Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your Town's Special Spot?

Hey Townshippers!

Do you guys have spots in your towns that pay homage to some very special moments or dearest memories of yours? 🤗🌹

Show us those remarkable places and tell the stories behind them 🌅

Huge thanks to Rocky_Ruud for coming up with this great discussion topic 😻🎉

Thanks Anna and Ruud for this thread, great idea. I look forward to reading the reasons behind some players town designs .

I will kick it off with a couple of my own.

With recent events IRL Notre Dame has a special place in my heart and town .

IMG_20190501_211324.jpg

Also it is no secret I love my Easter decs and that they have pride of place in my town all year round. What I haven't mentioned before is my main reason behind this. I wasn't baptised until I was in my 30's. It was a very special occasion for me, with wonderful memories, and my local church held my baptism on Easter Sunday . I made amazing friends who organized a lovely buffet in the Town Hall afterwards. I still have keepsakes from that day in a shoe box that I decorated.

IMG_20190501_210546.jpg

I posted about this spot back in the Prehistoric season thread but, at the time, I didn’t have the land cleared for it...
    It represents Penticton, a city in the Okanagan valley of my province, British Columbia. It sits between two lakes. The northern one is home to Ogopogo, Nessie’s cousin. There are lots of wineries in the area and my daughter and son-in-law held their wedding at one named Painted Rock after the pictographs painted on the rocks above it by First Nations people. It seemed like a bit of serendipity when the various decos showed up.

ETA: oops! Ogopogo took a dive as I took the picture lol
    ~Magnolia~
    🇨🇦Canada🇨🇦

Adding my thanks to Ruud and Anna for starting this discussion. I often see towns that are beautiful to look at even though the inspiration behind them is only known to the mayor. Downton, now that I know the story of your Easter display, it is even more lovely!
    ~Magnolia~
    🇨🇦Canada🇨🇦

Thanks Magnolia .

That really is a lovely story behind your display Magnolia. Its amazing how the decorations to create such a special place/memory appeared in the game for you!

And ROFL! Ogopogo taking a dive when you took the picture is even more realistic .

Anna and the Dev's you are welcome and I like to thank you for the way you created this thread.
    And of course many thanks to everyone who made a contribution to this thread or will do in near future. What would it be with your support?

So now it is my turn? In my town there are many places I really love.
    If it isn't my Township Aeronautic and Space Area (TASA), my Zoo or the Medieval Parc with its Castle it would be the Holiday Parc, a great place to relax. A place with memories is the area around the Kindergarten and Petting zoo remembering at my childhood. I was born in a small appartment next to a small shopping centre and the Petting zoo played a big role in my youth.
    childhood .jpg
    But for this topic there is one special spot I like to mention.
    I rearranged my town recently and placed the Russian cathedral in the middle of a new residential area.
    The story behind this special building:...
    Russian Museum.jpg
    My Dad passed away a few years ago and some weeks before he died he had a repeating dream he told me about.
    He was with me in a Russian museum and in the middle of a big room there stood a machine that produced toys.
    It was a special moment in this sad period.
    My dad was a mechanic in his working life and he used to make toys for us, his four children
    He made a puppet house, a crane, a go-kart, a stable to keep toy cow in and many more things.
    Missing him a lot but this spot comforts me.

Please feel free to create a special spot in your town and share it with us if you like to
    Last edited by Rocky_Ruud; 05-02-2019 at 03:13 PM.
    Change what you can't accept. Accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 111/Android

Wow guys, some great stories here, wiping some tears away... it amazes me how folks will put their personal experiences in the creation of their towns, very touching. I saw one town named Adam's Heaven, and I wondered if maybe they had lost a son and created a little slice of Heaven in their memory. Thanks Anna, nice thread.
    Town: RYAN'S HOPE / Level: 161
    Co-Op: SOS: SAILING ON SOLO / Tag: #SSYJYK / Friend's Code: HT9EQS (Full, but will keep you on Pending List)
    Platform: IOS / Playing April 2016 / Former Member of the Spending Suckers Club, Current Member in Bonkers Club
    Fishdom: 1,533 / Gardenscapes: 1,769

Thank you Sweetness and of course Downton and Magnolia.
    Just added some pictures to my first post

Ruud, now we know where your talent for creating and building such wonderful, imaginative displays came from!
    ~Magnolia~
    🇨🇦Canada🇨🇦

Quote Originally Posted by Magnolia Township View Post
    Ruud, now we know where your talent for creating and building such wonderful, imaginative displays came from!
    Yes, my father is certainly the one who brought it to my genes