Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Downfall of Township?

What really annoys me is the fact that some players get t cash from videos. I don’t and no matter how many times I’ve asked why not I’m told it’s because only a few people are chosen......lol... it’s been years now and I’m not getting it! I always have to buy t cash. Maybe I should stop playing then it wouldn’t be a problem !
    Town name:Stella’s Place
    Town level:141
    Co op name:Regatta rebels #REG9GR

Quote Originally Posted by Stella Eaton View Post
    What really annoys me is the fact that some players get t cash from videos. I don’t and no matter how many times I’ve asked why not I’m told it’s because only a few people are chosen......lol... it’s been years now and I’m not getting it! I always have to buy t cash. Maybe I should stop playing then it wouldn’t be a problem !
    You can view all the reason Video Ads may disappear, here. I already see the reason. Also, there are other ways to receive TCash found here.
    Ethan | Township Wiki | Homescapes Wiki
    Town Name: Starville | Coop: T Rose
    Homescapes: Level: 122 | Team: The Best Team

Ideas That CANNOT Be Implemented At This Time

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan View Post
    You can view all the reason Video Ads may disappear, here.
    I still claim that these connections between purchases and the ads are not true for everybody. I don't have these effects on my game play (and I think the wiki should mention what they write there as possibility only, as I am not alone with this).
    Also, someone posted that complicated ranking here on the forum a while ago (at least it looked similar) and claimed they had found it on the net. I asked them where exactly, to check the source, but never got an answer.

It's one of the few cases where I don't trust the Wiki, sorry to say, at least re. the absoluteness of these statements.

I agree, DD. I never got heli ads more than once in a few weeks, even before I ever spent any real money to buy Tcash, and I had a coop-mate who bought cash regularly and yet got several ads a day regardless.

It might be 'often' true, but not always.

Hello _DD_,
    I have added a message stating that the purchase & video ad connection is only a possibility. I know Brendon added it in 2016 and some of his information is data he has recorded from his personal experiences as he stated here. Sense I do not purchase TCash, I cannot update that part of the wiki except what other users may suggest.

Best Regards,
    Ethan
    Ethan | Township Wiki | Homescapes Wiki
    Town Name: Starville | Coop: T Rose
    Homescapes: Level: 122 | Team: The Best Team

Ideas That CANNOT Be Implemented At This Time

Quote Originally Posted by Stella Eaton View Post
    Unfortunately Stella you can't expect them and you definitely shouldn't rely on them (I have seen so many players in a panic when the adverts just disappear). I have managed to still make Tcash in the game for free without the adverts as well. Also the adverts often pay out coins rather than Tcash. TBH most of my cash comes from HOL, free chests, selling jewellery, regatta and events. So it's still very doable to play the game without spending real money whether you get adverts or not IMO .

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    I agree, DD. I never got heli ads more than once in a few weeks, even before I ever spent any real money to buy Tcash, and I had a coop-mate who bought cash regularly and yet got several ads a day regardless.

It might be 'often' true, but not always.
    Exactly Bess. My take on the adverts is just to be cautious cause I get them regularly a lot of the time. However I have had them disappear on me for no good reason whatsoever with no predictable guess when they will return (sometimes reduced to once a day for a few days to a couple of months). I have had co-op members who the same as you just never got offered them except once in a blue moon.

ETA Just another thought, I think some players who do get adverts get a lot more Tcash than coins from them compared to other player's as well. So even that is another random aspect.

Last summer me and 2 friends decided to experiment with the whole, if you buy no T cash for 3 months you will get Heli ads.

We all live in the same complex, so share an IP address.

After 3 months and one week, player 1 was getting maybe 2 ads a day, mainly for coins, that week out of 13 ads, 3 gave him T cash. Player 2 got an ad around every 3 days, always for Homescapes and always coins. Player 3, me, got not one single Heli ad in over 3 months.

(The only thing we did notice in that time though was the % discount we were offered on the special offer T cash bundles increased. We all were offered around 30% at the start of the process, by the end our discounts on the next offer ranged from 60% to 80%. )

This is only a tiny sample and obviously not saying it doesn't work for some people, but it certainly didn't work for us.

Sometimes, nothing at all works with regards to the heli ads. Been there, done that. Those are the least of my gripes currently. The zoo update was a full-on culture shock for me. I've mostly gotten used to that by now, though I still hate the randomness of the animal cards. I've needed 2 raccoon cards for weeks now and no amount of T-cash is changing that for me.

My biggest annoyance by far right now is the ridiculous tool exchange. The algorithms for this are outrageous. Since I built it, I get around 20 concrete slabs for every 1 or 2 pieces of glass. Bricks are only slightly better.

When it comes to mobile games like this, the most important thing is balance. The developers have to find a balance between keeping players and making money. Once they begin to fail at that balance, players will jump ship and find another game to play. And it's a buyer's market, so the developers are the losers here. Has Township crossed that line into frustrating more players than it can retain due to money-grubbing frustration? Time will tell.
    Town: Cedar Spring
    Town Level: 116
    Co-op: Spring's Bounty - International Regatta Community
    Forum Member: December 2015

I can't remember when I started, probably around 4 years ago. I'm at level 144. My barn is up to 3510. I used to buy t-cash to support Playrix but have stopped because the game just isn't fun any more. I hardly ever play regatta because the same tasks that I don't like show up again and again and for fewer points that I want to bother with. The tasks that I like are few and far between. The mini-games are set up to make you fail and spend t-cash to keep going. I really hate the new one where you have to lay a ramp of just the right length, I am really lousy at it and (again) since it isn't fun I am not motivated to work at getting better. I agree with everyone else about the disaster that the zoo has turned into. I have THREE enclosures that I bought and have all the animal cards for but I can't get the building supplies to finish them. I swear it looks to me like they are relying on the zoo to get people to buy t-cash because it's impossible to finish enclosures just by sending off trains. The only good thing about the game is the wonderful people in my coop. I'm still at least checking in on a daily basis to keep my play-every-day streak going, but I sure am not spending any real money on it unless it becomes fun again.
    Town: Starshine The Original
    Game level 120 1/17/17
    Zoo level 27 1/17/17
    Coop: Regatta Dabblers for people serious about helping but not about the Regatta!
    Android phone
    I welcome new Facebook friends, send your request to Starshine String and be sure to PM me here

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan View Post
    Hello _DD_,
    I have added a message stating that the purchase & video ad connection is only a possibility. ...
    Thank you, Ethan, also for the link to the discussion. Of course you cannot know everything in the game from own experience; good how you adapted the input from here now.