Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 38
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnolia Township View Post
    ...
    Walk Off the Earth does a cover video on YouTube that ends with a kind of Township tableau...
    LOL, great, really - I had also searched it and found Malvina Reynolds' version, and now had to go look again!
    so, this one, I guess?

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LM8JhvfoqdA

    you're right - a pity the last pic is not more colo(u)rful, but it's understandable, of course.

    Thanks, Magnolia, for something new I must admit it will not become my favo(u)rite song, and TS seems not as boring to me (but the song "translation" of that feeling is well done!)

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnolia Township View Post
    You’re welcome!
    Walk Off the Earth does a cover video on YouTube that ends with a kind of Township tableau...
    Nice connection in the video at the end Magnolia, they do a great cover of the song as well . Having listened to it being sung by 3 different people/bands now, I expect it to play on a continual loop in my head for the foreseeable future.

    There are worse things I'm sure, ROFL. So thanks again .

    Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    LOL, great, really - I had also searched it and found Malvina Reynolds' version, and now had to go look again!
    so, this one, I guess?

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LM8JhvfoqdA

    .......Thanks, Magnolia, for something new I must admit it will not become my favo(u)rite song....
    Thanks for adding the link DD I admit also this will not become my favourite song, lol.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    Thanks for adding the link DD I admit also this will not become my favourite song, lol.
    Most welcome, Downton and lol at the 'continual loop'! yes, for a non-fav it was quite obstinate! (stubborn? pig-headed? ...PIG-headed?!! lol! )

  4. #24
    Gold Member Rocky_Ruud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Spijkenisse, The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,232
    Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    A wonderful memory Ruud, and a great inspiration for your special area ...
    .... Thanks again Ruud and Anna, such a sweet thread. Loved reading and seeing pics of yours and Magnolias' stories behind your special areas .
    Thank you Downton. And I noticed the difference between Facebook and the Forum in the way people react. On FB it is one day but really booming, so I had some work to do in giving responses to a lot of stories spots that where shared over there. The Forum is more relaxed, the flow of reactions is a longer wave for days weeks or even months.

    Quote Originally Posted by Magnolia Township View Post
    A personal note that isn’t specifically about my town, but all township towns with “little villages” of identical little houses:
    I live in one of these real-life villages, adjoining a slightly larger “company” town (that even has foundaries lol). At the end of WWII, the company built this village for its employees returning from the war. There were only four designs for the whole development, sometimes built as flipped, mirror images. Over the years, most have been added on to and modified but you can still she the resemblances.
    Does anyone know the song: Little boxes on the hillside, Little boxes made of ticky-tacky, Little boxes on the hillside, And they all look just the same!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zimbelstern View Post
    I’ve been living most of my life in Frankfurt/Main, in a suburb, which was once a three hours walk from the city (now it’s 20 minutes by public transport). It was amazing to be in a village and a big city at the same time. Then I have been working in the municipal archive in Frankfurt/Main for some years and had to do quite a lot with town development, structural and historical. I found it very interesting to find different layers of development and microcosms in a big town. In the end Frankfurt is an accumulation of small villages, and the inhabitants hold their traditions dear.
    Thank you for sharing Magnolia and Z,
    In my home town there are a few spots that look like a little village, so in my TS town there is one too.
    little village.jpg
    It reminds me of a little village that totally disappeared because it had to make room for the upcoming Industry in late 50's.
    It was the place my dad was born. Only the town hall was removed and rebuilded in Rotterdam.
    And that same town hall was the place I had my first Wedding ceremony in.
    With a little imagination there could be found memorable places (and stories) in your town.

    If only it is the fireplace of the Wild West season to sing together the songs we love the most
    Change what you can't accept. Accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 111/Android

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    Most welcome, Downton and lol at the 'continual loop'! yes, for a non-fav it was quite obstinate! (stubborn? pig-headed? ...PIG-headed?!! lol! )
    Lol pig-headed indeed, isnt this always the case with non-fave songs!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    Thank you Downton. And I noticed the difference between Facebook and the Forum in the way people react. On FB it is one day but really booming, so I had some work to do in giving responses to a lot of stories spots that where shared over there. The Forum is more relaxed, the flow of reactions is a longer wave for days weeks or even months.
    Glad to hear you have had such a positive response to the thread on FB Ruud, I can imagine the reaction is much more instant there!


    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    In my home town there are a few spots that look like a little village, so in my TS town there is one too.

    It reminds me of a little village that totally disappeared because it had to make room for the upcoming Industry in late 50's.
    It was the place my dad was born. Only the town hall was removed and rebuilded in Rotterdam.
    And that same town hall was the place I had my first Wedding ceremony in.
    With a little imagination there could be found memorable places (and stories) in your town.

    If only it is the fireplace of the Wild West season to sing together the songs we love the most
    Another lovely story .You have also triggered a wonderful memory for me Ruud. I will not share it yet until I have created it in my town .

  6. #26
    When I imagine living in my town, I'm on the beach. My town has a really lovely and extensive beach resort area. It's my dream spot.
    Town: Cedar Spring
    Town Level: 115
    Wildscapes Level: 546 (Max Level)
    Wildscapes Areas Finished: Asian Jungle, African Savannah & Arctic Tundra
    Forum Member: December 2015

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Bethany Clarke View Post
    When I imagine living in my town, I'm on the beach. My town has a really lovely and extensive beach resort area. It's my dream spot.
    Hi Bethany nice to see you back on the forum, don't think I met you since I joined, so hello .
    Boy you've been busy making up for lost time! (keeping the mods busy ).

    In this thread it's being asked if you have a special spot that pays homage to special moments of memories and to share them. Is your beach area special for a reason? Or do you have another area in your town with a story behind it? If so would be great to hear about it .

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    Hi Bethany nice to see you back on the forum, don't think I met you since I joined, so hello .
    Boy you've been busy making up for lost time! (keeping the mods busy ).

    In this thread it's being asked if you have a special spot that pays homage to special moments of memories and to share them. Is your beach area special for a reason? Or do you have another area in your town with a story behind it? If so would be great to hear about it .
    Beach areas have special meaning for me because I had a particularly memorable spring break in a rented bungalow on a Florida beach. Also, I've traveled with my dad, who is career military, and we've been stationed in some countries with very nice beaches.

    P.S. Nice to meet you, too. I usually have to catch up months of posts when I come back, and yes, I like to contribute as much as I can when I get back. Alas, school keeps me very busy most of the time.
    Town: Cedar Spring
    Town Level: 115
    Wildscapes Level: 546 (Max Level)
    Wildscapes Areas Finished: Asian Jungle, African Savannah & Arctic Tundra
    Forum Member: December 2015

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Bethany Clarke View Post
    Beach areas have special meaning for me because I had a particularly memorable spring break in a rented bungalow on a Florida beach. Also, I've traveled with my dad, who is career military, and we've been stationed in some countries with very nice beaches.

    P.S. Nice to meet you, too. I usually have to catch up months of posts when I come back, and yes, I like to contribute as much as I can when I get back. Alas, school keeps me very busy most of the time.
    They are lovely memories, thanks for sharing. I can see why you love your beach .

    As I said it's nice to see you back here .

  10. #30
    Gold Member Rocky_Ruud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Spijkenisse, The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,232
    Welcome Bethany,
    Thank you for sharing your story.
    I guess you develope some more beach area on the right sight f your town

    And Downton, you are really guarding this topic and that suits you!
    Thank you for doing that!
    Change what you can't accept. Accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 111/Android

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •