Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Tell us about your Township goals! 😁

I build my town like this too, Ruud, planning and getting to the space before building for it. i haven't gotten very far along yet, but I'm working on it. I have a nicely designed town space, and a sort of suburbs, and a sort of fun park space, and I ran a highway across the map (lol) so I can build by the rocks on the other side too. The only thing I did, strictly for functionality, was put all my factories in rows, mainly so all the playable parts of the game are on 1 screen without scrolling around much.

I have an experiment going where I'm trying to see if I can build my town with significantly fewer houses and much more green space left unopened. My reason? I have concluded that I will never have access to good trees. They're 70+ animals from me and I will never, ever do enough of their chores to gain access. So I can have a town with few trees, which I hate, or I will leave land unopened and that will be my trees.

I don't know if it will work though. I don't have to build every factory and trains don't request what I haven't built. But if Playrix decides to change how trains work, I will probably be done playing. But for now, things are coming around.

Quote Originally Posted by Zealous View Post
    I build my town like this too, Ruud, planning and getting to the space before building for it. i haven't gotten very far along yet, but I'm working on it. I have a nicely designed town space, and a sort of suburbs, and a sort of fun park space, and I ran a highway across the map (lol) so I can build by the rocks on the other side too. The only thing I did, strictly for functionality, was put all my factories in rows, mainly so all the playable parts of the game are on 1 screen without scrolling around much.

I have an experiment going where I'm trying to see if I can build my town with significantly fewer houses and much more green space left unopened. My reason? I have concluded that I will never have access to good trees. They're 70+ animals from me and I will never, ever do enough of their chores to gain access. So I can have a town with few trees, which I hate, or I will leave land unopened and that will be my trees.

I don't know if it will work though. I don't have to build every factory and trains don't request what I haven't built. But if Playrix decides to change how trains work, I will probably be done playing. But for now, things are coming around.
    I really appreciate your vision on your Town.

And if you don't want to dump your extra building materials you can always choose to develop your Zoo and donate them overthere
    Change what you can't accept, accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 119/Android

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    I really appreciate your vision on your Town.

And if you don't want to dump your extra building materials you can always choose to develop your Zoo and donate them overthere
    I do keep that in mind, but right now I still have a few cbs I'm ready to build. Right now I only sell supplies when there's a big imbalance and it's way over my need for the next building. My barn is always almost full so it's necessary.

I'd like to do a bit more on the zoo, but (maybe I'm a whiner idk lol) I don't want to give the zoo things that take like 12 hours to produce. I don't feel like the investment gives enough reward (and I'm also super annoyed that the best trees are the ones needing 90+ animals, or 3 years to get. sheesh!). I know it's a dumb thing to get hung up on (trees) but I've played town building games before and trees and nature are my favorite aesthetic.

I guess I'm going for a sort of cartoon realism lol. It does make it more fun for me than just throwing the next building down so that I can open the next land to build the next building...There's actual planning involved (which I know you know since I've seen your excellent town) and choosing which buildings to upgrade takes on more importance since I know I won't build all factories. Upgrading the right ones so theyll push me along (having higher xp) when building slows down is a focus.

It's fun (though my husband says it sounds like a job to him lol).

... I know it's a dumb thing to get hung up on (trees) ...
    nope. Many here do it, and you wouldn't want to call us dumb, huh?

... (though my husband says it sounds like a job to him lol).
    lol! I can understand it (I also noticed, btw, how often we use the word "work" in context with the game)
    - and if he doesn't play himself (and knows it from that), he must be a nice guy in any case, cos he listens to your planning for here and tries to follow/understand... (dragons? pink and purple trees? polar bears? a factory for WHAT?!) lol, can't be always easy.

dd, glad to know I'm in good company. Hubby does listen very well to my "plans" so he's a fun support player (and he and the kids likes looking at the NPCs).
    Last edited by dreadnought; 12-31-2019 at 11:51 PM. Reason: removed -at- symbol

... Hubby does listen very well to my "plans" so he's a fun support player (and he and the kids likes looking at the NPCs).
    playing with the family must be nice The townies are indeed fun to watch (if they aren't repeated too often!); I bet your kids have their favourites meanwhile?
    Last edited by _DD_; 01-01-2020 at 05:54 AM. Reason: thanks, dread! :)