Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mac Update**-Won't connect to server

The biggest problem seems to be the missing arrows on the friend list and market. Many in my co-op are finding that if you swipe the friend list, it's opening a town. Very frustrating.
    Apart from that - and the obvious issue of having to open a CB, tool factory and 3 houses just for one crop space....... Never mind the 971900 coins, 300 bricks, 350 slabs and 500 glass needed??????????
    Wonderful......

I'm having the same problem. I've never had to delete game to get update. I don't know how and I'm scared that I'll lose everything. Could you explain how? Do I just dump into trash? Also, does the game at the app store have a new icon now...I see a tractor, not a cow. Thank you!

winnie022
    really necessary to delete the game? how about the tab in the app store with all the installed apps? there is the update option showing. yes the icon has a tractor now just like iOS.

Quote Originally Posted by Tana Sanders View Post
    I'm having the same problem. I've never had to delete game to get update. I don't know how and I'm scared that I'll lose everything. Could you explain how? Do I just dump into trash? Also, does the game at the app store have a new icon now...I see a tractor, not a cow. Thank you!
    I don't know why there has been a change, but all you need to do is drag the icon into the trash, go to the app store and download the new version.

Your town is saved on Township servers - you don't lose anything by deleting the game.

Yes, the App store now has a tractor with a person in a straw hat in front of it as the icon.

Township Gus
    MacOS user

Thanks Gus! I appreciate the help...It worked!!...

Reinstall for update folks
    Last edited by Tana Sanders; 04-08-2019 at 12:30 AM.

Bumping this up, hoping to get an answer.

Lyndie, I sincerely apologize for missing out this announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCG View Post
    why when there is a new update for Township in the app store, you now have to delete the game and re-install to get the update?
    Hey JoeCG,

Thanks a lot for your question. Would you be so kind to specify which OS version you use to play the game?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Anna
    Last edited by Anna Petrova; 04-09-2019 at 12:10 PM.

I downloaded the Mac update and found that I could not scroll across my friends list. I reported this to playrix and still have not got a reply. Foolishly I thought I might be able to improve the running of township by optimising my Mac. To cut a long story short I ran a cleaning programme, then found I could not boot up the Mac resulting in a hefty repair cost and the loss of my Mac for several days. I have only just been able to get back to the game following a reinstallation of a new operating system and have lost all my files in the process. I still cannot scroll across my friends list!

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Petrova View Post
    Lyndie, I sincerely apologize for missing out this announcement.

Hey JoeCG,

Thanks a lot for your question. Would you be so kind to specify which OS version you use to play the game?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Anna
    Anna - thanks for replying! Appreciate it!

I'm running MacOS Mojave 10.14.4

Thank you!

Township Gus
    MacOS User

Hi Anna. I am using macOS High Sierra Version 10.13.6 and am having the same problem updating.
    Thank you.