Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Experiences with a Tablet device

Experiences with a Tablet device

Hi,

I'm thinking about getting a new tablet, my old Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 is just about to die on me for the last time and I'm not about to get it fixed again. Also, it's stuck at an old version of Android and cannot be updated. So, it's time for something new.

Phone screens are just too small for me to do anything other than phone calls, maybe take a selfie. And I'm not particularly tied to an Android device other than tradition, there's nothing on my current tablet than I wouldn't lose sleep over losing (other than my Township game of course).

I'm currently leaning towards a Samsung Galaxy Tab S4, released last March but it is still expensive. The Tab S3 is a year older and has a smaller screen but the price is very reasonable right now. And then again, there is a Tab S5e due out in a few weeks but there's no reviews of it yet other than Samsung's own marketing blurbs.

I'm interested in anyone's experiences with any of those or with other tablets both for gaming and for general use.

Thanks for any responses,
    Charlie

I am ready to change my Samsung S2 which is showing signs of fatigue. I am ready to get a new Samsung S5e with 6 gig of Ram and 128 gig of storage. It should be powerful enough for my needs. I find the Samsung S4 way too expensive for my means. Thought about the Samsung S3 too but prefer to get a newer model as the S3 is too closed to my S2. I do not look at Apple so someone else will have to give some hints about them.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- I am just a player, not a Playrix staff
    Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 200, Zoo 188 animals, --- Fishdom stop at 1518 --- Homescape stop at 650

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

Having same issues wtth my old Samsung tablet it was 5 years old. Purchased another Samsung galaxy tab a got a great deal. Love it bigger screen its for playing games
    **Started playing August 2015** Town 135 Zoo 45 FINALLY
    Have all the factories Special projects and land expansion Zoo IS DONE
    In a small Golden League co-op 5 of us no drama we have fun
    #QM25Q2 come visit Guinn Township
    Android Tablet and phone

I have a Samsung S2 also, and an older Acer Iconia tablet. Would/will absolutely do the same as Graylady (as usual ) with the reasoning to get best "state of the art" now, so it lasts for a while. Don't want the stuff to be outdated after 3 months already.

Forgot to say... One reason I am looking at the S5e is the 6 gig ram. It is not common, 3 gig being quite the usual. My S2 having 3 gig already I know the limits of that capacity. With the OS and the games taking more and more Ram, I want more in order to keep it as long as my S2 (3.5 years). Right now, I can keep one game and Firefox opened but as soon as I open another game, the first one is flushed from memory.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- I am just a player, not a Playrix staff
    Township level 200, Zoo 188 animals, --- Fishdom stop at 1518 --- Homescape stop at 650

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

Quote Originally Posted by Graylady View Post
    I am ready to change my Samsung S2 which is showing signs of fatigue. I am ready to get a new Samsung S5e with 6 gig of Ram and 128 gig of storage. It should be powerful enough for my needs. I find the Samsung S4 way too expensive for my means. Thought about the Samsung S3 too but prefer to get a newer model as the S3 is too closed to my S2. I do not look at Apple so someone else will have to give some hints about them.
    I was checking the prices (USD) and specs for the Tab 5Se at Best Buy - Amazon's prices are $2.00 cheaper (yes, just 2 dollars)

$399.00, 64GB storage, 4GB RAM

$479.00, 128GB storage, 6GB RAM

Both can add up to 512GB more storage with a MicroSD card

Now I've got to think if the extra $80 bucks is worth it or conversely do I want to save a measly $80 and sacrifice the extra RAM.

If you read my second post, you know I decided to go for the 6 gig format. In canadian dollars, it is a 100$ extra. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Graylady View Post
    If you read my second post, you know I decided to go for the 6 gig format. In canadian dollars, it is a 100$ extra. ;-)
    Oh, I did read it, it's the reason I learned that the 64 / 128 difference also included the extra 2GB of RAM in the 128GB version. I was just including the price difference as more things to ponder

I have preordered the s5e too but went with the 4gb ram really regretting this now😭😭😭😭ive never had a tablet before so didnt know about the ram😭i just taut it was offering more space and thought i could buy sd card😥😭

Received my S5e yesterday afternoon. Happy with it so far. Need to get used to Android Pie. Moving around Township is smoother.