Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 32

Thread: Is hopping acceptable or not?

  1. #11
    Here is a post by Nevada all about hopping and she is one of the moderators for the forum:

    https://forum.playrix.com/showthread...-“Hopping”

    And chocolate fudge sundae...I can't find the one in here that was addressed by Playrix and posted by, I thought, Anna Petrova, specifically regarding hopping.
    Playrix had, to my understanding, no issue with hopping during the inter-seasonal regatta.
    Last edited by Twilight Bookworm; 03-30-2019 at 06:33 PM.
    Co-op Name/Code: Chocolate Warriors / #CHUD39
    Town Name/Code: Whoville / PC7BJG
    Platform: Chrome OS

    "If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton

  2. #12
    Probably Nightrook shouldn't have mentioned hopping, should have known how this would go.

    Another aspect of this...

    In a previous interseasonal week, we were in a co-op where there was a lot of grumbling because we had around 25 members, only 12 chests on the board and so a lot of sitting around waiting for the board to clear. It was discussed for the following interseasonal that we would split the co-op to make things easier...we then found that if we did this the players left behind in the home co-op would have to do more tasks because of the way co-op goals are set. (Knowing this didn't stop 6 people splitting off anyway...)

    Again if co-op goals were based on members at the start of the week it would make things like this easier.

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashdust View Post
    Probably Nightrook shouldn't have mentioned hopping, should have known how this would go.

    Ok...just had to giggle...hee-hee!
    Co-op Name/Code: Chocolate Warriors / #CHUD39
    Town Name/Code: Whoville / PC7BJG
    Platform: Chrome OS

    "If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Bookworm View Post
    And chocolate fudge sundae...I can't find the one in here that was addressed by Playrix and posted by, I thought, Anna Petrova, specifically regarding hopping.
    Playrix had, to my understanding, no issue with hopping during the inter-seasonal regatta.
    Here's what Anna said Twilight, on the 18th Oct 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Anna Petrova View Post
    Hi guys,

    Thanks for bringing this up! Kindly note that changing Co-ops during the race is not a violation of the in-game rules. Interseasonal Regatta has been introduced to give Co-ops some time to relax and stock up on the resources for the upcoming Season. Some players might feel that it’s not challenging enough and wish to participate more actively.

    However, we understand your concern and appreciate you sharing it with us. We might consider more demanding criteria for switching Co-ops during Interseasonal Regatta in the future.

    Thank you all for your feedback and support of our Fair play policy!

    Regards,
    Anna
    ETA It's worth bearing in mind to anyone who reads the entire thread of the above comment, a lot of what is said in it was when hopping was new(ish) and most of us hadn't had a chance to fully get out heads around it. Opinions have therefore probably changed since then
    Last edited by Downton; 03-30-2019 at 07:02 PM.
    Co-op name: War of the Roses / Co-op code:#WRY74Y / Platform: Kindle.
    Town name: Downton / Town Level: 137/ Friend Code: Y7UZA5 Full but happy to keep you on pending list
    .
    New to the game? Check out the New to Township section right here on the forum for useful info & tips, & Township Wiki for even more info .

  5. #15
    Thank-you Downton! Not sure why I couldn't pull it up in the advanced search.

    Lol...I'm still trying to wrap my head around the whole thing...even with the help tutorials.

    And there it is pg 4, #35:

    https://forum.playrix.com/showthread...als-grab/page4

    Thanks again!
    Last edited by Twilight Bookworm; 03-30-2019 at 11:16 PM.
    Co-op Name/Code: Chocolate Warriors / #CHUD39
    Town Name/Code: Whoville / PC7BJG
    Platform: Chrome OS

    "If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton

  6. #16
    Member Will9455Nikki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    385
    Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    Firstly cdosr was talking about why he didn't mind teammates leaving his Co-op during interseasonal even though it means less members left to work through higher co-op goals.
    I understand that. I'm not knocking it either. (Responding on a quick break at work, I find that sometimes my responses come out blunt. Apologies if you took it that way.)

    Second you are making assumptions on whose hopping as in people with more time. That's not true, plenty of people with family,friends,jobs and lives still hop.
    Fair point. I am making an assumption. But I do believe that, more often than not, that assumption is a correct one.

    It's not an unfair advantage either as everyone is allowed to do it should they decide to put the effort in, so it's a choice. I choose not to do it but do not feel other people shouldn't be allowed because I don't want to.
    Apologies for disagreeing. (And again, I do reiterate that I am not against the overall concept of hopping, just the determined benefits of it.) Can I return to the concept of the regatta season to make this point?

    Presuming of course, golden league in the following: You have the ability to do 16 tasks, no more than any other person in the co-op. Your rewards are based upon these 16 tasks and presuming that the co-op actually participates at a capacity to reach prescribed goals. With the hopping scenario, you do have the right to do as much as you want, but can't you rationalise that, to some extent, it is a cheat to be able to earn rewards that you haven't truly earned? That's all my point is.

