Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

A home for Seasonal Decorations

Where/how do you guys use your seasonal Yacht Club decorations? Do you blend them into your overall scheme, or put them together in little stand-alone displays? Or do you do something else entirely?

I'd love to see any combinations you're especially pleased with..
    IMPORTANT:
    As Township Moderators, we maintain the forum according to its rules. We are not Playrix Staff
    - How to contact Township Support
    - Co-op Ads thread, co-ops seeking new members may advertise their team here.
    - Player Ads thread, individuals seeking a co-op may advertise themselves here.

Hello Bessville, as my town isn't already expanded completely, the most of my regatta and event decs stay in storage, but I plan to put them in town permanently (but not the seasonal ones like easter or halloween). I want to group them together, as I did with the mediaval decorations, trying to arrange a middle ages area. Some of the regatta decs found their permanent place in my zoo. I also combine them with event decorations, when I think they could fit together well.
    IMG_20190426_130734.jpgIMG_20190426_130703.jpg
    But I'm still in a working process, so these arrangements are not for eternity.
    Town: Monaco - lvl 94, 44BMN5
    Coop: Monaco Bagage - #MN8GZW
    Android

Hi Bess.

California has numerous “ghost towns” from the mining/gold rush days. Many of them are busy tourist attractions and quite fun to visit. So the Western theme decorations I did use to create one for my town. 90% of the other themes go immediately to storage as they do nothing to enhance the “semi-reality” of my town.

Someone once suggested a specially designated Theme Park for the other coordinated decorations - pirates, Egypt, Middle Ages, etc. that would seem the best use of them.
    Level 153
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

Co-Op: Sogno Mare (Sea Dream) - Sail only for certain rewards.
    Town: Far Niente Bay

Ideas That Cannot Be Implemented At This Time (Or Ever)

What makes me really happy is when decos from different seasons/events coordinate (at least in my mind’s eye) like the ufo beaming up sheep and the giant sheep we received from friends. I also have an area where the prehistoric items teamed up with others to mimic an actual place that I know.
    I have one corner that I rotate through Easter/Christmas/Halloween. In between, I try to dust off other items from storage that haven’t seen the light of day for ages, maybe ever. Right now, it is a display of assorted aircraft from various events. This actually works well with the spaceport area right beside it.
    Other items that I can’t find a home for often get stuck in front of the camera on the film lot.
    Solo Co-op: MaggieTs #MGRZ48

Hi Bess,
    Great thread you've started!

Monaco,
    Isn't a town (like in real life) even for a bit always under construction
    Looking good so keep up the good work!

For those who are not sure which decorations are Regatta/Yacht Club decorations please check here.

Some decorations are, like Monaco mentioned, more seasonal connected then others and will not all have a permanent place in my town.
    My favorite way of using these decorations is blending them with other Decorations, CB's and so on to displays in town and Zoo.

On of my favourite displays is my Township Aeronautic and Space Area(TASA)
    with Space race decorations combined with the upgradable Spaceport, the Observatory and the Planetarium.
    TASA-1.jpg

And of course my Medieval parc
    with decos from Ages of Knights and the Castle
    Medieval parc.jpg

The Monkey Islands
    with decos from the Jungle Season
    Monkey Island-1.jpg

And the American Island
    with decos from the Wild West
    America.jpg

Of course there is more to share but these are my favourite ones.
    Change what you can't accept. Accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 104/Android

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    One of my favourite displays is my Township Aeronautic and Space Area(TASA)
    with Space race decorations combined with the upgradable Spaceport, the Observatory and the Planetarium.
    TASA-1.jpg
    Darn, now I'm going to have to build the spaceship. That area looks really good and I want one Nice use of the related decorations.

Your other areas look nice too. I might have to go back and look at combining some of the animal enclosures with decorations, love your "Monkey Island" layout. Where's Guybrush Threepwood?

Bess, agree, this is an interesting thread.

I've been using the themed decorations to create "Theme Parks", areas where my townies can walk through and take in the atmosphere. Kind of what Nana was saying about "Ghost Towns", I've got "Spooky World", Western, Egyptian, and "Bunny Town" areas, an amusement park, and a few areas in progress, Olympic Training and an Arctic area.

In the Zoo I have a Santa Village, Lost Atlantis and Sunken Civilization, and a Valentine's Day Park.

Still trying to figure out what to do with the Dino Park and the Astronaut decos but Rocky gave me a good idea.

