Thread: Should I sell excess building materials?

Should I sell excess building materials?

I am currently at level 50, a few thousand more XP to level 51. About a few levels ago I fully upgraded all 3 trains to 50% time reduction. Since then I have been focusing on filling my trains and planes, barely touching helicopter orders at all.

Given that the trains take 2+ hours, I can send quite a few out every day. I collect whatever they bring back and didn't reall pay attention to it, but in the last few days I suddenly realised that thanks to the trains, I have amassed 104 glass, 90 bricks and 93 cement! My current barn space is 610; this means almost 50% of it is filled with building materials. I am constantly at 80% or 90% full. This is not ideal because if I encounter orders with e.g. 25 carrots x 3 crates, I may not have much holding space unless I get rid of some stuff.

I cannot use any of the building materials at present, because I have already built every possible community building there is to build up to my level. I have checked the Wiki, apparently I have enough building materials to build the next three community buildings!! The problem is I don't level up so quickly either, and I not sure if this can sustain till then. I amalso unable to upgrade the barn; as usual one out of the three items required will be much lower than the other two and I am not willing to use Tcash for it.

Which is why I have started to think about selling the building materials, maybe e.g. 50 each. This will free up quite a considerable space in my barn. What I'm worried is, however, if this will mess up any algorithm for the future? I have read posts about their trains not delivering any materials and etc., and I don't want that to be the case for me as well. I'd rather tolerate the current situation than get no materials at all in future.

So, anyone has any experience in this? Sorry for the long post, just wanted to explain my situation and thought process.

You could easily keep only the materials needed for your next Community Building and sell the excess. When players complaint about the trains not bringing materials, it means mostly they are not getting the 1 material they need. Trains never stop bringing materials, even when you absolutely need none of them as having built everything available in the game.

Hello Singzeon,

I‘ve been constantly selling building materials since the level, when CBs came only every second level. I never experienced a shortage, when keeping only the materials for the next CB. Everything will change, however, when you get the tool exchange at level 60, because then you can change the materials you don‘t need at the moment for the electric tools instead of selling them. I would advise you to keep as much materials shortly before level 60, because then you can acquire new tools faster (they tend to use quite a lot of the materials). Hope this helps ...

Hi. I had the same situation. I decided to keep 33 of the bricks, glass and pipe looking things each. I dont know how I arrived at that number but it works for me. Then you can sell the excess.

Thanks to all for your responses. Since then I have managed to level up to 51 and built the new community building. I have also sold off much of the excess, and the barn situation is much better now

I think it depends on your playing style. For me at level 59, with the upcoming Tool Exchange looming at level 60, I have begun holding onto everything. I did used to sell off things, but now I will wait and see. You still have some time to go before hitting 60.
    Last edited by missy.; 08-02-2019 at 04:16 AM. Reason: spelling

definitely sell excess.

Sell excess. Keep only what you need for the next building, expansion, upgrade, enclosure.

Thanks guys. I have indeed sold off my excess materials (earned a few thousand coins) and resolved the barn situation. But I'll also keep in mind the level 60 tool exchange when I'm nearer.