Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who can dump tasks in the regatta?

Quote Originally Posted by Graylady View Post
    Hi Johnalex

We only have 2 inactive members who havent opted out of the regatta, but they are very young children.

As long as you will have such players you will be at a great disadvantage. You are racing against bigger teams.
    Good call Graylady. I was thinking the same but I was wondering whether Johnalex would be able to take any more stress at the moment. But you are right, his co-op would be racing against teams who have a huge advantage. In the Golden League especially, members MUST opt out if they are not going to be able to do the tasks necessary in the race. I don't know how young these members are, but it concerns me that they may be experiencing any stress due to these events.

Hi Johnalex,
    I add my condolences regarding the loss of your Grandmother. I know you will miss her terribly.

Talking about gaming problems (true problems) never places a burden on your fellow gamers here, as Hyacinth said so well. Many of us have received great advice and practical solutions in this forum and are happy to return the kindness we have gotten.

I agree with the advice that for now you should be the sole decision maker in your Co-op and for now you should be the only one able to drop tasks.

I am a firm believer in the old adage about "too many chiefs". This is not to say I haven't made my own mistakes in promotions that didn't work out. It seems to be part of the job description. I have since established written criteria on what is required of Elders as well as what they are permitted (and not permitted) to do.

However, as said accurately earlier, just because it's a rule doesn't mean it will be followed. People are people. That said, establishing written Co-op Guidelines (in addition to those for promotion) has elimated many of the serious problems for us .

My own 2 cents, which is pure opinion rather than researched fact, is, in addition to written guidelines *, is to, first of all....Kindly but absolutely remove the young children, especially if you are in the Gold League.

While the game characters and animation appears child-like, this is an adult's game, for a couple of reasons.
    1. A child's limited experience can produce sometimes serious problems in the Regatta. One is the ability to dump a chosen task they may not like, resulting in penalties for the whole team.
    2. I have 2 Co-op members who have lost items and real money when their game fell into the hands of a child. Though the children had no malice, the costs remained.

Second, delegate authority carefully. No need for detail here since it's already been explained with great understanding. (That remains a standing challenge for us all.)

Good luck to you and PLEASE keep us posted on the progress of your Co-op.

*From what you have said, you may have already set down written guidelines.
    Last edited by Bellavista; 01-01-2017 at 12:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    not to be disrespectful, Johnalex, but - if you have a question regarding the game play (now /after months), just look there again. The question of who can dump is answered there very clearly in one sentence.

But anyway, that question is answered now and you are right insofar that no, your issue is not solved via the ingame help
    Let me check again re a few points in your reply:

just to clarify re "permissions": If you have Elders (and it sounds as if you do) in your Coop, they can dump tasks. No matter what you told them, they can. We agree on that, right?

Here's my question, just to understand what you are saying: you say "only a few co-leaders are not demoted to member" -- how does the sentence continue for the elders: are "all the elders demoted to members" or are "all the elders not demoted" (like the few co-leaders)?

The unsettledness in your Coop is very understandable.
    And to be brutally open with you: If everyone knows what their tasks (and permissions) are, and yet, nobody admits to dumping all tasks, you will have to demote everyone to member, as said above in my first reply. Then promote them again, one by one, and watch each one for a while. (That is the suggestion I have read here for similar situations. I don't know how it turned out there -- Yes, it will take a while, and I don't know what the outcome is, but assumedly better than the actual situation.)

"Only a few" is obviously not enough.

That wish has indeed be posted before, and I also hope it is one that the Devs consider to implement in the near future. They have also changed the other statistics before, f.e. being able to see the tasks of other members. So there's hope.

Until then, I'm sorry to say, you must act on your own. Good luck again!

====
    ETA: I only just saw your latest reply to hyacinth and wanted to add my deepest sympathy for the loss of your grandmother. So sorry to hear about stress at school and now here, too -- in a game that should be (and can be!) nothing but fun! I'm really crossing fingers for you to find out what's happening in your Coop. Let us know, ok --. you are not doing any harm here with your questions/posts, no worries!
    No the issue hasnt resolved yet, but we put the co-op on "lockdown", so we are finding out more about it. We did demote ALL co-op elders and only 3 coleaders were demoted. So a little more than a few. We are becoming more organized and have made strict rules and punishments to exercise that the co-op means business and isnt playing around anymore with whoever. We are very aware elders can dump...Even my coleaders wanted to be demoted. It hasnt happened yet but we wont call it "solved" until we are sure. It only happens at the end of the regatta.
    Johnalex Zarco
    Coop: United Federation
    Coop Position: Leader/Coleader
    Coop Tag: #UN28CX
    Town Name(s): Daimler-Kingston Industries.
    Playing Township Mobile since May 2016
    "Every way of a man is right in his own eyes, But the Lord weighs the hearts." ~Proverbs 21:2 NKJV

Quote Originally Posted by Graylady View Post
    Hi Johnalex

We only have 2 inactive members who havent opted out of the regatta, but they are very young children.

As long as you will have such players you will be at a great disadvantage. You are racing against bigger teams.
    Our position isnt in our worries
    Johnalex Zarco
    "Every way of a man is right in his own eyes, But the Lord weighs the hearts." ~Proverbs 21:2 NKJV

Quote Originally Posted by Bellavista View Post
    Hi Johnalex,
    I add my condolences regarding the loss of your Grandmother. I know you will miss her terribly.

Talking about gaming problems (true problems) never places a burden on your fellow gamers here, as Hyacinth said so well. Many of us have received great advice and practical solutions in this forum and are happy to return the kindness we have gotten.

I agree with the advice that for now you should be the sole decision maker in your Co-op and for now you should be the only one able to drop tasks.

I am a firm believer in the old adage about "too many chiefs". This is not to say I haven't made my own mistakes in promotions that didn't work out. It seems to be part of the job description. I have since established written criteria on what is required of Elders as well as what they are permitted (and not permitted) to do.

However, as said accurately earlier, just because it's a rule doesn't mean it will be followed. People are people. That said, establishing written Co-op Guidelines (in addition to those for promotion) has elimated many of the serious problems for us .

My own 2 cents, which is pure opinion rather than researched fact, is, in addition to written guidelines *, is to, first of all....Kindly but absolutely remove the young children, especially if you are in the Gold League.

While the game characters and animation appears child-like, this is an adult's game, for a couple of reasons.
    1. A child's limited experience can produce sometimes serious problems in the Regatta. One is the ability to dump a chosen task they may not like, resulting in penalties for the whole team.
    2. I have 2 Co-op members who have lost items and real money when their game fell into the hands of a child. Though the children had no malice, the costs remained.

Second, delegate authority carefully. No need for detail here since it's already been explained with great understanding. (That remains a standing challenge for us all.)

Good luck to you and PLEASE keep us posted on the progress of your Co-op.

*From what you have said, you may have already set down written guidelines.
    We are very strict on co-op rules. We have even set up councils, held meetings and are expanding the co-op governance. While 8 of my coleaders are my direct secondary chiefs, I am still in the position to veto their ideas and suggestions. From the looks of it, my coleaders are doing well but my main fear here is the coleaders becoming power hungry and making decisions that affect the WHOLE co-op without my permission, which with a few I am aware but not in the position to say anything quite yet
    I am hoping by establishing a council, everyone has an equal amount of stress. They are all eager to do whatever it takes and find the co-op to be one of the best. They are very happy with the new reforms and all have high hopes they will work
    On the matter of the little children, one is 7 and the other is 9. I know the 9 year old and we argue over the regatta. I will kick him if he doesnt comply. The 7 year old and his mother try their best to comply but they are very busy as well. One of our members tries to jump in as much as possible, but is overwhelmed in reality.
    Johnalex Zarco

Thank-you for your condolences on the loss of my grandmother.
    We are changing the system of how the co-op is run, and so far it is working OK.
    Johnalex Zarco

hi Johnalex,
    thank you for your replies here!
    Sorry to hear it isn't resolved yet, am crossing fingers for you and your Coop that it will be!

As you say it is happening - even only - at the end of the regatta, I'd be inclined even more to think about human actions rather than f.e. the famous server synch delays. On 2nd thought, depends on how close to the end, maybe...

BTW, I was amazed at your reply to Graylady that 'Our position isnt in our worries' -- esp. when I see what you have set up as rules and regulations in your Coop, and statements like this:

Quote Originally Posted by Johnalex Zarco View Post
    We are becoming more organized and have made strict rules and punishments to exercise that the co-op means business and isnt playing around anymore with whoever.
    it means 'business'?! So, you are serious in all that planning, and then winning - or at least placing in a good rank in a regatta, for more and/or better rewards (if not for the competition per se) - isn't important to you? You are aware that her hint didn't relate to the Global Leaderboard, but to your results in each and every regatta?
    Just curious

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    hi Johnalex,
    thank you for your replies here!
    Sorry to hear it isn't resolved yet, am crossing fingers for you and your Coop that it will be!

As you say it is happening - even only - at the end of the regatta, I'd be inclined even more to think about human actions rather than f.e. the famous server synch delays. On 2nd thought, depends on how close to the end, maybe...

BTW, I was amazed at your reply to Graylady that 'Our position isnt in our worries' -- esp. when I see what you have set up as rules and regulations in your Coop, and statements like this:

it means 'business'?! So, you are serious in all that planning, and then winning - or at least placing in a good rank in a regatta, for more and/or better rewards (if not for the competition per se) - isn't important to you? You are aware that her hint didn't relate to the Global Leaderboard, but to your results in each and every regatta?
    Just curious
    I am very much aware of what she meant. It is a concern, but our main concern is finding out who is doing/did it.
    They normally start dumping ALL tasks about 2 days before the regatta ends. SO we are tightening there. Sorry for the confusion
    Johnalex Zarco

ah I see. Understandable that you have other priorities right now.

well, in this thread you've had some distinct hints on how to proceed in that matter, and additionally some helpful advice for your Coop was offered; what you make of it and when, is of course your decision. Again, good luck!

Hi Johnalex,

I hope that the New Year has got off to a better start for you.

Personally, I have a serious concern about the young children in your co-op. Not for you and the other co-op members, but for the children themselves. This co-op as you have described it is not healthy for a 7 and a 9 year old, no matter how mature they may be. Your organisation, including rules and strategy, of your co-op is one of the most complicated that I have seen. For adults, that is fine as they can make their own decisions, but expecting these children to conform and to be answerable for their actions is far too stressful for them. Please thank them kindly for their help and keep them as friends in the game, but explain to them and their parents that the the current situation is not suitable for them and that they should be enjoying the game at their age.