Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Downfall of Township?

Re the video guy: I once saw a tip for Android players that said resetting your advertising ID in your Google account may make him appear for some people. No idea whether it works and I don't play on Android. Plus it was stressed that it didn't work for everyone.

Would be interesting to know how they choose who gets the ads and who doesn't. They say it's random but it can't be 100% - they definitely have some information about players because it seems that people in different countries get different ads, so some of us are being targeted somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by JJay View Post
    Would be interesting to know how they choose who gets the ads and who doesn't. They say it's random but it can't be 100% - they definitely have some information about players because it seems that people in different countries get different ads, so some of us are being targeted somehow.
    Lol JJay, that has left me teetering between feeling lucky I get them to slightly paranoid .
    Co-op name: War of the Roses / Co-op code:#WRY74Y / Platform: Kindle.
    Town name: Downton / Town Level: 140/ Friend Code: Y7UZA5 Full but happy to keep you on pending list
    I am aware I should not start sentences with And & But etc. But I do it anyway
    New to the game? Check out the New to Township section right here on the forum for useful info & tips .

The debate on using real money will never get old and saying so won't make it so.

What's annoying with these games is how it's set up to target those who do spend. There's no loyalty or thanks for supporting these games. On the contrary in fact - you get targeted by greed as the rewards for your dollars become less in anticipation of you spending more.

There's no balance between "enjoying" your free ride and sucking every ounce of enjoyment from those who do support the game.

I'm tired of the arguments that it's a free game. How naive do you have to be to actually believe that? Nothing is free. Everything costs. Someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Raine Logan View Post
    I'm tired of the arguments that it's a free game. How naive do you have to be to actually believe that? Nothing is free. Everything costs. Someone.
    The argument is actually more that it can be played for free, if you want or need to. I dont think anyone is naive, of course players realise that the game requires people who will spend money on it. Those who spend will be less restricted with what they can afford to do to progress in the game than those who dont. A lot of players who dont spend or spend small amounts also support the game watching the adverts if they get them, which Playrix will make a certain amount of money from as well.

I do understand being annoyed at getting less generous offers when you are a regular spender though, and think it would be nice if Playrix rewarded rather than penalized the player for showing a willingness to spend.
    Co-op name: War of the Roses / Co-op code:#WRY74Y / Platform: Kindle.
    Town name: Downton / Town Level: 140/ Friend Code: Y7UZA5 Full but happy to keep you on pending list
    I am aware I should not start sentences with And & But etc. But I do it anyway
    New to the game? Check out the New to Township section right here on the forum for useful info & tips .

I am distressed how the event mini games have become all about money. This nonsense where you have to spend tcash or start over on the leaderboard is maddening. It used to be fun to play. But now I feel it is just another cash grab from playrix. I will never play the snowboarding or bus driving event again because of it. I am done.