Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tool Exchange

Tool exchange

I'm passed level 60, bought the tool exchange and the appropriate community buildings to use with it and still it's useless. The buildings are not asking for the tools from the tool exchange. Which is a waste of purchasing it, but I guess with all the reviews saying how bad it is maybe I'm lucky.

Checked for an update but couldn't find one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy Walker Ardoin View Post
    Everyone asked for separate store for upgrade materials, not something you have to exchange your materials for more materials though. You have to trade what you need to complete your building for more tools you need to build your buildings.

It is an endless circle 😤
    By the time the tool exchange came around, I only had 1 factory left to build. This game is getting too confusing -- agree it is an endless circle. I would like to see the game simplified, not more stuff added. I pity people who still have a lot of building to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Neighbor Jane View Post
    By the time the tool exchange came around, I only had 1 factory left to build. This game is getting too confusing -- agree it is an endless circle. I would like to see the game simplified, not more stuff added. I pity people who still have a lot of building to do.
    So do I. I only have the 1 newest community building to build with it and I'm completely frustrated! I can't imagine how newer players must be feeling. When I officially finished building up my town via community buildings more than 2 years ago, the residential houses and apartment buildings didn't require the tool exchange to finish off. I hope that's still the case, otherwise, this situation I'm in is about to get a whole lot worse! lol
    Town: Cedar Spring
    Town Level: 113
    City Building Project: Animal Hospital
    Zoo Level: 37
    New Attraction: Visit the Tapirs in our Water World exhibit!
    Co-op: Spring's Bounty #SPRUXS (We are recruiting)
    Playrix Forum Member Since: Dec 2015 & 1,500+ posts

Interesting .i am at level 69 and like you have not invested in the zoo and probably won’t . I am just playing for pleasure and do not need the stress either, am about to dive into getting the tool exchange but am nervous about using it as I have lots of tools and struggling for barn spaces
    Not sure how it works either

Quote Originally Posted by Jdelacr View Post
    I like the tool exchange. I have completed the last 4 community buildings using it. Instead of having to store about 300 materials all at once, I only need to have about 150 to complete my building. I use the remaining spots for more crucial items.

While not the best solution, this is Playrix response to the countless suggestions that begged for “new storage for building tools”

I'm at level 116. I have a complete zoo with every animal and every building in town. Is there any reason to save all the tools I'm making and taking up barn space? I thought you make tools to upgrade buildings, but not sure how you do that if that's possible. Any answers would be appreiated.

If that's the case, then they failed miserably. First of all, people asked for new storage for building materials so we would have more space in our barns. The point of the request was to give us a place for tools that wasn't the barn. Since the tool exchange doesn't change that and all our tools, including the new ones, are all still stored in the barn, this desire has not been met even remotely. Secondly, nobody wanted more tools. Adding 3 new tools to collect is exactly the opposite of what most players making the request wanted. Third, needing to use up basic materials to get the new, shiny tools means a guaranteed shortage for most players of those basic materials, especially if you want to work on your zoo at all.

If this is Playrix's idea of "helping" us, lol, no thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by teetogo View Post
    I'm at level 116. I have a complete zoo with every animal and every building in town. Is there any reason to save all the tools I'm making and taking up barn space? I thought you make tools to upgrade buildings, but not sure how you do that if that's possible. Any answers would be appreiated.
    You'll want at least some of those materials if they add any more community buildings to the game, like the animal hospital recently.

Quote Originally Posted by teetogo View Post
    ...I thought you make tools to upgrade buildings, but not sure how you do that if that's possible. ...
    You can upgrade your factories and trains and ships/islands. Are you saying you didn't start that yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy 8 View Post
    I'm passed level 60, bought the tool exchange and the appropriate community buildings to use with it and still it's useless. The buildings are not asking for the tools from the tool exchange. Which is a waste of purchasing it, but I guess with all the reviews saying how bad it is maybe I'm lucky.

Checked for an update but couldn't find one.
    Thought you might find this thread useful

https://forum.playrix.com/showthread...ding+materials