Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32

Thread: Is hopping acceptable or not?

  1. #1

    Is hopping acceptable or not?

    Ok, so before people start shouting at me, I am not anti hopping. Just wanted to get people's attention.

    I have no issue with players that hop as such. What I don't like is the way hopping has changed the game for the players who choose not to hop.

    First in interseasonal week your co-op rewards are set by the results and racing numbers in the previous season, if half your co-op leave to hop this means the ones left behind have to do more tasks to get their rewards. (Confirmed by Playrix customer support)

    Second having done the regatta for a while now it is my opinion (and it is only an opinion) that speed racing has increased in line with the increase in hopping.

    So anyway, I know if hopping continues we can do nothing about the second part, but there is a solution to my first point...

    Playrix need to decide if hopping is acceptable or not, if it is, great, set co-op rewards in Interseasonal week by the number of active racers at the start of the week. If it isn't acceptable then fine, stop it, allocate co-op rewards at the end of the week along with personal rewards.

    Either way please stop penalising players who choose to use Interseasonal week in the way it was intended, as a slightly more relaxed week between seasons.

  2. #2
    Just for clarification, we asked Customer support how co-op targets were set in Interseasonal week, this was the reply...

    "Hi there!

    Thank you for your question. For now, let me explain to you the working logic of the tasks. We rely on your data from previous regattas - your activity and the number of tasks you have done in the interseasonal regattas before that to create a pull of tasks for you.

    Unfortunately, we cannot assume that you would divide or switch the co-op for the interseasonal regattas. In that case, the system is not able to take that into accounts. If you are going to play in the same co-op for several weeks and stay at the same co-ops you task balance will be much more balanced and fair.

    I hope that information helped."

  3. #3
    Member Will9455Nikki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    385
    Sooooo glad I'm not in a co-op of hoppers. (As you said though, not that I'm against it.)

    Ah well.
    Town: Is it supposed to stay the same?
    Co-op: Global Ninja Farmers (Tag: #GRRK3R)
    Level: 115 . . . .
    Friend Code: A8QUW3

    Active Since: September 2016

  4. #4
    I'm going to take a philosophical approach to this. Several on my team will be hopping this week. Many of them have accounts on the forum and are active here. Many others are curious about hopping. So here's my take on this:

    1/4 of my team will be hopping next week. I'll keep a light in the window for their return.

    Based on one person's experience, the rewards were well worth it and they recounted how many ingots of various metals they gathered during the hopping week. It was quite impressive. They could then upgrade trains, islands, and factories using those ingots.

    This gave them an advantage in the regatta tasks. If the others who are now trying to hop gain a similar advantage, my *team* is better off for it! I'd gladly trade an interseasonal week where the co-op rewards are a bit further away because folks are off hopping for the seasonal advantage of having a stronger team.

    Besides, the interseasonal week is meant to be more relaxing, I am not going to stress out because we didn't reach the 5th goal.

    That's my take and I'm sticking to it.

  5. #5
    Some in our team will be hopping, however, they always want chests too, so always return by Thursday or Friday, so that there are enough people to still working on tasks and chests. As they don't take any chests before they leave, our co-op's end goal is far less, than if they stayed and we all worked on the chests together.

    This way, they don't start working on any tasks until we hit our 4th goal, and even though we have never had a problem reaching our final goals before hopping, now, it's actually far easier for us to reach our final goal.

    As cdsor, has said, the co-op really does benefit from hoppers in the long run.
    Forever living in hope lol

    Forum member since June 2015 - Fed up with the Regatta 'rewards'!!

    Level 153 - Android Friend code RNDXDC. I'm full but happy to stay on your pending tabs.

    Imp: - Level 135 - Android 4CP9XT

  6. #6
    Member Will9455Nikki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    385
    Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    I'm going to take a philosophical approach to this. Several on my team will be hopping this week. Many of them have accounts on the forum and are active here. Many others are curious about hopping. So here's my take on this:

    1/4 of my team will be hopping next week. I'll keep a light in the window for their return.

    Based on one person's experience, the rewards were well worth it and they recounted how many ingots of various metals they gathered during the hopping week. It was quite impressive. They could then upgrade trains, islands, and factories using those ingots.

    This gave them an advantage in the regatta tasks. If the others who are now trying to hop gain a similar advantage, my *team* is better off for it! I'd gladly trade an interseasonal week where the co-op rewards are a bit further away because folks are off hopping for the seasonal advantage of having a stronger team.

    Besides, the interseasonal week is meant to be more relaxing, I am not going to stress out because we didn't reach the 5th goal.

    That's my take and I'm sticking to it.
    Besides having two different country songs pop into my head reading your post, I'll admit to having a differing opinion to the bulk of the post.

    To me, it's like having a basketball competition between a pee-wee league and the NBA. Where is the fun in a competition where one group of players might have to underhand the ball to even reach the rim of the goal versus players that seem to be able to dunk with little more than a slight stretch.

    All things being equal (which I readily admit they aren't), and while I admit that I am not against hopping, I do find that it seems to be a mentality of "well, I have more time (for whatever reason) so while the rest of your are living your lives with family or working, we'll just take advantage of a skewed system and earn a ****tonne of goodies while the rest of you can watch us leave you in the dust."

    You want a high-paced racing environment? Great. Rabbit away! But why should anyone be allowed to earn more than anyone else. Isn't the same reason that there is a limit of 16 tasks each week? Or allow hopping, but let tasks be cumulative to prevent unfair advantages.

    Sorry...working. Will re-read at home. I hope this made sense.
    Town: Is it supposed to stay the same?
    Co-op: Global Ninja Farmers (Tag: #GRRK3R)
    Level: 115 . . . .
    Friend Code: A8QUW3

    Active Since: September 2016

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Will9455Nikki View Post
    Besides having two different country songs pop into my head reading your post, I'll admit to having a differing opinion to the bulk of the post.

    To me, it's like having a basketball competition between a pee-wee league and the NBA. Where is the fun in a competition where one group of players might have to underhand the ball to even reach the rim of the goal versus players that seem to be able to dunk with little more than a slight stretch.

    All things being equal (which I readily admit they aren't), and while I admit that I am not against hopping, I do find that it seems to be a mentality of "well, I have more time (for whatever reason) so while the rest of your are living your lives with family or working, we'll just take advantage of a skewed system and earn a ****tonne of goodies while the rest of you can watch us leave you in the dust."

    You want a high-paced racing environment? Great. Rabbit away! But why should anyone be allowed to earn more than anyone else. Isn't the same reason that there is a limit of 16 tasks each week? Or allow hopping, but let tasks be cumulative to prevent unfair advantages.

    Sorry...working. Will re-read at home. I hope this made sense.

    Firstly cdosr was talking about why he didn't mind teammates leaving his Co-op during interseasonal even though it means less members left to work through higher co-op goals.

    Second you are making assumptions on whose hopping as in people with more time. That's not true, plenty of people with family,friends,jobs and lives still hop.

    I don't think it's an unfair advantage either as everyone is allowed to do it should they decide to put the effort in, so it's a choice. I choose not to do it but do not feel other people shouldn't be allowed because I don't want to.

    ETA Corrected how I phrased last paragraph
    Last edited by Downton; 03-31-2019 at 01:49 AM.
    Co-op name: War of the Roses / Co-op code:#WRY74Y / Platform: Kindle.
    Town name: Downton / Town Level: 135/ Friend Code: Y7UZA5 Full but happy to keep you on pending list
    .
    New to the game? Check out the New to Township section right here on the forum for useful info & tips, & Township Wiki for even more info .

  8. #8
    My issue isn't with the hoppers, it is with the mixed messages we get from Township in regards to it.

    I am actually going to try it one week, get a few factory upgrades etc.

    My issue is that Township on one hand say it isn't cheating, then they add time penalties to people switching co-ops, then they send us that reply making it clear the Interseasonal regatta is not set up for hoppers. Problem is this policy penalises the ones left behind, not the hoppers.

    And yes, the co-op benefits in the long run, but it would be nice and very easy for them to do to simply set co-op goals based on number of members when the Interseasonal regatta starts.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Will9455Nikki View Post
    ..
    ...I do find that it seems to be a mentality of "well, I have more time (for whatever reason) so while the rest of your are living your lives with family or working, we'll just take advantage of a skewed system and earn a ****tonne of goodies while the rest of you can watch us leave you in the dust."..
    I think that's getting dangerously close to telling anyone who (you assume) spends more time playing than you to "get a life". Probably not the most constructive direction to take the conversation, imo.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightrook View Post
    ... the co-op benefits in the long run, but it would be nice and very easy for them to do to simply set co-op goals based on number of members when the Interseasonal regatta starts.
    I agree - seems like that couldn't hurt.
    IMPORTANT:
    As Township Moderators, we maintain the forum according to its rules. We are not Playrix Staff
    - How to contact Township Support
    - Co-op Ads thread, co-ops seeking new members may advertise their team here.
    - Player Ads thread, individuals seeking a co-op may advertise themselves here.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Will9455Nikki View Post
    Besides having two different country songs pop into my head reading your post, I'll admit to having a differing opinion to the bulk of the post.
    I'd like to start this with a conciliatory tone, I agree with you, we do have different opinions

    Also, I get one of the songs but am lost for what the other one is. It could be one of my all time favorites "How can I miss you if you won't go away?"

    To me, it's like having a basketball competition between a pee-wee league and the NBA. Where is the fun in a competition where one group of players might have to underhand the ball to even reach the rim of the goal versus players that seem to be able to dunk with little more than a slight stretch.
    Not sure where this is pointed to but on a general note there is, in the general regatta, a wide disparity in the abilities of the teams out there. And they are often thrown into the same "competition group" leading to lopsided victories and unhappy teams. I have, on occasion, been known to rant against the "big spenders" that are perfect within the first 5 hours of the race.

    But the realities of this is that regardless of how Playrix decided to put teams together for the race, or whether they will make changes based on the various feedbacks they receive (or ignore), there is absolutely nothing we can do about it. Plus, no matter how teams are placed in competition groups, somebody somewhere will complain that it's "Unfair".

    1) The other team has more non-racing members so they can receive more help than my team can.
    2) The other team has a higher average experience level so they probably have more stuff upgraded than my team does.
    3) Why can't I do more tasks in the regatta, not everyone on my team can do all {8 | 10 | 12 | 14 |16}
    4) The other team can spend more money than I can (my personal gripe )
    5) Starting time is while I'm asleep so I'm already way behind the {European | Russian | Asian} teams.
    6) the other team has more friends who can help them than I do (I made this one up and I'm not even going to bring up that my friend's experience levels are higher than your friend's )

    I am convinced that unless a team is racing against an identical clone of their own team it will be considered "unfair" by someone.

    I am also convinced that the definition of "unfair" is "I didn't win this week".

    Darn it, this turned into another rant - sorry


    All things being equal (which I readily admit they aren't), and while I admit that I am not against hopping, I do find that it seems to be a mentality of "well, I have more time (for whatever reason) so while the rest of your are living your lives with family or working, we'll just take advantage of a skewed system and earn a ****tonne of goodies while the rest of you can watch us leave you in the dust."

    You want a high-paced racing environment? Great. Rabbit away! But why should anyone be allowed to earn more than anyone else. Isn't the same reason that there is a limit of 16 tasks each week? Or allow hopping, but let tasks be cumulative to prevent unfair advantages.

    Sorry...working. Will re-read at home. I hope this made sense.
    I believe the term you're searching for is "butt-load" and it can be quite a bit (I was shocked at how much). But hey, it's their time and effort. I'm sure somebody can come up with a scheme to limit the accumulation of rewards but truthfully, it's their choice to pursue them and it is within the rules and it is available to *everybody*. Just because *I* don't want to hop and am willing to forego those rewards I can't see denying them to folks with the time and inclination to do it.

    Well, there will always be differing opinions on these kind of things and I dare say no amount of reasoning, logic, explanations, or examples will change people's minds. On the positive side, since this is all done with text, we aren't resorting to YELLING AT EACH OTHER (for the humor impaired, I meant to do that )

    I leave you now with another of my favorite C&W songs, "Shoot Low Boys, They're Riding Shetland Ponies!"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •