Thread: Please Change! It’s NOW more difficult than fun!!

Please Change! It’s NOW more difficult than fun!!

The community building now requires all those tools which you can trade in your glass, bricks or slabs for; HOWEVER!!! After you DO that and THEN earn the massive amount of coins necessary for a Zoo Enclosure, you NEED the glass and slabs that you just traded in order to complete the task. And guess what? You don’t have them. Everything is taking SOOOO much longer to complete. I may be able to theoretically get new buildings, houses or factories at a NEWER HIGHER level, BUT it’s been taking 3-4 levels just to start implementing these items. THIS IS NO FUN!!!!!! Please change. I enjoyed playing before these new changes.

Hi Fitztown, and welcome to the Forum. There has been much debate on your comment. Check here for some discussion on new Tool Exchange. There are many who feel as you do. Anyway, didn't want you to think you were the only one feeling this way. Good luck

I personally like the tool exchange idea, I think it takes less amounts of barn storage (though I could be wrong)? I usually collect the tools first and then focus on the excess building materials. That makes it much easier to worry less about "losing" my other materials to the exchange. Is it possible you have multiple buildings going on at the same time? Maybe that's why you're not getting the tools you need? It's recommended to only build one building at a time, as the train algorithm gets thrown off when you build multiple.

I'm not sure what level you are (but def higher than 60), but the high level members in my coop say that there's not that much to do if you're higher level in the game. That's why the amounts are so high. It's supposed to be a goal that you steadily work at to level up your town. There's people on the forums who are level 150+ who say that there's nothing left for them to do because they've built all the housing, upgraded all the factories, islands, trains, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazyville View Post
    I personally like the tool exchange idea, I think it takes less amounts of barn storage (though I could be wrong)? I usually collect the tools first and then focus on the excess building materials. That makes it much easier to worry less about "losing" my other materials to the exchange. Is it possible you have multiple buildings going on at the same time? Maybe that's why you're not getting the tools you need? It's recommended to only build one building at a time, as the train algorithm gets thrown off when you build multiple.

I'm not sure what level you are (but def higher than 60), but the high level members in my coop say that there's not that much to do if you're higher level in the game. That's why the amounts are so high. It's supposed to be a goal that you steadily work at to level up your town. There's people on the forums who are level 150+ who say that there's nothing left for them to do because they've built all the housing, upgraded all the factories, islands, trains, etc.
    Zoo enclosures need two of the three types of building materials, while the community buildings above level 60 only need one type of that.
    With the information on good old Township wiki you can check what you need for Zoo Enclosure and Community Building

Let's say you want to build the Tapir residence (126 Bricks and 126 Slabs, you already have all Cards to create the family) and your next CB is the Light house (67 slabs, 20 electric saws, 19 jackhammers)
    In addition to collecting the required coins, you collect the building material until the required number is reached and you exchange the redundant in the Tool Exchange.
    If your Barn is too small to hold so much material for a longer period of time, then choose only one enclosure or CB like often mentioned.

Start with the actual construction when you have almost all the required materials together. Precisely that gives you an extra boost to work on achieving it.
    Happy Towning
    Last edited by Rocky_Ruud; 04-25-2019 at 09:13 AM. Reason: Repair link

Having materials in the barn was annoying but I managed it by only keeping a certain amount and selling some now I'm forced to keep them and the tools in my barn. Exchanging the tools for materials slows down my zoo and town. My barn is more cluttered because now I have to keep more materials for the exchange and the zoo. I totally agree the tool exchange is making this game less appealing I have considered deleting this game because of it but I think I'll just stop playing until the tool exchange is gone or fixed.