Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: Island artifacts: have they stopped?

  1. #11
    This is the response I received from Customer Support:

    "Hi there,

    Thanks for your patience. I'm really sorry that the game is giving you problems! We double-checked your account and weren't able to find anything wrong: the collection artifacts are generated randomly and we are technically not able to influence that, unfortunately.

    If you have any other questions, please submit a new report and describe the situation in as much detail as possible.

    As soon as we get your reply, we'll do our best to help. Have a good day!"

    So, I must decide if all the platinum ingots are worth the artifact hunt! Yesterday, 8 ingots got me 1 brick, 2 slabs, 2 T-cash, and 15,650 coins, plus 72 island products. Tough call!
    One-Eye 57 town name: Tundra Prime
    started Township: Feb. 16, 2016 Platform: IOS (on iPad)
    Town Level: 177; Zoo: 188/188.
    Co-Op: Cajun Country 2 (w/ green shield & butterfly) #CJEG7J

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by One-Eye 57 View Post
    ...
    So, I must decide if all the platinum ingots are worth the artifact hunt! Yesterday, 8 ingots got me 1 brick, 2 slabs, 2 T-cash, and 15,650 coins, plus 72 island products. ...
    The result doesn't seem overwhelming... but the question is also, what else you can do with these ingots - are you still updating factories?
    In any case, having a goal at all is certainly an advantage, in this game also

    and! you got a fast answer!

  3. #13
    DD,
    Still have few factories below the 50% mark for time - a goal for all my factories. Then I will work max out XP bonus. At my level, coins are not a big incentive - 9.5M right now.
    But, low and behold, after 2 months without an artifact from the islands, and 1 day after contacting Customer Service, an artifact shows up in the floating Chest! Didn't cost a single ingot!
    Suspicious coincidence even if C.S. says they cannot influence these random game events!
    One-Eye 57 town name: Tundra Prime
    started Township: Feb. 16, 2016 Platform: IOS (on iPad)
    Town Level: 177; Zoo: 188/188.
    Co-Op: Cajun Country 2 (w/ green shield & butterfly) #CJEG7J

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by One-Eye 57 View Post
    DD,
    Still have few factories below the 50% mark for time - a goal for all my factories. Then I will work max out XP bonus. At my level, coins are not a big incentive - 9.5M right now.
    Yep, same here, working on time; and each time I have to make 25 or 29 bronze ingots, I wish they had left it at our own choice, when to upgrade what. Ah well, I can even understand the change there... out of curiosity, why XP? think it helps with levelling up faster (only); so, what for?

    LOL at your coins remark! I've seen such from other high levels, too I guess you don't buy deco, hm?
    For me, the only good thing about having to upgrade coins in my factories is indeed, that I slowly am collecting coins.

    btw, I assume M means million? and - not sure - was it only the billion that counts differently in English vs German, or the million, too? (what amounts are we talking about <g> )


    Quote Originally Posted by One-Eye 57 View Post
    But, low and behold, after 2 months without an artifact from the islands, and 1 day after contacting Customer Service, an artifact shows up in the floating Chest! Didn't cost a single ingot!
    Suspicious coincidence even if C.S. says they cannot influence these random game events!
    I can understand that feeling The only time in the last months, that I saw a different start sentence than the ONE about finding a building in your town (which doesn't work for things you can still buy, btw), was when I had mentioned it here. Happened ONCE after that. Since then, only the one same sentence every time.

    Congrats, btw! ... hm, maybe you should write daily to CS now...? ;-D

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    Yep, same here, working on time; and each time I have to make 25 or 29 bronze ingots, I wish they had left it at our own choice, when to upgrade what. Ah well, I can even understand the change there... out of curiosity, why XP? think it helps with levelling up faster (only); so, what for?
    I put XP ahead of coins because of the periodic "rewards" for advances, and the 5 T-cash for each new level.

    Yes, M is for Million - 9,500,000. Have a fully decorated town, so I do use coins but not excessively. Have more than 200 decor items in storage.

