Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Animal Hospital WITHOUT T-Cash

Animal Hospital WITHOUT T-Cash

When Playrix decided to change the way we add commercial buildings, I like many others got angry as hell! I’ve worked for months trying to clear land plots so I could FINALLY design my little town of Eventide. With the update I was no longer able to clear land until I added the animal hospital. For a week I considered whether the game was worth playing anymore, then I thought, I WILL NOT allow the game changes dictate my original goal of finishing my town.

Playrix wants over 3000 t-cash to build the animal hospital, lets just say I won’t repeat what I was thinking so March 28th 2019 I began collecting the tools necessary to build the animal hospital. At level 130 my barn space is 1010 which is pathetic but I kept at it. To say it was frustrating is an understatement, there were many times I couldn’t help friends because of my limited barn space but I kept the end goal in mind, get the ANIMAL HOSPITAL built. Today, April 28th 2019 the animal hospital was completed. And NO t-cash was used!

Though I considered many, many times of giving up because NO game is worth this form of aggravation, I would not let Playrix and their unreasonable changes get the better of me. I won this round Playrix!!!

I wonder how long it might've taken you had the building materials been in the 'old' style instead? And/or whether your barn would've been been bursting for more of the duration that way?

I found building the Animal Hospital a complete pain too and I admit I ended up throwing some cash at it. What I'm genuinely not sure about is whether I'd just forgotten how painful the higher level Community Buildings always were anyway, or whether the new tools made that better or worse. Having to build the exchange itself this first time probably added to my headaches too, tbf.

Regardless, congratulations on achieving your goal!

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    I wonder how long it might've taken you had the building materials been in the 'old' style instead? And/or whether your barn would've been been bursting for more of the duration that way?

I found building the Animal Hospital a complete pain too and I admit I ended up throwing some cash at it. What I'm genuinely not sure about is whether I'd just forgotten how painful the higher level Community Buildings always were anyway, or whether the new tools made that better or worse. Having to build the exchange itself this first time probably added to my headaches too, tbf.

Regardless, congratulations on achieving your goal!
    Hello Bessville,

Thanks for the congratulations! You ask some interesting questions, I will say this, since I’ve been playing this game (which is years now) I can’t recall being so frustrated over one lousy building. Like you mentioned it’s difficult to determine whether the we used more or less with the old style materials. No matter how Playrix spins it, the materials needed still consumes the bulk of our barn space.
    Last edited by petcircus 5; 04-28-2019 at 03:07 PM.

You know, petcircus and Bess, I think the case of the tool exchange is one, where players in lower levels actually have an advantage: I had two levels time to get the materials for the lighthouse, which was ample time to build the exchange and swap only the building materials, I didn‘t need for the lighthouse.
    My barn is at 860 and I believe the new tools are making storage easier: for the lighthouse I would have needed 215 materials altogether before the tool exchange, with it I needed 106.
    Now I‘m level 73 and have the materials for the next three CBs ready , something I have never achieved before. But I ignore Zoo expansions completely.

Quote Originally Posted by petcircus 5 View Post
    ... No matter how Playrix spins it, the materials needed still consumes the bulk of our barn space.
    I'm level 105 right now, so the Bank isn't so very long ago for me that I've forgotten it completely. I do seem to recall I had to opt out of racing for a couple of weeks and wasn't much help around my coop for a good while. I also know I've seen several friends give up playing completely when they hit that same wall, even back then.

My take (so far, I think) is that the issue may not be so much the CBs or materials or tools themselves so much as that the new factories and more frequent events have increased the demand on our barns. So now our storage space maybe doesn't increase quite fast enough to keep pace with demand (assuming we're meant to build everything at or near the level at which it becomes available). I'd like to see the increase with each barn upgrade be a little larger a little earlier in the game to reflect those additions. Not so much that it becomes suddenly a breeze, though - just a little.

Of course, I might be talking total rubbish. Stranger things have happened, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Zimbelstern View Post
    You know, petcircus and Bess, I think the case of the tool exchange is one, where players in lower levels actually have an advantage: I had two levels time to get the materials for the lighthouse, which was ample time to build the exchange and swap only the building materials, I didn‘t need for the lighthouse.
    My barn is at 860 and I believe the new tools are making storage easier: for the lighthouse I would have needed 215 materials altogether before the tool exchange, with it I needed 106.
    Now I‘m level 73 and have the materials for the next three CBs ready , something I have never achieved before. But I ignore Zoo expansions completely.
    Hi Zimbelstern,

Interesting that you find the update working for you! I assumed lower levels would have a more difficult time building and leveling up! Here’s to your continued success.

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    I'm level 105 right now, so the Bank isn't so very long ago for me that I've forgotten it completely. I do seem to recall I had to opt out of racing for a couple of weeks and wasn't much help around my coop for a good while. I also know I've seen several friends give up playing completely when they hit that same wall, even back then.

My take (so far, I think) is that the issue may not be so much the CBs or materials or tools themselves so much as that the new factories and more frequent events have increased the demand on our barns. So now our storage space maybe doesn't increase quite fast enough to keep pace with demand (assuming we're meant to build everything at or near the level at which it becomes available). I'd like to see the increase with each barn upgrade be a little larger a little earlier in the game to reflect those additions. Not so much that it becomes suddenly a breeze, though - just a little.

Of course, I might be talking total rubbish. Stranger things have happened, lol.
    Bessville, you explained it perfectly.

Because of my barn constraints, I learned early on to pick my battles. I would choose one thing to work on, example—clear land, once I accomplished this it was on to the next battle. You are so right about the demands on our barn space, it really isn’t surprising many people have left the game. There’s only so much people are willing to put up with before they say “ to heck with this.”

Though I considered many, many times of giving up because NO game is worth this form of aggravation, I would not let Playrix and their unreasonable changes get the better of me. I won this round Playrix!!!
    Fat evil grin...

Congrats! glad to see you stay!

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    Fat evil grin...

Congrats! glad to see you stay!
    Thanks _DD_ Despite the challenges Playrix throws our way, it felt good to accomplish this project.

Thanks _DD_ Despite the challenges Playrix throws our way, it felt good to accomplish this project.
    I felt the same I didn't call it "challenges", though, I think...