Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No bricks no bricks no bricks

Hear hear on this post! Trains are coming in with scads of slabs. I mean literally no fewer than 8 to 10 of them when three trains are in. I might get a single brick or a single glass. Odds are I’ll get zero of either. And it’s been this way since I laid down my tool exchange two weeks ago. Yet, oddly enough, my tool exchange wants lots of bricks and glass to trade for other supplies.

I think it’s nice to require less barn space for supplies to complete a building with the tool exchange implemented, but the purpose is defeated when you’re getting vast numbers of only one item on your trains. It’s been two weeks and you’d think that with the supposed "randomness" of items coming in there would be a bit closer of a balance. During the regatta I spent t-cash to call trains in early for three different train tasks. And guess what? Nothing but slabs!

I woke up this morning and saw my trains brought me 9 slabs, 1 brick and no glass - again! That was one of two bricks I’ve gotten in three days and I’m still waiting to see a single glass. But yay, I got a single brick!

In essence, what has happened is that you may need less barn space for supplies to complete a building, but it takes three or more times longer to do it.

At a slight tangent, are the exchanged tools (jack hammers etc) actually of any use once the animal hospital has been built? I’ve been exchanging like a mad thing to save on barn space only to find I’ve now got loads of electric saws but none of the materials I need to complete a zoo enclosure. Is the tool exchange therefore redundant?
    Co-op, Colwyn Bay
    Level 142
    Zoo- not bothered!

Quote Originally Posted by Mishy View Post
    At a slight tangent, are the exchanged tools (jack hammers etc) actually of any use once the animal hospital has been built? I’ve been exchanging like a mad thing to save on barn space only to find I’ve now got loads of electric saws but none of the materials I need to complete a zoo enclosure. Is the tool exchange therefore redundant?
    Well, at level 142 you probably have all the CBs built now. So the "power tools" are not going to be needed until they introduce a new CB. They are not needed for Zoo Enclosures (ps, your signature says "Zoo - Not bothered"). Me, I'm going to save up 40 of each of these tools in case this is the start of a new wave of CBs

I agree there seems to be a serious shortage of bricks and glass! I don’t know how many trains I’ve sent, lost track, all I get are slabs!
    Town name:Stella’s Place
    Town level:128
    Co op name:Regatta rebels #REG9GR

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    Well, at level 142 you probably have all the CBs built now. So the "power tools" are not going to be needed until they introduce a new CB. They are not needed for Zoo Enclosures (ps, your signature says "Zoo - Not bothered"). Me, I'm going to save up 40 of each of these tools in case this is the start of a new wave of CBs
    Thanks cdosr. Obviously a while since I updated by signature since i’m now level 167 but you’re right, all CBs are built. I’ll do exactly as you suggested with the power tools (if only there wasn’t a never-ending issue with barn space how easy this would all be!) Interest in Zoo somewhat invigorated since the lastest update so I am now building enclosures but jeepers it’s slow
    Co-op, Colwyn Bay
    Level 142
    Zoo- not bothered!

I have plenty of bricks! If I could gift them to ya I would!

It's the slabs for me...lol
    "If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton