Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Island artifacts: have they stopped?

Island artifacts: have they stopped?

From the time of the Zoo update, I have noticed I no longer get artifacts from the sea chests. Is this just me?

I only need 10 more artifacts to complete the Museum collection. I have all those from the mine, but the island collection remain incomplete. With so few missing, I gave a lot of time to see if it's just a matter of extreme rarity.

I have sent an in-game request to customer support, but if others are having the same or a different experience, it would help to resolve my question.

Thanks in advance for any shared experiences!

Vincent
    One-Eye 57 town name: Tundra Prime
    started Township: Feb. 16, 2016 Platform: IOS (on iPad)
    Town Level: 177; Zoo: 188/188.
    Co-Op: Cajun Country 2 (w/ green shield & butterfly) #CJEG7J

Hey one-eye. I am still getting them from the sea. Wasn't from the Mine, but Charlie told me to look at Achievements and sure enough I had finished my Mine Exhibits. Anyway, just wanted you to know, no problem on my end. They don't come very often, but I am still getting them from the sea. Good luck, Kim
    Town: RYAN'S HOPE / Level: 161
    Co-Op: SOS: SAILING ON SOLO / Tag: #SSYJYK / Friend's Code: HT9EQS (Full, but will keep you on Pending List)
    Platform: IOS / Playing April 2016 / Former Member of the Spending Suckers Club, Current Member in Bonkers Club
    Fishdom: 1,533 / Gardenscapes: 1,769

Hi Vincent,
    Yes, I just got one from the ships yesterday and completed a new museum collection. So everything seems to be working fine for me.

Best Regards,
    Ethan
    Ethan | Township Wiki Fandom
    Town Name: Starville
    Co-op: T Rose (#RDWF68)

Hey Vincent, I am also still getting artifacts from the sea. I still need over 140 artifacts though so am sure only needing 10 will make a big difference (of course it shouldn't mean getting them is non-existent).

Like Kim I have completed the mine exhibits, so I am using ingots on my ships to work on the sea exhibits. Very annoying I must say when I use a Platinum Ingot and get some dynamite! However the artifacts are dribbling through in my chests.
    Co-op name: War of the Roses / Co-op code:#WRY74Y / Platform: Kindle.
    Town name: Downton / Town Level: 139/ Friend Code: Y7UZA5 Full but happy to keep you on pending list
    New to the game? Check out the New to Township section right here on the forum for useful info & tips .

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    Very annoying I must say when I use a Platinum Ingot and get some dynamite! However the artifacts are dribbling through in my chests.
    I know right Downton? I stopped doing this after a while, but will put an ingot in to get a certain product for Regatta. Even after playing for over 3 years now, it's amazing that I still have a long way to go on collecting sea artifacts, but it gives me something to look forward to, and I get quite excited when that trunk pops open and that elusive sea artifact is there (LOL).
    Town: RYAN'S HOPE / Level: 161
    Co-Op: SOS: SAILING ON SOLO / Tag: #SSYJYK / Friend's Code: HT9EQS (Full, but will keep you on Pending List)
    Platform: IOS / Playing April 2016 / Former Member of the Spending Suckers Club, Current Member in Bonkers Club
    Fishdom: 1,533 / Gardenscapes: 1,769

Thanks for all the replies. Glad all of you are still receiving artifacts. However, now I must wonder if the game is personally out to get me!!!!

Not getting an artifact in 2 months, but using ingots multiple times each week -- my barn currently holds 57 lobster, 54 pineapples, 50 plums, and 35 limes, (a testament to how often I get a full complement of fruit products) -- makes me wonder about this super rarity of artifacts.

There are only 3 artifacts I have never seen, and the remaining 7 I need are either 1 or 2 of some I have already received. But it is stopping me from getting that final star in Achievements!

Oh well . . . they might arrive before I receive a satisfactory reply from customer service -- an equally rare artifact of this game!

Quote Originally Posted by One-Eye 57 View Post
    ... However, now I must wonder if the game is personally out to get me!!!!
    yes, that must be it! :-D Instead of working on the Frequently Suggested Ideas-list, they are aaall out to hide your sea artifacts in dark places! wonder what you did to get their attention!
    (and I'm really just joking - sometimes it feels rather, as if f.e. the market is helping me )

Oh well . . . they might arrive before I receive a satisfactory reply from customer service -- an equally rare artifact of this game!
    ROFL! I hope you got the automatic reply at least?

DD, I did receive and reply to the automatic reply to keep the ticket open.

Whoever designed the game algorithms seems to get planes & trains to check barn supplies because they not only want the same things at the same time, they also want whatever I previously had in abundance and chose to sell off just before these demanding vessels arrive!

As the guy who fell off the bridge and onto a boat said, "It doesn't hurt too bad; I'm used to hardships!"

... they also want whatever I previously had in abundance and chose to sell off just before these demanding vessels arrive!
    and that's exactly why I don't sell my stuff from the barn :-D (except the building materials)
    although it's such a pain, not being able to empty the market!
    And I have the impression that the amounts that are asked for in crates and rows, have increased, since level 100 maybe. Gone are the times of being asked ONE cotton...! (ok, that was in the baby town of a Coop partner, but it did happen!)

As the guy who fell off the bridge and onto a boat said, "It doesn't hurt too bad; I'm used to hardships!"
    So he did, lol. A play with words, love it (when I get it)! thanks

Crossing fingers for your reply - soon and satisfying!

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetness123 View Post
    I know right Downton? I stopped doing this after a while, but will put an ingot in to get a certain product for Regatta. Even after playing for over 3 years now, it's amazing that I still have a long way to go on collecting sea artifacts, but it gives me something to look forward to, and I get quite excited when that trunk pops open and that elusive sea artifact is there (LOL).
    I think it is a long process to get these artifacts Kim, but as you say it gives us something still to work on .

I get excited when an actual artifact is in the chest as well! After sending about 12 boats with platinum or gold ingots (so not every boat gave me a chest )I just got one, and found myself doing the happy dance .

Thanks for all the replies. Glad all of you are still receiving artifacts. However, now I must wonder if the game is personally out to get me!!!!
    <........... >
    You're welcome Vincent. Lol I have wondered sometimes myself if the game is out to get me!

And hah so true, I hope your boats do indeed bring you an elusive artifact before the conclusion of your CS enquiry. That could still be some time yet .
    Co-op name: War of the Roses / Co-op code:#WRY74Y / Platform: Kindle.
    Town name: Downton / Town Level: 139/ Friend Code: Y7UZA5 Full but happy to keep you on pending list
    New to the game? Check out the New to Township section right here on the forum for useful info & tips .