Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Does Playrix REALLY Care About CHEATERS??

  1. #1

    Does Playrix REALLY Care About CHEATERS??

    On several occasions in the past couple of years, our Co-Op has reported teams we were absolutely POSITIVE were cheating, and Playrix has NEVER taken any corrective action.

    Today, we've identified another situation. Less than 8 hours after the regatta began, the first place team had 21,600 points, which is the maximum possible for a team of 10 racers in a regular regatta. That means that the team completed 160 135-point tasks -- meaning every player on the team finished 2 TASKS per HOUR!! There are only 2 possibilities: the team members spent a fortune in t-cash or they're cheating.

    I'm wondering if any of you have ever successfully had a team held accountable? Or are we just wasting our time complaining -- or wasting our time altogether since we have no chance of ever winning a regatta?

    Thanks for sharing your personal experiences and insights --

    T
    Township: Serenity Falls
    Town Code: 2ALMEV
    Township Level: 135
    Co-Op: Puffin Party
    Co-Op Tag: #PUFZZV

  2. #2
    Hummm, those guys are a lot slower than the team that beat us last week, they did one task every 20 minutes! 50% faster than these guys.

    Seriously, we've seen this for a few weeks now and there's no real evidence of cheating but plenty of evidence for just plain T-Cash Burning to win.

    If you can look at their towns and see that their scoring does not match the level of the players or the achievements show relatively inexperienced players then you can question how they perform so well. Otherwise it's not worth your time to report them.

    There have been a number of events where the top person on the leaderboard has an absurd number of points but is level 18 and has sent 3 trains over the lifetime of their town. Playrix has jumped all over them and they quickly disappear so somebody is looking at the disparity. But if an established team with developed players is willing to spend thousands of T-Cash and who knows how much real money just to win a race, it's unlikely if any action will be taken.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    Hummm, those guys are a lot slower than the team that beat us last week, they did one task every 20 minutes! 50% faster than these guys.

    Seriously, we've seen this for a few weeks now and there's no real evidence of cheating but plenty of evidence for just plain T-Cash Burning to win.

    If you can look at their towns and see that their scoring does not match the level of the players or the achievements show relatively inexperienced players then you can question how they perform so well. Otherwise it's not worth your time to report them.

    There have been a number of events where the top person on the leaderboard has an absurd number of points but is level 18 and has sent 3 trains over the lifetime of their town. Playrix has jumped all over them and they quickly disappear so somebody is looking at the disparity. But if an established team with developed players is willing to spend thousands of T-Cash and who knows how much real money just to win a race, it's unlikely if any action will be taken.
    Thanks for the insight! It just astounds me that anyone -- let alone every member of a team of 10 people -- would fork out piles of t-cash for a few better prizes at the end of the regatta. Is there some giant mega millions prize I'm not aware of if I buy my way to #1 in the world??
    Township: Serenity Falls
    Town Code: 2ALMEV
    Township Level: 135
    Co-Op: Puffin Party
    Co-Op Tag: #PUFZZV

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by TNapier View Post
    Thanks for the insight! It just astounds me that anyone -- let alone every member of a team of 10 people -- would fork out piles of t-cash for a few better prizes at the end of the regatta. Is there some giant mega millions prize I'm not aware of if I buy my way to #1 in the world??
    Just as an experiment, visit the co-op of that team and tap on their "trophy cup" icon (you may have to do that twice if it shows "0" for the number of trophies). At the bottom of the trophy window it shows their current and best placement on the Global Leaderboard. If it's a low number, a highly placed team, then you'll have a hint at the answer, they want to be on top of the bragging board.

    A wise person once said, draw a line on the pavement and somebody will want to race you to it, be it on foot, on a bicycle, in a car, whatever. Some teams just want to win regardless. Put 10 or 30 of those kind of people together and there you go.

  5. #5
    Member Will9455Nikki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    385
    This brings to mind another "thought" that I have had and mentioned, though I haven't officially suggested. Maybe I should?

    The calculations for the GLB should have a new factor. T-Cash spending. I don't really care "how" it is spent or "what" it is spent to accomplish. Perhaps the only exceptions might be made for boxes at the market or crates at the market, but suggestions would be appreciated.

    Let there be a penalty (much as there is for dumping tasks) for each "x" quantity of t-cash spent refreshing tasks, speeding up current tasks, and whatever else might be thought of. It would make the regatta that much more interesting if t-cash couldn't be used as an advantage in the race.

    Just a thought.
    Town: Is it supposed to stay the same?
    Co-op: Global Ninja Farmers (Tag: #GRRK3R)
    Level: 115 . . . .
    Friend Code: A8QUW3

    Active Since: September 2016

  6. #6
    I like this idea, but like the ideas for s separate T cash league I feel it would be nearly impossible to implement.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by TNapier View Post
    On several occasions in the past couple of years, our Co-Op has reported teams we were absolutely POSITIVE were cheating, and Playrix has NEVER taken any corrective action.

    Today, we've identified another situation. Less than 8 hours after the regatta began, the first place team had 21,600 points, which is the maximum possible for a team of 10 racers in a regular regatta. That means that the team completed 160 135-point tasks -- meaning every player on the team finished 2 TASKS per HOUR!! There are only 2 possibilities: the team members spent a fortune in t-cash or they're cheating.

    I'm wondering if any of you have ever successfully had a team held accountable? Or are we just wasting our time complaining -- or wasting our time altogether since we have no chance of ever winning a regatta?

    Thanks for sharing your personal experiences and insights --

    T
    Yes!!!! I signed on to the race one hour after the race and took screenshots of just what you described. I reported it, they said nothing wrong....I asked my group. They kept an eye on this group as well. Others reported it as well. Same reply for them. It's wrong.

  8. #8
    No way you can expect Playrix to penalize teams for spending real money; they are a for-profit company. If not one is pending, there is no game to paly. My co-op is willing to spend a couple hundred t cash for first or second place, but when we get aggressive teams spending lots of money -- which is happing nearly every week now regardless of how late we get on -- we stop spending and slow down. No way I am spending money to place 4th. We have been discussing that this game is not fun any more and are going to take a break form racing. I am not sure what the answer is.

  9. #9
    Assuming that teams are cheating just because they are finished quickly doesn't help anyone.

    And as Cdosr points out if there is ever actual proof of cheating Playrix deals with it pretty quickly. Much quicker than a lot of games I have played...

    To me this issue seems to have got worse since people started hopping. Yes there have always been teams willing to pay real money to come top of whatever leaderboards the game has, but now you don't need to spend real money you can now earn the T cash by hopping instead. Maybe check the co-op you are racing against...are they hoppers as this may explain where their excessive amounts of T cash are coming from.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •