Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 118

Thread: My Paintings

  1. #71
    Gold Member Rocky_Ruud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Spijkenisse, The Netherlands
    Posts
    893
    Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    lol, Ethan, if I had some ability to add here, I would have mentioned it the first time you asked. (Wood burning?? creative? lol)

    And thanks for the graphic arts link. I'd still like our newly discovered expert to answer our questions.
    Wouldn't that be fun, woodburning next to a cosy fireplace
    I have a friend in an other game that does woodcreating arts AKA pyrografics.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyrography

  2. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    Wouldn't that be fun, woodburning next to a cosy fireplace
    I have a friend in an other game that does woodcreating arts AKA pyrografics.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyrography
    goodie, that is for real?! I see ... fascinating pics on that page! Thanks, Ruud
    Took me a while then to find the proper translation, cos literally it doesn't make much sense; it's Brandmalerei in German. Also has a lot of possibilities of danger to one's health, as described there... but really amazing results.

  3. #73
    Member Lightbox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    385
    Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    lol, Ethan, if I had some ability to add here, I would have mentioned it the first time you asked. (Wood burning?? creative? lol)

    And thanks for the graphic arts link. I'd still like our newly discovered expert to answer our questions.
    That link pretty much covers it all. I play in the computer graphic arts part. So a mouse pad or pen tablet is my paintbrush, I kinda feel like it's cheating compared to using an actual paintbrush. I made my profile picture out of a software called Blender 3D. Maybe others can use some of their creations as profile pictures?
    Kindle Fire only

    Official township people watcher
    Downloaded March 8, 2014

  4. #74
    Gold Member Rocky_Ruud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Spijkenisse, The Netherlands
    Posts
    893
    Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    what Ethan said, Lighty - just open another thread. I have no idea what "graphics art" is - comics? or different materials in comparison? but isn't painting graphics, too? - so would love to see that.
    Pretty please with sugar on top?
    Consider it done, with a slow start and on an accessible level.
    Here is the link to this thread.
    Last edited by Rocky_Ruud; 05-12-2019 at 10:14 PM.

  5. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightbox View Post
    That link pretty much covers it all. I play in the computer graphic arts part. So a mouse pad or pen tablet is my paintbrush, ...I made my profile picture out of a software called Blender 3D. Maybe others can use some of their creations as profile pictures?
    yes, good idea! and now back to YOUR doings A picture says more than 1000 words, is the saying here.
    And I liked your user pic here from the beginning, cos it translates your name so nicely!
    Would it be possible to show us a few more examples of what your graphics art is, oh just one or two? It's NOT for comparing its 'worthiness' to paintings as "real" pictures, or any other whatever terrible reaction you seem to expect - we're harmless, really (even Bess and I ;-D ) - I'd just like to see some, please

    Ruud opened up a handy thread for it - thanks, Ruud! - and now it would be great to see some more or other hobby results there (the more variants of different players, the better)

    You have probably seen it already, but JIC + for easy finding, in this thread are descriptions how to post a screenshot/pictures.
    Last edited by _DD_; 05-13-2019 at 11:57 AM.

  6. #76
    So I came across a new painting today, which I actually forgot about. This was my actual first painting, which I did about five years ago. I don't remember much about creating this, I do know we were doing this as a family painting and we had a video on. Half way through the painting we paused the video and never started it back, so everybody's painting turned out different. I think it's actually pretty good, however I didn't sign it Smiley like I do my paintings now.

    P_20190518_210516.jpg

    Anyway, _DD_ asked me to show a close-up of my "Smiley" signature and I never responded. (Sorry _DD_) So here is my signature from the first painting I shared with you all.
    Sig.jpg

    Best Regards,
    Ethan
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ethan; 05-19-2019 at 01:25 AM. Reason: Rotated Picture
    Ethan | Township Wiki Fandom
    Town Name: StarVille - Invitation Code: 88USK5
    Co-op: Starville Extreme (I am Admin, by request, Co-op Code: #SKC6HU)

  7. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethan View Post
    ...I do know we were doing this as a family painting and we had a video on. Half way through the painting we paused the video and never started it back, so everybody's painting turned out different. ...
    That sounds thrilling; a pity that video wasn't finished But explain again, pls: with family painting, I thought everyone was on the same painting, but then "everybody's painting" speaks against it. How was the setup; did everyone paint the same, but on their own copy? And what was the topic/task/title? (no, I am not stuttering here *g* just undecided)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethan View Post
    Anyway, _DD_ asked me to show a close-up of my "Smiley" signature and I never responded. (Sorry _DD_) So here is my signature from the first painting I shared with you all.
    n/p, Ethan, you were busy; thank you for getting back to it! It's funny! and I didn't expect it like that, lol. Rather like the smiley in your other, the first painting you showed in that post =>
    It might not happen, I hope for you, but I imagine it could be copied quite easily. Do you still use it?

  8. #78
    Gold Member Rocky_Ruud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Spijkenisse, The Netherlands
    Posts
    893
    Regardless of age or being able to draw / paint properly, making a group drawing or family painting is a really fun thing to do. Especially for the Forummers here with children, this is an invitation to give it a try!
    I remember that we worked on a paper together during the Mandala course. It gave a very surprising result!

    Just like with drawing and painting, you develop signing until you are satisfied with it. Just like Robbie Williams, my initials consisted of the first letters of my first and last name. Later I started using my full first name.
    Last edited by Rocky_Ruud; 05-19-2019 at 10:50 AM.
    Change what you can't accept. Accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 104/Android

  9. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    That sounds thrilling; a pity that video wasn't finished But explain again, pls: with family painting, I thought everyone was on the same painting, but then "everybody's painting" speaks against it. How was the setup; did everyone paint the same, but on their own copy? And what was the topic/task/title? (no, I am not stuttering here *g* just undecided)
    The painting was another Bob Ross painting that was suppose to be a barn landscape and fence. When we were halfway through the painting we stopped the video and everyone started making the painting there own, after that you couldn't even tell everyone was painting the same thing. Mine had a house and water, which was not part of the painting. One family member added a cliff and mountains in the backgrounds, while another family member painted added a silo and house surrounded by flowers with a dirt road to give it a country feel. It was suppose to be the same painting, but everyone's turned out different. I am not sure exactly which painting this is, and I couldn't find it with a google search. If I figure it out, I'll let you know.

    Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    n/p, Ethan, you were busy; thank you for getting back to it! It's funny! and I didn't expect it like that, lol. Rather like the smiley in your other, the first painting you showed in that post =>
    It might not happen, I hope for you, but I imagine it could be copied quite easily. Do you still use it?
    Still, wish I replied sooner. I began signing as Smiley like pictured above, but not I follow it up with a .

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    Regardless of age or being able to draw / paint properly, making a group drawing or family painting is a really fun thing to do. Especially for the Forummers here with children, this is an invitation to give it a try!
    I remember that we worked on a paper together during the Mandala course. It gave a very surprising result!

    Just like with drawing and painting, you develop signing until you are satisfied with it. Just like Robbie Williams, my initials consisted of the first letters of my first and last name. Later I started using my full first name.
    Yes, it is I still go to classes with family and it's very fun especially when you have a good teacher! I hope this thread will inspire others to paint and share, especially children. I have never heard of or worked with the Mandala style, but it seems very interesting, so I may give it a try.

    Yes, signing my signature was a tricky one. As you can see I started out signing it as Smiley what's not pictured here is I now follow it up with a on my newer paintings. Also, I sign my test papers (I test things on paper before putting it to canvas) with a simple , I don't really know why, but I do.
    Ethan | Township Wiki Fandom
    Town Name: StarVille - Invitation Code: 88USK5
    Co-op: Starville Extreme (I am Admin, by request, Co-op Code: #SKC6HU)

  10. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethan View Post
    The painting was another Bob Ross painting that was suppose to be a barn landscape and fence. When we were halfway through the painting we stopped the video and everyone started making the painting there own, after that you couldn't even tell everyone was painting the same thing.
    Mine had a house and water, which was not part of the painting. One family member added a cliff and mountains in the backgrounds, while another family member painted added a silo and house surrounded by flowers with a dirt road to give it a country feel. It was suppose to be the same painting, but everyone's turned out different.
    Too good! Thanks for sharing!

    I am not sure exactly which painting this is, and I couldn't find it with a google search. If I figure it out, I'll let you know.
    and I admit I am not sure now (googling it? the one you posted?), which painting you are talking about here - not yours anymore?

    Still, wish I replied sooner.
    Contradicting, eh? a hint: It is healthier for you, if you are not more strict with yourself than the one who asked. Think about it

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •