an empty picture frame, Chicken wire and fishing wire hung behind the frame and the base was ready!
    Through the years she made several Paintings and a few years later we found two frame to hang in the window sill above the Elephants.
    Anne often works with themes like Spring, Winter and so on. A few examples:

Maybe one of you gets inspired by this?
    Last edited by Rocky_Ruud; 07-02-2019 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Rule nr 9

They're beautiful, Ruud (and Anne), and a fascinating idea

Great work Rudd and Anne! The light up ones look great!

Sadly, I am out of paintings, but I'll have a new one up soon!

Ethan this is very good! Night time is hard to do, especially reflections.
    Attachment 41438

Rocky_Ruud loved the pencil and your Kingfisher. I also liked your wife's roses with the light behind them, as well as the winter ice looking piece.

Last edited by Twilight Bookworm; 06-23-2019 at 07:09 PM.

Thank you, Twilight!