Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who can dump tasks in the regatta?

Who can dump tasks in the regatta?

Again, the United Federation is plagued with drama! Someone is dumping all the regatta tasks in the regatta for my co-op. And we dont know who! But Ive still got questions naturally...
    We think members cant dump tasks, is that correct?
    So who has the ability to dump tasks?
    Can Members dump tasks? It says theyve no special privileges!
    Can Elders dump tasks? It says theve only to be able to accept members and reject them!
    I know coleaders can as my top coleader manages the regatta, but as the Leader it is my job to keep drama out of the co-op. And since my co-op started on May 24, 2016, weve had 100% drama!! We are concerned about this, as weve hit dead last in Golden League regatta because the other co-ops are past 50, 000 points! Will this person who is dumping tasks cost us points? The last time this happened, we received a "points lost: -15.50" or "-150", I dont really remember :/
    How can we tell who? Will this affect anything? Is there a way to tell who? We are really very concerned!
    Johnalex Zarco
    Coop: United Federation
    Coop Position: Leader/Coleader
    Coop Tag: #UN28CX
    Town Name(s): Daimler-Kingston Industries.
    Playing Township Mobile since May 2016
    "Every way of a man is right in his own eyes, But the Lord weighs the hearts." ~Proverbs 21:2 NKJV

Johnalex: Coop Leaders, Co-Leaders and Elders can dump tasks. Members cannot.

I just looked it up in the ingame Help, which I recommend for you and your Coop members. Look via the Cog top left, there "Help and Support", then Regatta.

For the penalty (only in Golden League, only for the Global Leaderboard!) I recommend a look here - still mentioned as from the ingame help, but maybe faster to find

You can't tell who is dumping, unless you demote everyone to member. Then you still can't tell, but the dumping will stop.
    Then you can re-appoint your co-leaders / elders, one by one, making sure they know what they can do.

An important thing to do might be: Tell them / everyone in the Chat window, or however you communicate - repeatedly, if necessary - that the task list from which to choose a task is for the whole Coop. Not everyone's own list! This seems to be not always known, so ppl think they dump only their own tasks / for themselves.

Good luck! as the saying goes: Don't panic.
    Last edited by _DD_; 12-29-2016 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post

I just looked it up in the ingame Help, which I recommend for you and your Coop members. Look via the Cog top left, there "Help and Support", then Regatta.

For the penalty (only in Golden League, only for the Global Leaderboard!) I recommend a look here - still mentioned as from the ingame help, but maybe faster to find

You can't tell who is dumping, unless you demote everyone to member. Then you still can't tell, but the dumping will stop.
    Then you can re-appoint your co-leaders / elders, one by one, making sure they know what they can do.

An important thing to do might be: Tell them / everyone in the Chat window, or however you communicate - repeatedly, if necessary - that the task list from which to choose a task is for the whole Coop. Not everyone's own list! This seems to be not always known, so ppl think they dump only their own tasks / for themselves.

Thank-you for the help.
    Apparently, the co-op members are well aware that only the ones given permission by me are to dump regatta tasks. We reserve the right to dump tasks only for me (the leader) and co-leaders given permission. Only 4 of my co-leaders have permission to dump tasks. We have made it clear that the list of tasks shown is for everybody, but whoever it is seems to nit exist. We are currently under "lockdown", inly a few co-leaders are not demoted to member and all the elders. We have even closed the co-op.We are currently 15th place in the Golden League regatta. This is affecting the whole co-op and we cant find out which ones as the whole co-op are very good friends with each other if that makes since. We only have 2 inactive members who havent opted out of the regatta, but they are very young children. We are wondering if someone we know and wouldnt think would do this is doing it. All the co-op members are really stressed over the situation. We only have 1 co-op member who doenst speak English (she speaks German)but I know some German and established with her the co-op rules. We have a very complicated system that me and my coleaders are trying to fix and make simple. If you want an explanation, I can post it in the lounge what we do in our co-ops government We wish there was a way to tell who is dumping these tasks. I posted earlier in Wish List for Township Forums for a "Statistics of a Different Kind" asking for a new button that would tell us who dumps what number of tasks. This is very concerning the co-op and we dont like it. People like the co-op, but it seems that with beingliked there has to be drama on top of drama. We hate the drama and just want peace
    Johnalex Zarco
    "Every way of a man is right in his own eyes, But the Lord weighs the hearts." ~Proverbs 21:2 NKJV

Quote Originally Posted by Johnalex Zarco View Post
    Again, the United Federation is plagued with drama! Someone is dumping all the regatta tasks in the regatta for my co-op. And we dont know who! But Ive still got questions naturally...
    We think members cant dump tasks, is that correct?
    So who has the ability to dump tasks?
    Can Members dump tasks? It says theyve no special privileges!
    Can Elders dump tasks? It says theve only to be able to accept members and reject them!
    I know coleaders can as my top coleader manages the regatta, but as the Leader it is my job to keep drama out of the co-op. And since my co-op started on May 24, 2016, weve had 100% drama!! We are concerned about this, as weve hit dead last in Golden League regatta because the other co-ops are past 50, 000 points! Will this person who is dumping tasks cost us points? The last time this happened, we received a "points lost: -15.50" or "-150", I dont really remember :/
    How can we tell who? Will this affect anything? Is there a way to tell who? We are really very concerned!
    Hi Johnalex,

Firstly DD is perfectly correct in all that she has written in her very informative post.

Secondly, take a deep breath! I mean this seriously, as I could feel my own heart rate start to race as I read your post.

The fact is your position in the race has nothing to do with the penalty points deducted for dumping tasks at the end of each race. It only counts towards your co-op's position on the Global Leaderboard.