    Again, I like the overall concept of hopping, but I don't find it fair that anyone should have the right to any more reward than anyone else.
    Town: Is it supposed to stay the same?
    Co-op: Global Ninja Farmers (Tag: #GRRK3R)
    Level: 115 . . . .
    Friend Code: A8QUW3

    Active Since: September 2016

  7. #17
    Member Will9455Nikki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    385
    Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    I think that's getting dangerously close to telling anyone who (you assume) spends more time playing than you to "get a life". Probably not the most constructive direction to take the conversation, imo.
    Apologies Bess. That truly isn't the point that I was trying to make. As I said in part in my last post, I was rushing to post during an available moment while at work. Again, if that was the message taken, I apologise. It truly wasn't intended in that manner.

    What I did mean is that there should be no more rewards available for one person than for another, hopping or not. (Nutshell answer.)

    It just seems that there could be a better way to create a balance while still allowing those that want to MAX OUT their interseasonal to do so.

    For all future points on this topic: Please note that I have not attempted this, not to say that I won't in order to better understand. I am speaking as an outsider trying still to fully understand. I do not mean any offence.
    Last edited by Bessville; 03-31-2019 at 05:59 AM. Reason: Ftfy
    Town: Is it supposed to stay the same?
    Co-op: Global Ninja Farmers (Tag: #GRRK3R)
    Level: 115 . . . .
    Friend Code: A8QUW3

    Active Since: September 2016

  8. #18
    Member Will9455Nikki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    385
    Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    Also, I get one of the songs but am lost for what the other one is. It could be one of my all time favorites "How can I miss you if you won't go away?"
    On an unrelated note, Every light in the house is on....Trace Adkins. And That's My Story...Collin Raye. Sorry, hadta put it out there.

    Don't get me wrong Cdosr, I fully agree with you that there are always going to be complaints. And I think you just touched on the tip of the iceberg.

    But I've been on teams that have lost for one reason or another (some of which you mentioned) and, in rare cases, been demoted as a result. The last week of the last season, we were up against 4 GLB teams and, while we were one ourselves (just at a lower ranking), it was one where even I said, it was bound to happen. That is certainly not my point.

    I just think that if one person has an ability to do more than another, there is an unfair advantage. I honestly don't think my hopping would be a benefit to anyone. That's not to say that I think it is a bad idea. I just think that, if it is going to be allowed, there shouldn't be an extreme disadvantage against those who "stay home" and work with their co-op.

    Maybe I am looking at it wrong or backward or missing some key element. But it just doesn't seem like there is a balance to all players. Leave your co-op mid-week, you get nothing. But hopping seems to have its own rules that may not apply to many others.

    Last point. My baby town is in a semi-competitive co-op (though we are trying to change that). Many struggle to get 8 or 9 tasks done in a week. They would never be able to "hop" as it were.

    I'm fine with the overall concept of hopping, but separate it from "everything else" and certainly make sure that no co-op that has members leave to do this is negatively affected.

    I'm stopping now. Last post on this for a few days until I can reflect more.
    Last edited by Bessville; 03-31-2019 at 05:59 AM. Reason: Ftfy
    Town: Is it supposed to stay the same?
    Co-op: Global Ninja Farmers (Tag: #GRRK3R)
    Level: 115 . . . .
    Friend Code: A8QUW3

    Active Since: September 2016

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightrook View Post
    My issue isn't with the hoppers, it is with the mixed messages we get from Township in regards to it.............

    My issue is that Township on one hand say it isn't cheating, then they add time penalties to people switching co-ops, then they send us that reply making it clear the Interseasonal regatta is not set up for hoppers. Problem is this policy penalises the ones left behind, not the hoppers.
    These are excellent points!
    LaLa’s Land
    Playing Township since August, 2018

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Will9455Nikki View Post
    Apologies for disagreeing. (And again, I do reiterate that I am not against the overall concept of hopping, just the determined benefits of it.) Can I return to the concept of the regatta season to make this point?

    Presuming of course, golden league in the following: You have the ability to do 16 tasks, no more than any other person in the co-op. Your rewards are based upon these 16 tasks and presuming that the co-op actually participates at a capacity to reach prescribed goals. With the hopping scenario, you do have the right to do as much as you want, but can't you rationalise that, to some extent, it is a cheat to be able to earn rewards that you haven't truly earned? That's all my point is.
    No need to apologise for disagreeing and I never implied you couldn't make a point about the regatta season or in fact anything else.

    I understand what you are saying, we both just have a different take on it. I still believe in my point of view as much as you do yours. Nothing wrong with that, that's what's great about the forum, we get to hear different opinions.

    Sometimes you read something and change your mind and/or learn something new, other times you don't but still respect other people's opinions and enjoy hearing different perspectives on issues.

    ETA Looking at my original post I see I should have worded it differently. I will change it to 'I don't think it is an unfair advantage', as after all it is just my opinion
    Last edited by Downton; 03-31-2019 at 01:46 AM.
    Co-op name: War of the Roses / Co-op code:#WRY74Y / Platform: Kindle.
    Town name: Downton / Town Level: 137/ Friend Code: Y7UZA5 Full but happy to keep you on pending list
    .
    New to the game? Check out the New to Township section right here on the forum for useful info & tips, & Township Wiki for even more info .

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •