Thread: Reserved tasks shouldn’t be available for people to take

Reserved tasks shouldn’t be available for people to take

RESERVED TASKS SHOULDN’T BE AVAILABLE FOR PEOPLE TO TAKE

It’s so annoying when you’re able to reserve a task in Regatta, save up for it, and someone takes it from you!! TAKE THAT AWAY. Reserved tasks should only be for the person who reserved it! 😡🤬😡🤬😡

Hi Irene, I tend to agree with you, but I’ve read some threads from teams that like to be able to take the reserved task bc they are ready right at that moment to do it.

Your co-op should set some rules regarding that, IMO. Some co-ops allow it and others frown on it.

It reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Jerry tells the car reservation woman that she knows how to TAKE the reservation, just not HOLD the reservation.

We use reservations in a looser way, so this wouldn't work for us, if they did bring this in it would have to be optional.

For us reservations are more just so others know we are prepping something and not to dump the task. For example a factory task is a long task unless you have items prepped, so if we have items ready we will reserve the task so it doesn't get dumped when we aren't online. The general understanding though is if someone else has also prepped that item and can get to it quicker they can take it.

I think Chin Cherie is right, like most co-op issues the key is communication. You need a strong leadership who set rules about reservations, what you can reserve, for how long and if they can be taken by others. If people break these rules the leaders need to deal with it. It is not easy but if this isn't happening in your co-op it may be time to look elsewhere.

That doesn't make a lot of sense. If anybody can, what amounts to griefing the task, then why have a timer? It would make more sense to have a modal window pop up that says "Sorry, this task has been reserved. Please message the player to release the reservation or select another task" or at least make this a configurable option for the co-op leader.

AlwaysKimmie
    I frown on it also if someone takes reserved task in my co op they better prove the first person said it is ok or they are kicked out!
    Simple fact you reserved it to do it making the item's and have some selfish person take it HECK NO!

Said this elsewhere, but every co-op has different rules for reservations...allowing every co-op to select options for who can cancel reservations,how long tasks can be reserved for etc will just make the file size on the game too big.

The point of a co-op is to get people working together, you need to set rules for reservations that suit your co-op and then kick out people who deliberately disregard them.

As for asking the other person to release the task what if that person isn't online? Is at work or had an emergency? Are you supposed to wait the full 12 hours with a task you could finish in seconds taking up a valuable 135 spot on your Task board?

Again this may work for some co-ops but not for ours.

There has to be a way to stop people from taking reservation from other team members. This is really annoying 😠😠. Please help the leaders of the team to stop this reservation stealing 😂 this is causing me to loose my good players that's been with me for a while and some of the players are good players that I as the leader of the colorful butterfly garden. I'm desperately needing help with this matter.

If communication is a problem, then this option might be best:

Available option, atm, is to set reserves to a specific level:

Screenshot 2019-09-20 at 9.26.02 AM - Edited.jpg

Just let everyone know who will be affected by it and why your doing it. You just might find that those individuals who do this may leave.
    "If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton

I agree with Twilight, if reserves are causing that much of an issue you could consider just removing reserves altogether.

The other option is just remove the people who are stealing reserved tasks. Better to lose a bad player who is stealing tasks than a good player who is getting frustrated by it.

AlwaysKimmie
    Quote Originally Posted by nightrook View Post
    i agree with twilight, if reserves are causing that much of an issue you could consider just removing reserves altogether.

The other option is just remove the people who are stealing reserved tasks. Better to lose a bad player who is stealing tasks than a good player who is getting frustrated by it.
    ditto!!