Panic is contagious. You need to communicate calmly with your co-leader and decide your way forward. If you rush straight into this, you risk losing your members. Good luck and I am sure you will work it all out together

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post

Also, Ive read all the articles in the Help and Solutions a few months ago, and I didnt see anything on our issue in regatta...
    Johnalex Zarco

Also, Ive read all the articles in the Help and Solutions a few months ago, and I didnt see anything on our issue in regatta...
    Hi Johnalex,

You really need to check after each update, as the rules especially concerning co-ops and the regatta are often added to or tweaked.

I am afraid that your situation is not unique, as many posts on this Forum indicates. No member whether you want them to or not is able to dump a task. Do you compete in the regatta yourself? You say that you have closed your co-op. I take it you mean that you have closed it to stop new members joining?

Quote Originally Posted by hyacinth View Post
    Hi Johnalex,

You really need to check after each update, as the rules especially concerning co-ops and the regatta are often added to or tweaked.

I am afraid that your situation is not unique, as many posts on this Forum indicates. No member whether you want them to or not is able to dump a task. Do you compete in the regatta yourself? You say that you have closed your co-op. I take it you mean that you have closed it to stop new members joining?
    Yes, I have closed it so we can manage the current situation. I am not racing in our co-op alone, but all members are participating. 21 or 30 members are working o tasks at the time of me writing this. Im sorry if I am causing anxiety. But I was alarmed by my coleaders and elders who jumped into action to froce the lockdown before I could do anything. And Im under a lot of stress having lost my grandmother in June 2016 in real life and it all adds to y stress of school. Sorry if I am causing any trouble. Im not concerned over the penalty as there wasnt any penalty to talk about, just a point reduction, which I think is from members dumping half-way finished tasks for better easier ones. My main question was answered ny DD, can anyone including status members dump tasks. The answer is no, only elders, leaders, and coleaders can. So the issue on the task dumping is yet to be resolved. But me and 2 other coleaders are investigating. Ty all for your help in this situation
    Johnalex Zarco

not to be disrespectful, Johnalex, but - if you have a question regarding the game play (now /after months), just look there again. The question of who can dump is answered there very clearly in one sentence.

But anyway, that question is answered now and you are right insofar that no, your issue is not solved via the ingame help
    Let me check again re a few points in your reply:

Apparently, the co-op members are well aware that only the ones given permission by me are to dump regatta tasks. We reserve the right to dump tasks only for me (the leader) and co-leaders given permission. Only 4 of my co-leaders have permission to dump tasks.
    just to clarify re "permissions": If you have Elders (and it sounds as if you do) in your Coop, they can dump tasks. No matter what you told them, they can. We agree on that, right?

We are currently under "lockdown", inly a few co-leaders are not demoted to member and all the elders.
    Here's my question, just to understand what you are saying: you say "only a few co-leaders are not demoted to member" -- how does the sentence continue for the elders: are "all the elders demoted to members" or are "all the elders not demoted" (like the few co-leaders)?

The unsettledness in your Coop is very understandable.
    And to be brutally open with you: If everyone knows what their tasks (and permissions) are, and yet, nobody admits to dumping all tasks, you will have to demote everyone to member, as said above in my first reply. Then promote them again, one by one, and watch each one for a while. (That is the suggestion I have read here for similar situations. I don't know how it turned out there -- Yes, it will take a while, and I don't know what the outcome is, but assumedly better than the actual situation.)

"Only a few" is obviously not enough.

We wish there was a way to tell who is dumping these tasks.

I posted earlier in Wish List for Township Forums for a "Statistics of a Different Kind" asking for a new button that would tell us who dumps what number of tasks.
    That wish has indeed be posted before, and I also hope it is one that the Devs consider to implement in the near future. They have also changed the other statistics before, f.e. being able to see the tasks of other members. So there's hope.

Until then, I'm sorry to say, you must act on your own. Good luck again!

====
    ETA: I only just saw your latest reply to hyacinth and wanted to add my deepest sympathy for the loss of your grandmother. So sorry to hear about stress at school and now here, too -- in a game that should be (and can be!) nothing but fun! I'm really crossing fingers for you to find out what's happening in your Coop. Let us know, ok --. you are not doing any harm here with your questions/posts, no worries!
    Last edited by _DD_; 12-29-2016 at 09:29 PM.

Yes, I have closed it so we can manage the current situation. I am not racing in our co-op alone, but all members are participating. 21 or 30 members are working o tasks at the time of me writing this. Im sorry if I am causing anxiety. But I was alarmed by my coleaders and elders who jumped into action to froce the lockdown before I could do anything. And Im under a lot of stress having lost my grandmother in June 2016 in real life and it all adds to y stress of school. Sorry if I am causing any trouble. Im not concerned over the penalty as there wasnt any penalty to talk about, just a point reduction, which I think is from members dumping half-way finished tasks for better easier ones. My main question was answered ny DD, can anyone including status members dump tasks. The answer is no, only elders, leaders, and coleaders can. So the issue on the task dumping is yet to be resolved. But me and 2 other coleaders are investigating. Ty all for your help in this situation
    Johnalex. You are not causing us stress. I was worried for you. Please accept my condolences for your loss. It is a very stressful time for you at the moment. Please take it bit by bit. Demote your Elders and even your co-leaders if you have to, in order to get some peace.

Hi Johnalex

We only have 2 inactive members who havent opted out of the regatta, but they are very young children.

As long as you will have such players you will be at a great disadvantage. You are racing against bigger teams.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 204, Zoo 194 animals, --- Fishdom stop at 1518 --- Homescape stop at 650

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix