Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    A wonderful memory Ruud, and a great inspiration for your special area .

Thanks Kim, it's been a real pleasure to share my little story .

Thanks again Ruud and Anna, such a sweet thread. Loved reading and seeing pics of yours and Magnolias' stories behind your special areas .
    Co-op name: War of the Roses / Co-op code:#WRY74Y / Platform: Kindle.
    Town name: Downton / Town Level: 135/ Friend Code: Y7UZA5 Full but happy to keep you on pending list
    New to the game? Check out the New to Township section right here on the forum for useful info & tips, & Township Wiki for even more info .

I like many places in my town. One is the area around Notre Dame with the medieval buildings behind it:

E56D02A1-FD13-4F0C-B2AA-3EFD8EA10A29.jpg

The other one is the little village, which has been surrounded by the ever-growing town:

AE3B89DE-2F58-42C6-834D-7AB39DCA49F5.jpg
    ———————-
    Town: Mieszkaniowo, JMU4F4, level 77, playing on ios
    Coop: Hardworking riders, #HRKCZ3
    playing since august 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Zimbelstern View Post
    ....The other one is the little village, which has been surrounded by the ever-growing town:

AE3B89DE-2F58-42C6-834D-7AB39DCA49F5.jpg
    Do you have a story/memory about why you created this area Z?
    Town name: Downton / Town Level: 135/ Friend Code: Y7UZA5 Full but happy to keep you on pending list
    New to the game? Check out the New to Township section right here on the forum for useful info & tips, & Township Wiki for even more info .

A personal note that isn’t specifically about my town, but all township towns with “little villages” of identical little houses:
    I live in one of these real-life villages, adjoining a slightly larger “company” town (that even has foundaries lol). At the end of WWII, the company built this village for its employees returning from the war. There were only four designs for the whole development, sometimes built as flipped, mirror images. Over the years, most have been added on to and modified but you can still she the resemblances.
    Does anyone know the song: Little boxes on the hillside, Little boxes made of ticky-tacky, Little boxes on the hillside, And they all look just the same!
    Solo Co-op: MaggieTs #MGRZ48

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    Do you have a story/memory about why you created this area Z?
    I’ve been living most of my life in Frankfurt/Main, in a suburb, which was once a three hours walk from the city (now it’s 20 minutes by public transport). It was amazing to be in a village and a big city at the same time. Then I have been working in the municipal archive in Frankfurt/Main for some years and had to do quite a lot with town development, structural and historical. I found it very interesting to find different layers of development and microcosms in a big town. In the end Frankfurt is an accumulation of small villages, and the inhabitants hold their traditions dear.
    ———————-
    Town: Mieszkaniowo, JMU4F4, level 77, playing on ios
    Coop: Hardworking riders, #HRKCZ3
    playing since august 2018

Thanks for the background to your little village surrounded by town Z. That really does sound unusual and very special . Also how interesting to work IRL in the municipal archive in Frankfurt/Main. Very fascinating .

Quote Originally Posted by Magnolia Township View Post
    Does anyone know the song: Little boxes on the hillside, Little boxes made of ticky-tacky, Little boxes on the hillside, And they all look just the same!
    As sung by Pete Seeger?. My parents had an LP from him. I heard this often as child. The melody was directly in my ears when I saw the lyrics
    Last edited by Monaco; 05-03-2019 at 02:24 PM.
    Town: Monaco - lvl 94, 44BMN5
    Coop: Monaco Bagage - #MN8GZW
    Android

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco View Post
    As sung by Pete Seeger?. My parents had an LP from him. I heard this often as child. The melody was directly in my ears when I saw the lyrics
    THat’s the one!

I didn't think I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco View Post
    Thanks, I looked it up on YouTube. I recognize it more sung by the woman he mentions in the vid I watched, Malvina Reynolds.

THat’s the one!
    Yes Magnolia, and now it's stuck playing over and over again in my brain!

You’re welcome!
    Walk Off the Earth does a cover video on YouTube that ends with a kind of Township tableau...