Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Anna Petrova View Post
    Downton, I do ������
    The dragon aka Treasure Hunt is animated.

Cheers,
    Anna
    ROFL, Thanks Anna that's great

I love these new decorations!

Looking forward to seeing the animated Dragon!

I only recently began playing Regatta, so didn't get the Tavern the first time around. Hurray, it's back!

The Scribe's Workshop looks neat!

I'm not sure about His Majesty's Throne if it contains that camera-snapping dude. I would prefer just a statue of the pig; it's a cute pig.
    Last edited by missy.; 08-02-2019 at 04:22 AM.

Giving some "love" to the Dev's on this new season of decorations... "Everytime I think I'm out, they pull me back in..." LOL (name the movie...)
    Town: RYAN'S HOPE / Level: 161
    Co-Op: SOS: SAILING ON SOLO / Tag: #SSYJYK / Friend's Code: HT9EQS (Full, but will keep you on Pending List)
    Platform: IOS / Playing April 2016 / Former Member of the Spending Suckers Club, Current Member in Bonkers Club
    Fishdom: 1,533 / Gardenscapes: 1,769

Anna, thank you for the Scribe's Workshop!
    It suits nice in my realistic designed town
    medieval.jpg

The treasure keeping Dragon is IMO too mechanic in its movement to be a real specie.
    But in an Event parc that won't be a problem.
    Change what you can't accept. Accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 111/Android

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetness123 View Post
    Giving some "love" to the Dev's on this new season of decorations... "Everytime I think I'm out, they pull me back in..." LOL (name the movie...)
    Pfft. GFp3.

I love these decos. Really need to get around to redesigning my town.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”Met a man wearin' a t-shirt, says "Virginia is for lovers"
    Had a Bible in his left hand and a bottle in the other
    He said "all you're really given is the sunshine and your name"
    We both started laughin' when the sky started to rain”

It looks like the Treasure Hunt (dragon) deco is trying to breathe fire. Maybe his pilot light is out.
    Last edited by 52Janice; 04-09-2019 at 03:04 PM.
    Co-op: Flying Cloud #FYWW7J
    Town: Phenix
    Platform: Android

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada View Post
    Pfft. GFp3.

I love these decos. Really need to get around to redesigning my town.
    Spot on (the movie name - LOL). I even put up my Easter decor at the front of my town for this one, course I had my stuff out for several weeks. My bunny house is out though, good way to earn a buck a day of TC

Quote Originally Posted by 52Janice View Post
    It looks like the Treasure Hunt (dragon) deco is trying to breathe fire. Maybe his pilot light is out.
    LOL, got to check mine...
    Last edited by Sweetness123; 04-09-2019 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Added post
    Town: RYAN'S HOPE / Level: 161
    Co-Op: SOS: SAILING ON SOLO / Tag: #SSYJYK / Friend's Code: HT9EQS (Full, but will keep you on Pending List)
    Platform: IOS / Playing April 2016 / Former Member of the Spending Suckers Club, Current Member in Bonkers Club
    Fishdom: 1,533 / Gardenscapes: 1,769

I already found a place for the Scribe's Workshop and the Tavern. I'm very happy about how they fit in the historical part of my city
    IMG_20190409_215732_511__01.jpg

I like how you placed these two decorations along the shore Ruud. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    Anna, thank you for the Scribe's Workshop!
    It suits nice in my realistic designed town
    medieval.jpg

The treasure keeping Dragon is IMO too mechanic in its movement to be a real specie.
    But in an Event parc that won't be a problem.
    I went and had a good look in your town and it looks really great Ruud, I like the way you have laid out your whole town. I notice you are getting very close to finishing your upgradeable space port also, yay

As for the dragon the devs may well tweak it in the future, I noticed they did that with the Odysseus Ship. When we first got it it was static, no bobbing up and down with milky white waves around it, they improved it a little while ago to bob up and down and no white static water around it anymore .

Quote Originally Posted by SumSum View Post
    I already found a place for the Scribe's Workshop and the Tavern. I'm very happy about how they fit in the historical part of my city
    IMG_20190409_215732_511__01.jpg

I like how you placed these two decorations along the shore Ruud. :-)
    Of course I popped into your town also, amazing as always SumSum, honestly only you could create a fairytale by the mine and make it really work

I do hope the devs tweak the Dragon. Poor thing tries to breathe fire and nothing emerges ... followed by a wee, wee puff of smoke from his nostrils ... Maybe he is a wee toddler dragon who doesn't fully breathe fire yet? It really does look quite weird for him to look like he is about to exhale enough fire to burn down all the CDs in my township (maybe I have been watching too much Game of Thrones) only to be followed by ... no fire!

Once I saw the Scribe's Workshop up close, with its stained glass windows and tower, to me it looks more like a cathedral than a scribe's workshop. Stained glass in the Middle Ages was historically primarily used for cathedrals (and much of it was destroyed in England under Henry VIII; although they had stained glass elsewhere, also primarily used in cathedrals). There are some examples of early Romans using stained glass in private homes, and there is occasional mention of it elsewhere, but during the Middle Ages (if that is the period depicted) stained glass was generally for cathedrals, especially because of the invention of Gothic-style architecture with flying buttresses. I did see occasional mention of stained glass being used in wealthy private homes or public buildings such as town halls.

There were "monastic scribes" in the Middle Ages, who transcribed manuscripts in a building called a scriptorium. The scriptorium example I found had clear windows; perhaps they need clear windows for light while transcribing?

As you can see, I did way too much googling.

It's a pretty building, even though it may (?) not be historically accurate. I am a stickler for details, so if anyone finds out more, please share.
    Last edited by missy.; 08-02-2019 at 04:17 AM. Reason: spelling