My main town is "functional" due to my just needing to plop down CBs as they came along. So some occasional decorations that match up with CBs are there. Still needs a lot of work if I ever get up the energy to rearrange it.

I'm not going to post pictures but you folks are welcome to visit (Android / iOS / Kindle) at

Kingsroad Trading Post (#KNHVGU)
    I'm the leader, town name should have "Charlie" in it

I've got a very similar 'space' area to Ruud, as well as a movies display, and a paranormal farm island. I used some of the beach themed stuff with my Oceanside hotel things, too. They're all permanent fixtures (in so far as anything ever is). But my seasonal decos are mostly just plopped on interconnecting islands like a kind of theme park. I can't say I'm thrilled with it, though, hence the thread. I seem to prefer it when I can use seasonal decos in tandem with Community Buildings.

I'll certainly be having a mosey through all your towns just as soon as I can make the time to take copious notes, lol. I hope nobody objects to a little homage..
    IMPORTANT:
    As Township Moderators, we maintain the forum according to its rules. We are not Playrix Staff
    - How to contact Township Support
    - Co-op Ads thread, co-ops seeking new members may advertise their team here.
    - Player Ads thread, individuals seeking a co-op may advertise themselves here.

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    Darn, now I'm going to have to build the spaceship. That area looks really good and I want one Nice use of the related decorations.

Your other areas look nice too. I might have to go back and look at combining some of the animal enclosures with decorations, love your "Monkey Island" layout. Where's Guybrush Threepwood?
    Hi Cdosr,
    Thank you for the compliments. I'm glad to be of inspirational use for you.

I am not familiar with the game named Monkey Island, so I had to ask Google about this Guybrush Threepwood.
    My guess is that real fans will combine the Jungle theme with the Pirates of Treasure hunt 1 and 2 to make a complete display of this story.
    Although Guybrush then maybe would look a cow with a sword *g*.
    Change what you can't accept. Accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 104/Android

Great thread, Besser! I know you're already for familiar with my town, but posting some pics anyway for fun. Fair Warning: I have a personal challenge to display every decoration I've ever earned and not keep any in storage. We'll see how long I can keep that up before I completely run out of space lol. Luckily, just opened all zoo expansion so that is giving me new terrain to explore (whole zoo is currently work in progress).

In my town, the left half I tried to keep as "realistic" and semi-uncluttered as possible. Right side of my town is a giant theme park and probably sensory overload for any normal person lol. But it's my meticulously designed overpacked nightmare, and I love it <3

Here are some of the themed lands I created grouping together decorations (and a few CBs) I thought fit together nicely. Sorry pics, are kind of low quality, I swear things look neater in my actual town (or maybe I'm delusional lol):

Decos including: Jungle World, Beach, Underwater Adventure, Movie studio filming Jaws on location:
    Atlantis + Jungle + Underwater Adv.jpg

Decos including: Olympics, Winter, Chinese New Year
    Olympics + Winter + CNY.jpg

Decos including: Wild West, Enchanting Oasis, Egyptian, Medieval, Ancient Legends, Music
    Wild West, Medieval, Ancient.jpg

Decos including: Prehistoric & Dino, Halloween, Land of Ice and Snow, Ice Fishing
    Prehistoric + Dino, Ice Fishin, Halloween, Music.jpg

Decos including: Easter, Restaurant and Sweet Weeks
    Easter + Sweets.jpg

Decos including: Valentines, Anniversary, Art, Color Splash, Space, Carnival Rides
    Valentines + Carnival + Art + Space.jpg

Decos including: Fishing
    Beachfront Fishing .jpg

I have a few more decos randomly incorporated in my town like Nessie and 2 of the fishing decos in a river by my fields and market:
    Nessie, Fishing.jpg

And in my Zoo, I just started playing around with an Atlantis, Treasure Hunt and Age of Knights area:
    Zoo Atlantis + Pirate + Medieval.jpg

Have to say, even though the "theme park" works for me, I'm always jealous of people that find a way to incorporate the decorations more seamlessly (and less gimmicky) into their town proper, so I hope we get more examples of that! Love what everyone else has posted so far!!
    Last edited by kitty4715; 04-27-2019 at 09:01 AM.
    MollyTamale town, "Reflection in the Wave" (co-op tag #REF8RX),
    or I may be visiting a friend's coop for the week!
    For a little "story" behind the design inspiration for my town, check this post