Thread: Idea- for a task-relay

Idea- for a task-relay

Dear Developers, this ist a request to make the starting price of the task-relay 135 points and more.

Hi Inna, and welcome!

I'm afraid the Developers don't follow every post on the forum (much as I think they should, lol). You're addressing other players here, just for discussion, so if you give the reasons behind your wish it's perhaps more likely to start one.

I agree that the starting relay points need to be at 135. It is very unfair to ask 1 player to "take a hit for the team" with every relay task. Many players will not do tasks under 135, so someone has to be the poor schmuck that doesn't get maximum points at the end in order to allow the relay to progress. The current system rewards the selfish and penalizes the 'team players'.

Quote Originally Posted by Priscilla the Hun View Post
    I agree that the starting relay points need to be at 135. It is very unfair to ask 1 player to "take a hit for the team" with every relay task. Many players will not do tasks under 135, so someone has to be the poor schmuck that doesn't get maximum points at the end in order to allow the relay to progress. The current system rewards the selfish and penalizes the 'team players'.
    It is up to the leader to remind the team that individual points mean nothing. Only the total points are important for the race. The more racers to do a relay, the more points you get above the 135 points average.

Quote Originally Posted by Priscilla the Hun View Post
    What's more important, individual score or team score?

If individual score is more important, then yes, the points would need to be increased. But then, who is going to complain that they are the one getting no more than 2160 while other team members have 2250 or 2360 or whatever score is considered the maximum.

With my baby town, I am often first to take a 130 point relay to get the ball rolling. But it doesn't matter as it is the end score that is what wins/loses the race.

There is no "penalty" to team players. And in my opinion, the 130 is a good thing to say, "do we really want to do this relay?" It is a small sacrifice in the overall scheme of things.

Must say I am totally against this idea, to me the relay is a way of showing your co-op can work together as a team. If there was no points penalty on at least one leg what would be the point of them?

Graylady is 100% right, it is the leaders job to communicate and make sure everyone understands this.

I have noticed in previous co-ops that certain people never start relays, but this is a symptom of their general behaviour, they are the sort who also take all the easy tasks and are just in general not team players.

Let us not forget that there are some draconian run co-ops out there. Meet the minimum requirements {score | helps | etc.} or you will be kicked out.

Last week, I was team low scorer with 2190, I suppose I should kick myself out