Thread: Overheating phone

Overheating phone

Please somebody tell me why this keeps happening. My phone overheats only when I play Township no other games. It's has been going on for the last 10 days or so and it's getting to the point where I can't play anymore more than 5 minutes at a time without my phone getting too hot. It's an Samsung galaxy 7

Seem it is a common problem for that phone. A simple search in Google show many references. See them HERE

But it never overheats with anything else except for this game. And it's happening so much faster now than it did before it's making it impossible to play.

Probably because Township is using more resources then your other apps.You will have to follow the instructions in one of the link to solve the problem or limit the overheating. Reading about the problem will help you understand too. It is not a general problem for Township. It is not even common with Samsung device. Otherwise, the forums woukd be flooded with that problem.

Quote Originally Posted by kayceecat_5us@yahoo.com View Post
    But it never overheats with anything else except for this game. And it's happening so much faster now than it did before it's making it impossible to play.
    Graylady said it best....the resources for Township probably plays a huge factor.

I've got a friend - (YES, I have a friend) - who isn't on Township but plays another high resource game with a Galaxy 7. He believes that the more you "damage" the battery with these things, the worse it will continue to get. (He's also opted for a new phone next month.)

It's weird....my "ex" used to have that problem, but after having her shut down her phone prior to playing (and staying OFF FaceBook at the same time), she found that her phone stopped overheating. Wasn't a Galaxy 7 and don't remember what it was, but it's just a thought. May not work but it doesn't hurt to try.

I think it's best to stay far, far, far away from any Samsung products. Just look at their history of the cellular phones' exploding batteries and the washing machines catching fire. Not to mention their poor customer service with cellular phones; they release a model and move onward to a new version and expect the end-users to fend for theirselves.

Overheating

Quote Originally Posted by kayceecat_5us@yahoo.com View Post
    Please somebody tell me why this keeps happening. My phone overheats only when I play Township no other games. It's has been going on for the last 10 days or so and it's getting to the point where I can't play anymore more than 5 minutes at a time without my phone getting too hot. It's an Samsung galaxy 7

I can no longer play this game on a brand new macbook because the macbook gets so hot, it's like a fire in my lap. I really miss the game a lot. But it's either play this game and damage my laptop or delete it and save the £1.5k laptop.