Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tool exchange

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Tool exchange

I need Jack hammers. I bought a second slot. Neither ever offer a single jackhammer. I have lots of drills and saws. Zero Jack hammers. I've been dumping for days. No Jack hammers.
    Last edited by Pyrrho; 04-01-2019 at 11:46 AM.

No jackhammers in a week

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrrho View Post
    I need Jack hammers. I bought a second slot. Neither ever offer a single jackhammer. I have lots of drills and saws. Zero Jack hammers. I've been dumping for days. No Jack hammers.
    Still zero jackhammers.

No jackhammers in a week
    Looks a bit extreme, indeed, but we can't help you here, alas. I have no idea how it can become so wrong for a single player, but Playrix should be able to look into it, when you send them an ingame report, as described here:

https://forum.playrix.com/showthread...l=1#post505902

(note the link there, if different operating system)

Hopefully they won't just tell you that it's normal having to wait...
    Last edited by _DD_; 04-01-2019 at 02:06 PM. Reason: fixed quote

I've gone as many as 5 rounds of dumping without seeing at least one of the various tools. Granted, I can also remember back going through a dozen or more rounds of trains while waiting for that elusive paint or nail, etc.

I would recommend that you get the third slot for the Tool Exchange (if you haven't already) in order to maximise your chances. I'm also curious how many times you may have purchased/dumped items at the Exchange over this time period to see exactly "how bad" your luck has been.

Fingers crossed you have already received your jackhammer since this post.
    Town: Is it supposed to stay the same?
    Co-op: Global Ninja Farmers (Tag: #GRRK3R)
    Level: 115 . . . .
    Friend Code: A8QUW3

Active Since: September 2016

No Jackhammers

I've been dumping all day, for the past several days. I have 2 slots. That's all I'm going to waste my coins on. Zero jackhammers.

I've been dumping all day, for the past several days. I have 2 slots. That's all I'm going to waste my coins on. Zero jackhammers.
    Well I certainly wouldn't call buying a third slot a waste of money. You don't say how many CB's you still need to build, if it's a few then an extra slot at Tool Exchange is definitely a good use of coins IMO. No matter whether you like this new addition of tools or not we need them, and it will maximise your chances of getting what you need as Will said above.

Also have you contacted CS as DD mentions to check what you are experiencing is normal? I imagine they may well suggest you get the extra tool slot to create more opportunity for you to receive the tools you need.
    I am aware I should not start sentences with And & But etc. But I do it anyway
    New to the game? Check out the New to Township section right here on the forum for useful info & tips .

Well I am disgusted by this tool exchange, what a joke, if they think this is making players happy, they are totally wrong, this will drive players away, and I refuse to finish a community building now for the simple fact, it's a huge letdown, worse than waiting on a hammer nail or paint!!!!!!!!!!

It's hard enough to stock up on materials, after the zoo update, just highly disgusted about the changes, has really taken fun out of the game when it comes to leveling up.
    Last edited by Township Tatorville; 04-02-2019 at 02:58 AM.

I’ve been trying to get Jack hammers to complete my ship yard, which has meant using lots of bricks, then I needed to build a Walrus enclosure because I’ve an animal waiting to go in there, now it’s build I don’t have enough bricks or slabs...
    It’s very frustrating, I really don’t know why they’ve brought in this Tool Exchange nonsense! Who can we complain to?

This is how the new tool exchange has been working for me much better than I would have believed it to. I felt the same as a lot of people here, wishing for a tool 'swap' (brick for slab) instead of collecting more tools, and I thought it would be more difficult, but it hasn't been for me.

Since the update, my second CB is almost finished. I have only one slot for exchange. My current CB needs drills and jackhammers. Accepting orders to keep numbers of drills and jackhammers balanced while deleting orders with circular saws, has worked for me. I did the same with my last CB, never collecting too much of one tool, but trying to keep the number of both even.

My zoo has been put on hold, while I focus on my CB's for a couple of levels, and collect enough coin to swap to working on enclosures. I don't think will work well to do CB's and zoo enclosures at the same time.

I have noticed with bricks & slabs etc. for the zoo, that if I have 85 bricks and 35 slabs, I will be waiting ages for that last slab. Same with my barn, I am waiting for ages on paint, while my number of nails, hammers is way over what I need. Uneven numbers never works well for getting what you want.

The new tool exchange is doing for me what Playrix said it would do, helping to keep my building materials down.

Good luck with getting your Jackhammers.
    Love makes everything grow more beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    Better approach than yesterday's explosion (although understandable)
    Yes, it's sometimes hard to get (any, btw) CS folks to READ.

But, sometimes misunderstandings happen, too. F.e. I don't understand your sentence about exchanging "for" drills and saws - you're exchanging for / waiting for jackhammers, no? (were you describing your undesirable results..?) Just asking, while we wait
    You think THAT was an explosion? [Mod edit: nope nope nope, rule #3]
    There is obviously some serious issues with the tool exchange. After weeks, still NO JACKJHAMMER OFFERS.
    Supports second reply was a suggestion that I get jackhammers from the House of Luck and the Regatta prizes.
    OMG, like they think I don't already do those ?
    Zero jackhammers in my barn.
    Last edited by Bessville; 04-11-2019 at 10:56 AM.