    Good luck with your own town development. Been nearly 40 years since I've spent any time in Deutschland; my command of the German language has disappeared from lack of use. Thanks for using English!
    One-Eye 57 town name: Tundra Prime
    started Township: Feb. 16, 2016 Platform: IOS (on iPad)
    Town Level: 177; Zoo: 188/188.
    Co-Op: Cajun Country 2 (w/ green shield & butterfly) #CJEG7J

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by One-Eye 57 View Post
    I put XP ahead of coins because of the periodic "rewards" for advances, and the 5 T-cash for each new level.
    Yes, M is for Million - 9,500,000. Have a fully decorated town, so I do use coins but not excessively. Have more than 200 decor items in storage.
    Thanks for your explanations, Vincent, IC now yes, I used the big Edit the other day in my town, put ALL away, and was a bit surprised that I had over 1k deco items in my box... wow.
    (it's down to ~ 800 now a<g>ain.)

    Quote Originally Posted by One-Eye 57 View Post
    Good luck with your own town development. Been nearly 40 years since I've spent any time in Deutschland; my command of the German language has disappeared from lack of use. Thanks for using English!
    Thanks for the wishes, and for saying thank you and oooha, that makes me curious, what you did do here! you maybe want to start a thread in the Lounge with something about it? <hopeful look with big eyes> Maybe some questions left re. anything you heard in German, which we could clear up, in case you need a "better" reason than talking about yourself?
    Last edited by _DD_; 05-06-2019 at 08:10 AM. Reason: making wish clearer, hopefully

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    Thanks for the wishes, and for saying thank you and oooha, that makes me curious, what you did do here! you maybe want to start a thread in the Lounge with something about it? <hopeful look with big eyes> Maybe some questions left re. anything you heard in German, which we could clear up, in case you need a "better" reason than talking about yourself?
    DD, check out "Louisiana--Germany Connection" in the Lounge, as per your suggestion.
    One-Eye 57 town name: Tundra Prime
    started Township: Feb. 16, 2016 Platform: IOS (on iPad)
    Town Level: 177; Zoo: 188/188.
    Co-Op: Cajun Country 2 (w/ green shield & butterfly) #CJEG7J

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by One-Eye 57 View Post
    But, low and behold, after 2 months without an artifact from the islands, and 1 day after contacting Customer Service, an artifact shows up in the floating Chest! Didn't cost a single ingot!
    Suspicious coincidence even if C.S. says they cannot influence these random game events!
    While it is gauche to quote one's self, I felt compelled to return to this thread. Went 2 months with no island artifacts, no matter how many platinum ingots I used. So I questioned Customer Service, who told me they could not influence the appearance of artifacts in sea chests. But, one day after their response, I suddenly get an artifact! Then, today, just 2 days after the artifact drought is broken, I get TWO artifacts in one set of returning ships!! My suspicion remains!!! But I am pleased to be back at closing in on that achievement star!
    One-Eye 57 town name: Tundra Prime
    started Township: Feb. 16, 2016 Platform: IOS (on iPad)
    Town Level: 177; Zoo: 188/188.
    Co-Op: Cajun Country 2 (w/ green shield & butterfly) #CJEG7J

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by One-Eye 57 View Post
    While it is gauche to quote one's self
    It is what, please? and why? (can find it only as meaning "left")


    Quote Originally Posted by One-Eye 57 View Post
    Then, today, just 2 days after the artifact drought is broken, I get TWO artifacts
    THAT is of course the correct and simple explanation... the bad magic spell is broken. You prolly have a benevolent magician in your neighborhood.

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    It is what, please? and why? (can find it only as meaning "left")
    "Gauche" is French for "left," but it can mean "socially inappropriate" or "impolite" in English. It goes back to medieval concept that left-handed people were cursed by the devil.


    Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    THAT is of course the correct and simple explanation... the bad magic spell is broken. You prolly have a benevolent magician in your neighborhood.
    How appropriate to note that I am now blessed rather than cursed! Could you be the benevolent magician?!

    Vincent
    One-Eye 57 town name: Tundra Prime
    started Township: Feb. 16, 2016 Platform: IOS (on iPad)
    Town Level: 177; Zoo: 188/188.
    Co-Op: Cajun Country 2 (w/ green shield & butterfly) #CJEG7J

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •